It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Threat Analysis: Genetically Engineered Stealth Bio-weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Event: The biannual US Army Science Conference in Orlando Florida. Participants: 1400 assorted engineers, defense contractors and Fort Detrick�s finest. Hot Topic: Genetically engineered stealth bio-weapons that incubate in the body for years before striking. Not Acknowledged: 1) Neither terrorists nor invading armies would use slow-acting stealth bio-weapons; 2) Such a disease is already loose in the world; and 3) It's been spreading and mutating since the early 1900�s.

www.wired.com
But there was one dark note in Kurzweil's otherwise sunny preview of the next half century: the specter of biological weapons, engineered for genocide. As people gain understanding of the way the body works, the potential for making truly malevolent agents increases, too. These pathogens are poised to become "the real existential threat we face," Kurzweil intoned. "It's potentially more destructive than an atomic weapon. There's really no stopping it."

"Imagine, Kurzweil told Wired News after his talk, a deadly agent that could spread easily, like the common cold, but is stealthy, incubating in the body for years before it strikes. �That's the real nightmare scenario," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Stealth bio-weapons are a hot topic in defense, along with infectious prions � key infectious agents known to incubate silently for years. President Bush placed infectious prions on his "Select Agents" list under the Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act � obstructing US research into prions and prion-related diseases, and making it illegal for US scientists to discuss the topic publicly � allegedly because terrorists might use prions to develop stealth bio-weapons.

In fact, terrorists and invading armies want immediate results � they aren�t interested in long term destabilization. And stealth bio-weapons fall under the "long term destabilization" weapons category; they are not "anti-personnel" weapons and are not used for battle or any kind of direct attack. Adriano Aguzzi, a leading prion researcher in Switzerland says:

"�(he) doubts that terrorists would find prions very useful since it can possibly take decades to cause any real harm. �I continue to believe that a terrorist might probably rather opt for poisons acting with a shorter latency, rather than an agent that may have a hypothetical incubation time of 20 years or longer."

biomedcentral.com

No terrorist is going to wait decades for results. That would defeat their purpose. So why the constant spotlight on stealth bio-weapons? And why the Presidential gag order on prions and prion-related diseases?

The answers are hidden in plain sight. A disease now called fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) first appeared in the early 1900�s. It incubates in the body for decades before striking, causes progressive degeneration and disability before death, and is now epidemic.

FMD may have been introduced via mass vaccinations of soldiers in WWI. The disease was not named or acknowledged officially in the USA until 1938 when congenital transmission was undeniably proven by Drs. Leadbetter and Burkland.

FMD causes mutations in cells and tissues. These mutations generally take decades to spread through the body, via the blood and lymph vessels. Eventually, FMD leads to heart attack, cancer or stroke � now leading causes of death in the USA and the world.

For example, the Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery reported in 1993 that death in patients diagnosed with FMD came very slowly, and was caused 44.4% by heart attacks, 33.3% by cancer and 22.2% by stroke.

"Fifty-eight patients underwent 72 operations for symptomatic fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) between 1970 and 1986. There were 35 females and 23 males aged between 36 and 76 years (average 56). ...The follow-up period extends from 6 to 22 years. Five patients were lost to follow-up. ...Nine patients died: 4 from myocardial infarction, 3 from cancer, 2 from neurologic disease."

nih.gov

According to the last publicly available report, FMD in adults in the USA is reported officially at an incidence rate of 1.7% � with 65% of reported cases diagnosed in autopsy.

"In the US: The reported incidence of FMD in adults is 0.6% via angiography and 1.1% via autopsy. FMD most typically presents in persons aged 25-50 years."

emedicine.com

So every single day of 2003, almost 7,000 American adults were diagnosed in autopsy with FMD, on average � nearly 2.3 million deaths out of a total of 3.5 million new FMD cases reported that year. By any terms, the disease is epidemic and scary. But the public has not been informed about its impact on public health, the health care system and economy.

FMD starts with the mis-folding and accumulation of an actin protein, most likely caused by an infectious prion. It may be the first engineered biological weapon loosed on the world � and it�s been spreading, mutating and evolving for almost a century. Now, it�s spiralling out-of-control, and the Bush administration is doing nothing to stop it.

If it is a bio-weapon, FMD belongs to the "destabilization" category � and is designed to kill slowly, destabilize society over the long term, and destroy democracy from within. In evaluating the risks and roles of agricultural bioterrorism, Dr. Mark Wheelis of University of California-Davis made the following observations:

edmonds-institute.org

"�the list of possible perpetrators includes corporations, which may have state-of-the-art technical expertise. ...corporations ...could benefit immensely from the economic impacts, market share changes, and financial market effects of a successful biological attack. ...The combination of motivation, expertise, and materials within a single, closed organization is worrisome. Of course, corporations, like countries, would run enormous legal risks if they perpetrated a biological attack, so if they were to choose to do this, it would be expertly designed to mimic a natural outbreak or to appear to be the work of others."

Dr. Wheelis�s observations apply across the board � to stealth bio-weapons and to the early 1900�s.

It looks like America is in the final stages of a long planned corporate takeover, orchestrated and engineered by the same group that privatized the Federal Reserve back in 1920.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, many thanks for that. Good post.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Excellent post Soficrow
The dangers of Boiagents with an incubation time is something that should be considered. I have tried to search for a lttl info on the subject, but I had failed to find much else than an acknowledgement of the technology. Good find and excellent research Soficrow

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
The dangers of Boiagents with an incubation time is something that should be considered. I have tried to search for a lttl info on the subject, but I had failed to find much else than an acknowledgement of the technology.

Thanks guys - much appreciated. ...I suspect the 'inventors' didn't know what they were dealing with - and it got away from them. ...Now it needs genetics, molecular biology, proteomics, plasma physics - the works - just to understand the basics.

