It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny God's Son or Die - You in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Christians, hypothetical scenario:

ISIS has you at gunpoint

Will you deny God's Son or die?

It is an interesting question, considering our entire Faith is built on the blood of martyrs. People who dedicated their entire lives to Christ and who died for Him. Most of the time when we read something in the NT of the Scripture that amazes us with the level of wisdom contained in the message, it was penned by someone who traveled miles and miles just to be martyred for Christ.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon

Never.

Why would any Christian deny the son of god? If you would do that, you do not have faith, therefore not really a Christian.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I would tell them I will see you in Hell.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
they will kill you anyway . they made a Christian convert to islam then they cut his head off after he had done it .

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Absolutely not. I'd rather have my life shortened here than I would spend eternity in hell. It's just that simple. Anyone who has accepted Jesus and then turns their back is sentencing themselves to that fate. In the bible it does warn believers that a time will come where you will have to do this exact thing. Anyone that is a believer and is forced to make this choice, will not be surprised at having to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yeah because the idea that God (The creator of the universe) had a Son is ridiculous and some texts actually point to that belief being absolute bs anyway. Even from the earliest Christian texts prior to the Roman acceptance of Christianity. It sounds similar to the Semiramis story but the only difference is she committed incest with her immaculate birth.. It has Paganism written all over it I'm sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Absolutely not. I'd rather have my life shortened here than I would spend eternity in hell. It's just that simple. Anyone who has accepted Jesus and then turns their back is sentencing themselves to that fate. In the bible it does warn believers that a time will come where you will have to do this exact thing. Anyone that is a believer and is forced to make this choice, will not be surprised at having to do so.

If I know I'm going to die, "Belief" is nothing. I don't believe anything at that point. I know I am going to die.
Hit them with your last drop. Hit hard.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Laugh at them .. I dont believe in the barbaric... bloodthirsty western god or western religions ..

As to dying.. meh.. everyone dies sometime and with luck in the next life the fools and idiots will have finished each other off leaving the world to sane people ..
edit on 7/8/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/8/14 by Expat888 because: typo.. grrr..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
oh i definitely would
and then i would call allah a p*$^y and spit in their eye

op seems to forget christianity was spread by the sword as well

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

Never.

Why would any Christian deny the son of god? If you would do that, you do not have faith, therefore not really a Christian.

Winner Winner chicken dinner!

You hit the nail on the head!

Matthew 10:28 - And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to any one religion, but if i was a dedicated Christian, i wouldn't renounce the faith. Why? Simply because ISIS is going to kill me anyway.

That said, i feel i have to raise a very important topic here. Christians are not the only religious minority to be placed in such situations. Other minorities are being treated the same, if not worse, than the Christians. The yazidi, for example, have been massacred by ISIS and have even been chased up into the mountains. Shia Muslims are pretty much put to death on the spot.

No doubt the Christian situation is bad, but at least ISIS is giving them a choice to leave Mosul, or pay a tax...the same can't be said for the Yazidi, who are seen as devil worshipers, or Shia Muslims, who are seen as misguided disbelievers by ISIS.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The way I see it, life under Shariah is living hell. So by denying Christ I risk going to hell, only to live in Hell.

I'd rather go to heaven.

If I am wrong about heaven or Christ as many here claim, then nothingness is far preferable to living a Shariah life as a woman.

I can see why female infanticide is common in Shariah compliant areas, what woman wants her daughter to live as women live under Shariah? I have compassion on these women who love their tiny daughters so much they remove them from a Shariah life for females. Death, nothingness, is preferable to living in a Muslim country.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I'd never give the bastards a chance to ask me the question.

I'd take as many with me to the gates of hell as I could.

They are cowards and pathetic dogs who shame those with any true faith, morals, ethics, values.

They aren't worth the spit from a dying dogs mouth!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

They are cowards and pathetic dogs who shame those with any true faith, morals, ethics, values.

It sickens me how people can just sit there and let ISIS take their lives...some of the videos...sigh.

I saw a video on liveleak, showing ISIS leading a bunch of Shia Muslims, maybe 50 or so, to their death. There were about 10 - 15 terrorists, and 50 unarmed, unrestrained prisoners. The prisoners, all walking freely, willingly went and laid down, waiting for their inevitable death. It really bugged me that not even one charged an ISIS fighter...not one.

If i was ever in such a situation, i would make sure that i would do everything possible to alter the outcome. In the above case, i would have rallied on the 50 prisoners to charge the terrorists. People will die, but if one could get a hold of an AK-47, things could have turned out differently.

ISIS needs to be brought down, and i have no idea why the West is sitting idly by, allowing them to solidify their power.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

ISIS is serving the west's agenda, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
Christians, hypothetical scenario:

ISIS has you at gunpoint

Will you deny God's Son or die?

It is an interesting question, considering our entire Faith is built on the blood of martyrs. People who dedicated their entire lives to Christ and who died for Him. Most of the time when we read something in the NT of the Scripture that amazes us with the level of wisdom contained in the message, it was penned by someone who traveled miles and miles just to be martyred for Christ.

You see, this is why I abhor religions and religious ideologies. So exclusive. My belief or die. My belief or perish in eternal torture...etc. Why can't it be "Your belief is just as valid as mine. Have a nice day." ??

Religions, in my opinion, are the reason we have been and always will be a warring society.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hard words! And I agree! Many think a true christian will not take up arms and they be surprised to see many Christians very capable to protect their own home.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Interesting no one comments on how a woman would rather be dead than live under Shariah, regardless of her faith.

Women, and old women like me have trouble fighting back. But I do think the Bible is quite clear that self defense is not only acceptable but Jesus himself told his disciples to take swords with them when they travel.

Life as a beaten, battered, isolated, piece of property is living hell.

My point was that even if I didn't believe in Christ, that I'd be better off dead than convert at the sword with ISIS

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: daaskapital

ISIS is serving the west's agenda, in my humble opinion.

You mean Israels agenda?
ISIS is killing muslims and Christians. Have they or Al Qaeda ever attacked Israel?

I don't understand why people just can't believe what they want to believe and leave other people the hell alone. Religion is terror against humanity(believe what I believe or die!! Or go to hell for eternity!!!). How anyone with any rational thought could believe any of it is beyond me. Lets live in the here and now. To hell with what happened 2,3,4,5 thousand years ago. I thought humans were supposed to keep getting smarter as time goes on?
edit on 7-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

What leads to you believe humans are supposed to get smarter?

As for religion, I believe everyone should believe what they want, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's beliefs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join