It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation is a hoax !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
LittlebyLittle -

you have just testified that Jesus is God...I am. This can only come from the Holy Spirit. The spirit of God has come upon you.

God bless you.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u Well incarnation is real so then there must be some sort of line one could cut into. Maybe push there way to the front. Then we get to the pesky question of do you have a ticket to ride. Perhaps the man with the tickets does not hand them out to everyone and somehow a few have been able to earn them or something. This would explain why it is pointed to in the bible but is never fully told. perhaps we think of it as a simple system and the truth is that it is a very complicated one that would only confuse us further. Personally i have spiritually expierenced both views on the subject. I have witnessed the proof of some knowing without reason and i have felt the mentality of a spirit being bound to dead flesh in waiting. Overall my gut says that forty years waiting has something to do with it but i do not know for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Your reply makes no sense, it is implied by the very nature of the question you pose that they are one and the same.

When Sally says she remembers being David in her past life, she is saying once upon a time I believe I was David, I died and was reborn as Sally.

Providing David wasn't alive when Sally was born, then Sally could well have been David.

If David died after Sally was born, then Sally and David would have to be two separate entities.

Remember, the human body is a physical object, vessel if you like, the soul or essence is believed to be separate from the body.

A bit like mind and brain....brain, processes cognitive functions, the mind muses, imagines, creates, and holds our understanding, personality and perception.

Although the two work together, you only need a brain to utilise the mind...the mind is our own.

Thank you for your reply. A very well thought out reply! But I don't think you understood me thought - I put names to the individuals as a point to make - two people (two separate beings) who allegedly had the same spirit. This is impossible.

Okay....story time!

1880-1959: David's story.

Once upon a time, there was a guy named David, he lived a turbulent life, living hand to mouth, wife died, left him to bring up 10 kids on his own (fortunately he was a very strong man, both physically and mentally), after he retired from the docks, David spent the remainder of his days questioning his existence, until one fateful day, he dies in his sleep of a stroke.

David's soul leaves his body, to return to source, ether, macdonalds?!

Until one day...The Soul Returns!

2003-Present Day: Sally's Story

Sally is 11 years old, having spent most of her short life til now suffering from night terrors and an almost otherworldly unwillingness to want to go to sleep at night, scared she will never wake up again, her parents have finally referred her to a psychiatrist to try to get to the bottom of it all.

For Sally's parents, sally has always exhibited this uneasyness around bedtime, which they think might be linked to what she talked about when she was about 3 or 4, Sally would say the strangest things...that she was a man really, a big strong man, used to lifting heavy stuff.

So convinced Sally was of this, one day her parents had to stop Sally from trying to lift the edge of the car to rescue Muffin Bunny's ear from under its wheel, as they knew her tiny frame would never manage it.

The psychiatrist mumbled some mumbo jumbo about reincarnation and that perhaps Sally was remembering a past life, perhaps, this past life had met their end centred around sleep.

Of course the psychiatrist was not entirely serious that this may be the case, but it certainly was food for thought.

Eventually Sally's reluctance to sleep and night terrors were managed through CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and she went on to live a happy and productive life.

Really reccomend watching Cloud Atlas, it's a wonderful film, which explains the idea of reincarnation beautifully.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So you are speaking for EVERY reincarnationists? Was it by vote? Where did it take place at?

I wouldn't be so presumptuous. Not all reincarnationists believe exactly the same. But there are many similarities among them. I have studied it. So I think I can speak on the basics which most hold.

Mutiple personality disorder - What exactly do you mean by this?

I mean this...

So my question is very simple. To those of us that believe in a physical resurrection....... which one comes back at the resurrection? Does Sally come back or David? Only one person can come back so which one is it? Sally or David? Two bodies claiming to have the same spirit... over two life times however both bodies can not be resurrected with the same spirit.

...is written with the assumption there is a resurrection at all. Nor does Sally and David have an issue with the same spirit inhabiting two bodies.

Who said anything about familiar spirits (demons) whispering in her ear? Are you putting words in my mouth now?

I didn't say you said it. It's not in your OP anywhere. I was speaking about those who do teach such nonsense. Nevertheless, I should have been clear that was the case. I stand corrected.

Ever hear of lucid dreaming?

Yes. Yes I have, and have experienced it on more than one occasion.

Maybe you should have read through the thread before making your post?

I read and understood your OP very well. I just respectfully disagree with your assessment and assumptions.

edit on 8/7/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddonCloud atlas is a must to understand on the subject. I like how they deal with the energy aspect of our lives. How the energy seems to be repeating itself and the physical world seems to be somewhat bound by the first energies present. Sort of like how a wave in a pond works. I thought i was alone in that thought that the past is being relived all around us until i saw that movie.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I was going to reply to this thread when it started last night, but I was too tired...