...More info to follow. Will flag key search terms.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
First, could you say who privitised the Fed Reserve bank in the 1920s?
Second, yes a good post, and there are some experts hear on ATS in FMD. HOpefully they will offer some input and anser some questions.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is very scary considering our current state of the world.... When we're questioning who is actually working for us, instead of against us, could these horrible things have already been administered to the public? how could one tell?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My interest in this issue started with the disease fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) itself - and my research focused on the medicine and science - what the disease does, how it works, mutates and spreads. ...BUT - In the process of researching the science - I tripped over political and economic issues ranging from Eugenics and the New World Order to the forced dissolution of worker's cooperative health insurance companies in the early 1900's to depopulation conspiracies, AIDS and the Federal Reserve. Now it's pretty clear to me it's all part of the same package - and that FMD is the missing link that shows how it's all tied together.

Originally posted by Red Golem
First, could you say who privitised the Fed Reserve bank in the 1920s?

...The Federal Reserve is a private company, not publicly traded, so no information has to be released to the public (ie., the names of the owners). ...Until very recently, the basic information was available on the net through the Delaware Corporate Records site. ...The Federal Reserve was incorporated in Delaware as the "Federal Reserve Association" on September 13, 1914 as a "nonprofit religious" entity, File No. 0042817; the Registered Agent is "Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc." located at 3422 Old Capitol Trail Suite 700 in Wilmington; the Postal Code is 19808, phone number (302)996-5819.

FYI - incorporation as a "nonprofit religious" corporate entity means that no one has the right to view the books, not even the IRS.

Federal Reserve FAQS:

1. This one is official corporate spin, confirms private ownership, makes very much of extremely limited Congressional oversight. "An easy-to-read guide to the structure and functions of the Federal Reserve System" from the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank.
www.stlouisfed.org...

2. Your Government - Censorship in Action
The Legal Documentation and Corporate Records were available on November 30, 2004 (5 days ago) but when I checked 5 minutes ago, they had disappeared from Delaware's Corporate Records site:
www.knowx.com...

3. Many people have tried to find out who really owns the Federal Reserve and much background research has been done...

The Federal Reserve Fraud and the "Invisible Government"
www.healthfreedom.info...

Chart of who "owns" the Federal Reserve
www.save-a-patriot.org...

The Federal Reserve is PRIVATELY OWNED
www.worldnewsstand.net...

Related interest - Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee
www.gata.org...

NOTE: Because of my focus on the science, I have not thoroughly researched the links between the Federal Reserve and FMD - BUT - the same key players are a) behind the Federal Reserve, b) involved in the original Eugenics Movement, c) linked to the development and financial support of the German Nazi Party, and d) involved in manufacturing vaccines first, for the US military in WWI and later, for public vaccination programs. IMO - the current dearth of vaccine manufacturers in the USA has to do with bailing to avoid liability for old sins.

...I think I'll email ADVISOR and ask about setting up a research project on this part of the project.

enjoy - sofi

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Soficrow,
Thanks for posting all the info. You are a credit to ATS, please do keep in the good work.

I now understand a bit more about the Fed Reserve then I did before.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thanks Red - Here's a list of background references on FMD I made up for another thread...

Leadbetter WF: Hypertension in unilateral renal disease. J Urol 1938, 39:611-626. (Sorry, no link)

Julian LM. The occurrence of fibromuscular dysplasia in the arteries of domestic turkeys. Am J Pathol. 1980 Nov;101(2):415-24. PMID: 7435545
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Braga IS 3rd, Tanaka S, Itakura C, Mizutani M. Fibromuscular dysplasia in intramuscular arteries of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica). J Comp Pathol. 1996 Feb;114(2):123-30. PMID: 8920213
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

From the Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research and Animal Science ... (RE: FMD pathology in avian reovirus)
www.scielo.br...

"The Next Influenza Pandemic: Lessons from Hong Kong, 1997"
www.cdc.gov...

more...

"WHO refutes claims that bird flu virus originated from China"
www.chinaview.cn 2004-01-31 13:24:00

"H5N1 has laid waste to poultry stocks across wide swathes of Asia but it doesn't restrict itself to chickens. People, pigs, dogs, domestic cats, tigers and leopards -- the virus has surprised experts by showing it can infect far afield without acquiring the non-avian genetic material once thought to be necessary for it to jump species."
www.canada.com...

FYI - One of the better articles on FMD I've found. It bows to corporate and political pressure like they all do, but it's less flawed and more complete than others. ..."Fibromuscular dysplasia: When is intervention warranted?" 1 Thomas K. Currya, Louis M. Messina* Seminars in Vascular Surgery. September 2003 � Volume 16 � Number 3
www2.us.elsevierhealth.com...
action=searchDB&searchDBfor=art&artType=full&id=as0895796703000243

Of further interest: "Weird Life: Viruses and Prions"
www.biology.iupui.edu...

"Playing chicken with public health"
www.bangkokpost.com...

July, 2004.
"US scientists need better ways to fight the influence of industry and politics on scientific inquiry,... Whether they are studying global warming, environmental toxins, or workplace safety, scientists who find their research unjustifiably shunned or suppressed face similar challenges from corporate and special interests...
...Baird also took the scientific community to task for failing to respond to the suppression of science (and contended that) scientists ... must "stand up for the democratic process itself."
...An April 2004 General Accounting Office report ...said some departments have appointed members of industry and stakeholder groups, persons who are exempt from conflict-of-interest rules. Industry leaders may therefore theoretically be profiting from their own advice."
Fighting for integrity. Delegates at a CSPI meeting dismayed at corporate influence, politicization of science.
www.biomedcentral.com...

new topics

top topics

join