It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen faces life in jail for making pot brownies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

Pot is safer than water? Oh Really?

You mean there is no tar in that smoke? You mean the medical effects of THC are not harmful to the brain development of the young? It may be without serious harm to adults, but developing brains won't be the least bit changed in any way from profound chemical balance changes and more? This is now the narrative being pushed to believe? Really???

I'll agree with anyone here that the dangers of the stuff were proven to be overblown in ridiculous ways as far back as the Blue Ribbon commission charged with investigating it under President Richard Nixon. Calling it "safer than water" is dangerously misinformed or chasing a campaign to achieve an end result by any means needed, honest or not though. Lets stay somewhere inside the lines of honesty at least.

Legalization is a winning argument, using just honest points. The rest will kill the whole effort by misplaced enthusiasm.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Does the fact that a teen is making pot brownies bother anyone else but me? Hell I live in Washington state and it bothers me. What is the difference in this if the teen was cooking up meth in his kitchen instead of making pot brownies?

For one the meth can kill you also there is a good chance of blowing up your house while making it. Neither of those things can happen while making pot brownies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Does the fact that a teen is making pot brownies bother anyone else but me? Hell I live in Washington state and it bothers me. What is the difference in this if the teen was cooking up meth in his kitchen instead of making pot brownies?

For one the meth can kill you also there is a good chance of blowing up your house while making it. Neither of those things can happen while making pot brownies.

Sorry buster you are wrong.

denver.cbslocal.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Do you actually check anything before replying?? Hash oil was part of his efforts.

DENVER (CBS4) – Since recreational marijuana became legal in Colorado, fire departments around the state have battled an unanticipated problem — fires linked to people trying to extract hash oil from marijuana in their homes.

In the first five months of 2014 there have been more than 30 hash oil explosions in the state.
Src

The problem is hardly a small or quiet one. It took a couple seconds with a google search for the list to be filled with reports of this very issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: buster2010

Sorry buster you are wrong.

denver.cbslocal.com...

Sorry but i refuse to believe that hash oil is explosive and was the cause of that accident.

meth, not THAT production is amazingly dangerous, boiling down some sticks to an oil is not even close to the same thing.

He probably messed up with making it and it was the other equipment that blew up, which is simply a stupid mistake with the chemical that used to thin out (then evaporate) the mash of stuff.

dont blame the oil, blame the guy!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Refuse to believe what you want but it does happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Meth and pot are not the same. There's a huge difference between baking some pot brownies and cooking up a batch of meth. Not even getting into the effects of the drugs themselves, making meth is much more dangerous than cooking some pot brownies.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
That was the process of making hash oil not making brownies. He already had the oil he wasn't making the oil itself he was making brownies. There is no chance of blowing your house up if you are just making brownies just like I said. The article in the OP said the kid was making brownies not the oil itself. I suggest you should reread the article maybe you will understand it better.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did he already have the oil? Where did you learn he got it from? We would all like to know that. Texas has no store in their state which will give him hash oil. New Mexico won't. Oklahoma won't. Arkansas will not. Louisiana will not. Colorado will, and then he'll be guilty of interstate smuggling to admit it.

I doubt he did that anyway. The directions to make hash oil in your bathtub with Acetone, Butane or Ether are all over the internet and how people are blowing themselves and anyone else in the house to hell in the process.

Brownies aren't deadly to make. The Hash Oil he had in a state where it had to be homemade by someone, IS dangerous to make. It has been lethal to enough people that it now stands as major state issues some are trying to address before more people die.

It isn't imagined. It is headlines over body bags and ruined neighborhoods. There is enough of it to have to work at not finding the stories, and they keep coming.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. What is the difference between cooking meth and weed brownies?
They are literally on opposite sides of the spectrum lol

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic

Did he already have the oil? Where did you learn he got it from? We would all like to know that. Texas has no store in their state which will give him hash oil. New Mexico won't. Oklahoma won't. Arkansas will not. Louisiana will not. Colorado will, and then he'll be guilty of interstate smuggling to admit it.