Lets see...

First... You're stuck in Christianity mode... which means you don't understand the concept of reincarnation in the first place according to your OP... you can't mesh resurrection of the body with reincarnation and expect to understand

Resurrection of the body is just as silly as reincarnation... perhaps more so... Sally/David would not be returning... Said soul within that person returns with a new body which is given according to what they deserve...

Second... There is a belief in Transmigration of the soul In jewish mysticism... which is an Abrahamic based religion... So is Gnosticism to an extent...

Third... Its also found in the bible if you know where to look... Job 1 would be a good start...

Jesus also spoke of it a few times... one instance is Elijah...

Why I believe in reincarnation? Well... With God anything is possible... Right?

Denying reincarnation exists is putting limits on God... which I prefer not to do...

And its the only way to logically explain why bad things happen to good people...

edit on 7-8-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

you have just testified that Jesus is God...I am. This can only come from the Holy Spirit. The spirit of God has come upon you.

God bless you.

Jesus is not god but one with god and there is a difference. The drop is not the ocean even if it is part of it and connected to all parts of the ocean. But I say that Jesus teachings do in meta say the same as other blessed ones have said before and after him and that is why I read the bible at times. I find Buddha easier to understand since he do not create problems that you have to solve to understand but say it right out. But then Rumi and Nanak are quite spot on also. But after understanding the core they teach I noticed Jesus taught the same in his own words.

My first encounter with the holy spirit was years ago, and I do know how the holy spirit feels and can shut down my mind and just bliss if I want to.

But from my point of view Jesus have said he will protect all sheep and against all the wolves in sheep clothing. So all I need to do is be a sheep and Jesus protects me according to his own words. From my point of view sheep do not automatically mean "of Christian faith". You gotta love a person who will protect the innocent no matter gender, race and "religious view".

edit on 7-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Reincarnation is a hoax?

Yes, I'm the one perpetrating it personally.
It's my seventh life spent on propagating the hoax of reincarnation... and you still don't believe me...
Consider five hundred years wasted...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Same with me, I searched and found an answer to what I already felt was true, I've been here many times before, and this time I chose to come back.

I am, you are, we are all as one.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all I disagree wholeheartedly by your statement that reincarnation is a hoax. How can my experiences be hoaxed? Who or what has the ability to cause my consciousness to experience aspects of five other lives and a view of the spirit world (heaven?) that would make an NDE seem like a Ferris Wheel ride?
Now I am not here to attack your belief system because what we believe has little to do with reality. I will say that our little pea brains cant even begin to imagine what God even is, however the source loves all that is. And what is, is also beyond our comprehension.
I am not here to convince only to inform. You asked the question why I believe in reincarnation. My answer is because I have experienced it. Let me give you a brief run down on how it works since you seem to have forgotten. We are created first as spiritual creatures, we have an overwhelming desire to learn and grow, we are helped and guided by beings who are more advanced than us, we have free will to choose our own path, some spirits choose to learn in harsh places, we are in one of these places, there is a lot to learn so it takes very many lives, we eventually rise above, then we go to 1st grade.
Let me tell you that I have the greatest respect for any spirit that chooses to live on this earth even the book believers. I know that you younger souls need the regimentation of religion to explain the world around you. It must be a terrible thing to feel like a victim cast into a world controlled by evil entities.
Because of your souls age I doubt much of this will mean anything but I'm throwing it out anyway. Highest Regards! a reply to: Jesuslives4u

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantazero

Have you worked out what if you need to learn anything specific in this life, or are you hear to teach or help others, or a bit of it all?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Then the question could equally have been Are you Enoch? Just because someone is not listed as actually dying in the bible doesn't mean that they didn't die or even that they existed in the first place.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are some payback or karmic issues with a couple of close ones. There has also been a reoccurring theme in past lives that I have overcome in this life. I know I am winding down but here I am so there are other things to work on. If these were known that would be easy. The lessons are greater when they are hard.
We are all teachers because we can all learn from each other. I am here to help others. More as a mentor to ones close to me than a teacher en mass though.
Don't forget our other function of just soaking it all in. Sometimes we get to serious about what we need to work on or how we need to treat others and we forget about all the beauty around us. Where were at is about as bad as it gets. Part of rising above is being able to see through all that and finding the beauty that's everywhere. I hope this answers your question. Love What a reply to: subtopia

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join