It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS/USA................Gaza/Israel...............Help me out here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: cody599

As of yet, the US has not killed a civilian in their strikes. They are targeting artillery, large Isis units and weapons used for genocide.

Yes that sounds like the perfect pill to swallow and obey, obey, obey. How ever, Isis is very real and killing innocent people.

I'm okay with the US running to their aid if need be, Hell I'm happy to go knowing I could be caught, tortured and beheaded with a knife.

I have no problem with the US attacking ISIS, IMHO they are doing a very important service to the world and certainly to the innocent civilians that are being killed and mutilated sickening reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

If that sound hypocritical my apologies.

My point was that Israel is defending it's citizens including my 2 kids, my ex wife and my extended family living in Israel. Yes the loss of civilian life is disproportionate and lamentable to say the say the least.And yed the current administration in Israel should be put behind bars for what they have done.

Having said that the tunnels (probably for the most part have been destroyed) have been destroyed, the rockets have stopped being fired for the moment and Israel is relatively safe again.

For how long I don't know

Let's all hope sanity breaks out

Cody

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

When the IDF started killing CIVILIANS by the dozens, and when the IDF REPEATEDLY had so called "accidental" strikes on schools, hospitals, UN refugee locations etc, thats when a very distinct red line was crossed in the minds of NORMAL people.

This thread was not about the rights or wrongs of what has happened in Gaza................Please see my previous post.

Sonderkommandos were work units of German Nazi death camp prisoners, composed almost entirely of Jews, who were forced, on threat of their own deaths, to aid with the disposal of gas chamber victims during The Holocaust

Such a level of evil is incomprehensible to me; murdering your own people, but I believe some of these sociopaths knew they were helping the Zionist cause by inflicting the worst pain on the Jewish people. There are Orthodox rabbi's who have said the same thing too.

I studied the holocaust when I was doing my psychology degree.

I could never understand the Sonderkommandos except that they stood a much better chance of survival, and were probably outcasts in their communities beforehand anyway. That was my theory anyway. However right or wrong I was. I met many holocaust survivors, and seemed to agree with me.

Thanks for your spirited reply.

Cody

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Just something small.

I know for a fact if I were in your shoes I would feel the same way you do. However, peace must begin somewhere, and it must take all factors into consideration - without the emotion tied up in it.

We MUST find that balance that is good for everyone, and is not one sided. Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Cody...I respect you, and believe your a great person. I pray there will be peace some day..

We all have our reasons for feeling the way we do, and your feelings are respected also - even in disagreement over some of the particulars.

take care.

Hi OB

You know me,
Your opinion is always welcome, regardless of much it differs to mine. We have been friends here for longer than I care to remember and will continue to be, as with my RL friends we don't agree on everything.

Doesn't stop us being the best of friends though.

Cody

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Just something small.

I know for a fact if I were in your shoes I would feel the same way you do. However, peace must begin somewhere, and it must take all factors into consideration - without the emotion tied up in it.

We MUST find that balance that is good for everyone, and is not one sided. Just food for thought.

I couldn't agree more OB

IMHO peace is achievable, as soon as Hamas are either taken out of the equation or they recognise Israel's right to exist and stop lobbing missiles them.

The other factor is trust, and that's altogether trickier, it simply can't happen whilst this administration is running Israel and HAMAS is running Gaza.

It's a bloody mess

You know I've been on the receiving end and do try to stay as neutral as possible. A free Palestine is a dream I've had for years, I even patrolled with Palestinian soldiers when I was serving, there was a kind of trust but we all watched our backs at the same time.

I deplore the the of life, and the kids even more so.

If there is another way, lets hope some genius thinks it up and implements it a hell of a lot sooner than later.

Cody

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: criticalhit
It's okay because...

The American supporters of Palestine are complete morons that run the gamut between Hippies picking up a trendy cause to blatant Jew hating whack jobs who read to many conspiracy theories and fall in deep with the more ridiculous ones, the kind of people who watched Iron Sky and thought it was a documentary

America killed 500,000 Iraqi's for no reason basically, Jews shoot back it's a genocide.. the same dummies don't even realize Isis across Iraq and Syria, The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Hamas are basically identical by philosophy and would link up and be a nightmare if Israel wasn't there or that about the only thing far flung states in the region like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Egypt can even agree upon is that such a thing would potentially doom all their govts as well...

Why is it okay?

Cus Murica

lol

As much as I appreciate your support in my thread, please may I ask you to keep it civil ?

There's no need to start calling people morons, we all have our opinions and are entitled them.

Let's not make this a slagging match please

Cody

sorry sincerely,

forum decorum, I understand...

Honestly initially I had my moments where I felt the sympathy, people hold up pictures of kids for a reason... it works, but when you really examine the situation, Hamas, Muslim brotherhood and ISIS and see the kind of cancer the region could potentially create right now... well, in the long run a lot more Muslims will die and suffer if this is left unchecked than Jews before said and done, no matter how you look at this intervention is needed. Saudi Arabia is threatened, Egypt and Even Iran and Israel is in all reality the domino that would have to fall for a caliphate to form and even most of the legitimate Nation states aforementioned know this and don't want it to happen, not now, not this way. And the onslaught misinformed Americans in their early 20's or late teens looking for a humanitarian cause, well... I wish they would just go save the whales again because their demographic mix up with some of the worst American racists possible and turkish wanna be anon's etc is really just obnoxious, hipsters, rednecks and religious zealots forming a debate block just confounds the mind.... essentially because the sides of the debate all hate one another as your post shows.... America bombs 1/3 shift over and yell "hell yeah" the other 3rd go back to listening to "the cure" over bong hits....

And no offense, didn't mean to name call... but honestly, the thread itself is as much a troll on said characters without calling them out by name and demographic.... I agree fully with the "everyone has a right to their own opinion" and wont name call but honestly and truly for the most part when this debate is engaged in RL, the supporters on that side of the argument to the 90th percent have been in that 19 to early 20 something range, often Punk or hippie still entertaining HS ish stereo types or Aryan nation wanna be's or the same crew of older adults who blames Mexicans for taking their Jawbs... and a fringe of ultra, ultra liberals who actually have a few letters but somehow don't realize their views have run full circle around the spectrum to draconian beliefs...

Either way, i'll respect your wishes, there wasn't much need to say more than your thread it self did ... very subtle, not my style, but effective.

It's a rare member that apologises, many here on ATS that have been here a lot longer than you could learn a lesson from that post.

My thanks and my respect

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join