I doubt he did that anyway. The directions to make hash oil in your bathtub with Acetone, Butane or Ether are all over the internet and how people are blowing themselves and anyone else in the house to hell in the process.

Brownies aren't deadly to make. The Hash Oil he had in a state where it had to be homemade by someone, IS dangerous to make. It has been lethal to enough people that it now stands as major state issues some are trying to address before more people die.

It isn't imagined. It is headlines over body bags and ruined neighborhoods. There is enough of it to have to work at not finding the stories, and they keep coming.

Did you even bother to read the article? I guess not. As it states in it

A 19-year-old Texas man who could face years in prison for making brownies laced with marijuana and hash oil said Wednesday he remains scared despite new evidence that his attorney believes should reduce the charges.

This would imply that he already had the oil and he did 145 grams of hash oil. Had he made the oil itself then there would have been charges for making the oil but there isn't is there?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All that talking about weed and stuff makes me want to light up my big juicy candle and have an hour of relaxing meditation while having some beet juice.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Shouldn't these law be targeting sexual predators, murderers, and hardcore drug manufacturers? A lifetime in prison for a herb, that can't be manufactured, and converted into a brownies a few bucks in todays crappy economy?

Sounds like the Justice system there is border then I am.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
LIFE FOR WEED IN TEXAS?!!!!

Jesus H Christos thank god I live in Colorado now.

And for what? What will putting this guy in jail for any amt of time accomplish?

Stupid idiotic assbackwards state, meanwhile crystal meth FLOODS Texas, nobody stopping mexican cartel activity in TX but the kid with the pot brownie?!

OH LETS CRUCIFY HIM.

The sheer stupidity.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Remind me, to never listen to a chemistry lesson if you ever have.

A meth addict, or any hardcore addict is more likely to kill, or rob someone then a pothead. There are no withdrawals symptoms with pot, while there is a ton with those other drugs. Also, meth, crack, coc aine, heroine, whateva smack is made with a whole bunch of chemicals. Making those drug are way more dangerous then converting stems and oil into brownies.

Also, drug tests can only target pot, cause THC stays in the fats, while the other just flush right throw their system.

link   

Remind me, to never listen to a chemistry lesson if you ever have.

A meth addict, or any hardcore addict is more likely to kill, or rob someone then a pothead. There are no withdrawals symptoms with pot, while there is a ton with those other drugs. Also, meth, crack, coc aine, heroine, whateva smack is made with a whole bunch of chemicals. Making those drug are way more dangerous then converting stems and oil into brownies.

Also, drug tests can only target pot, cause THC stays in the fats, while the other just flush right throw their system.

link   

Remind me, to never listen to a chemistry lesson if you ever have one.

Also, drug tests can only target pot, cause THC stays in the fats, while the other just flush right through their system.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

If drug tests only look for pot, then why do the home drug panel tests we have bought for our kid to use a couple times shown detection thresholds for 12 individual things?

As I understand it, the detection time is a matter of a couple to a few days on most things while the fat storage of pot makes it 14-45 days and sometimes more. The others are still tested for though?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spookysully
Not to sound mean but comparing this plant to meth is simply ignorant.

Are they both illegal?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toastyr
Huge difference.

Once you and all the other misinformed folks figure out the truth, it'll all be better. We are, after all, referring to one of the most therapeutically safe substances on this planet. If you remove the dangers of prohibition, it is safer than water, sugar, children's Tylenol etc.........

So you think the law is stupid, I do too, but does that mean you can just ignore it? Do you have that luxury to ignore all laws you happen to disagree with?

I got a lot of negative posts on my first one so it seems that most of you feel...

1. That it is ok for a TEEN to use drugs or even pot...
2. It is ok to ignore laws you disagree with and if you get busted anyways it is the systems fault not yours...
3. If you drink a quart of water or smoke 5 joints then drive you are better off with the joints...lol
4. That none of you think pot has a lasting impairment since it takes a long time to finally leave your system even after the high is gone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join