It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red meat allergy caused by ticks. Extremist Vegan biological warfare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The article I read explained it as the tick introduces a sugar, alpha-gal into the bloodstream, which is a sugar found commonly in red meat. If digested, it causes no problems, but if it gets in the bloodstream we will produce antibodies in reaction which causes all the allergy effects.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So, red blooded, freedom loving Americans only eat meat?
Sure...

The blame on Vegetarians? What the...far fetched if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ten years ago I was pregnant with a child literally allergic to everything. The baby was born and now I'm allergic to everything. A vegan was made. No ticks, no outside influence. (Babies are internal )

The funny thing is my son grew out of many of his allergies, I did not.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had no clue that some ticks were causing meat allergies, I thought that having an allergy to certain meats was just a genetic issue, taking into consideration that we humans are meat eaters by nature.

Now as for extremist trying to convince people no to eat certain foods because of their believes I never have found anybody that will look at me funny for eating a piece of meat, poultry or fish.

My best friend is vegetarian but will eat fish occasionally, we go out to eat and have not problems at all on our choice of food.

I tried a vegan diet after having my gallbladder removed, because supposedly once you get that organ removed the body have a hard time digesting fats, right after surgery I would become sick to my stomach to even look at meat for a while, but everything I ate would send me to the toilet vegan or not.

Well It didn't work, I started to have more reactions from food that never before in my life, after two years surgery I went on a keto diet, high fat, meat diet.

Guess what people no only I lost 15 pounds but all my stomach problems are gone.

I guess, some people can stomach a completely vegan, vegetarian or full high fat meat diet with not problems at all, that is what makes us individuals as humans.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18265090]marg60

I guess, some people can stomach a completely vegan, vegetarian or full high fat meat diet with not problems at all, that is what makes us individuals as humans.

That brings up some pseudo science I read about blood type being the main key as to whether or not a person can be healthy as a vegan. The end result was, not only have I been healthy and happy i fit right into the data that said i should be. It was very interesting to read.

Many people try veganism and move on, it makes you wonder.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join