It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my 4 year old tells me he sees things in the dark

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Maybe it was something he was taught at school? There are "ghosts ants" which are actually transparent. They turn the color of their food, and one science experiment is to feed them glowing food

todayilearned.co.uk...
edit on 7-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
my 4 years old is talking about monsters at night...i am pretty sure it has to do with stuff he has seen on tv that he perhaps should not have....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WinterLeaf

Doesnt sound like something a kid would have

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater

Glow ants is a description, as you know he is describing a visual disturbance to you. The symptoms remind me acephalgic migraine (silent or ocular migraine) which is now known to be caused by a cortical spreading depression (nothing serious). Colored spots/shapes are rare, it has been scribed by those who have acephalgic migraines.

Silent Migraine

Acephalgic migraine or childhood occipital seizures?

Occipital seizures triggers often occur after turning off lights, or going from lighted areas to dark ones, or from dark areas to light ones. Occurs between 15 months and 17 years. Often occurs soon after the child falls asleep.

Below depicts 4 children who have used artwork to describe what they see (the info on this can be found in above link).

Encourage your child to draw a picture of what he sees, may give you some further insight. Find out if they move like ants etc. Perhaps use video recordings overnight to observe your son or sit with your son once he gets into bed, falls asleep and observe. If he see's these ants when you are present, observe any unusual characteristics and document them.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

There is something going on at that age. My son use to get what the doctor called "night terrors" at that age.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Hope the little guy checks out ok Violater.

And after a quick google search, I think I
might want to see some phosphenes too.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
i remember when my middle son was about 15 months old he would walk around with money saying "dosh dosh". We then found out its a very old saying for money. He also had a friend "johny" he was devestated when johny left.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yep I'd have to say 'floater's as well, the one I see occasionally seem to either look like strands of DNA or they can be super bright dots that flow past your vision, try to focus on them or follow them with your line of sight and they disappear or simply move faster than your eyes can keep up with.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

i'm with you... it is not an active imagination... there is some sort of stimulation taking place on the youngsters retina/rods-&-cones referencing the glow-ants

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Hope the little guy checks out ok Violater.

And after a quick google search, I think I
might want to see some phosphenes too.

There you go .... just for you

edit on 7-8-2014 by lonewolf2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
www.oubliette.org.uk...

It is instructive for an adult to ask an articulate child what is seen when they close their eyes at bedtime. Children have an ability, which diminishes with adolescence, to evoke phosphenes quite easily. Phosphenes may indeed be an important part of the child's real environment, since he/she may not readily distinguish this internal phenomenon from those of the external world (Oster 1970:83). The developmental significance of phosphenes is suggested by a study, conducted by Rhoda Kellogg at the Golden Gate Nursery School in San Francisco, of some 300,000 scribblings made by young children of different ethnic origins. Children between the ages of two and four, capable of manipulating a pencil but not of making naturalistic pictures, draw figures that have a distinct phosphene character (Kellogg R. 1965:1129-1130). Oster (1970:83) points out that this type of study may be of some interest to art historians, they might consider the possible effects of phosphenes as an 'intrinsic' source of inspiration for people of many different societies when they are speculating on relations and cross influences among primitive cultures. To date it seems that archaeologists, anthropologists and art historians have merely touched on this or used it in only a small and specific area of study, not utilising its universal potential (Oster 1970:83).

While there may be a scientific explanation for this, it does not rule out the fact that there are "gifted" children that can see and communicate with spirits, orbs, etc.
If your child is telling you he has an invisible playmate... you may want to get a medium to come in and investigate.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your's and your daughter's experience OP,i am of the belief that children are more in contact with the source and have more ESP generally speaking and i would say that there is indeed unique individuals such as your daughter out there.

I love the way a few people come on to this thread and try and debunk your daughters potential ability,that does make me chuckle.This is a real thing there is no debating needed.

My daughter is a red head around a year old and i'm aware red heads have more psychic ability (apparently,as the studies/tests indicate) isn't it curious how the witch hunts of old, were no doubt aimed at actually 'thinning' the population of people who had extreme psychic abilities (a significant amount of red heads fell victim to this 'cleansing' -unfortunately)...incidently i recommend doing a search on google titled the origins of red hair/Anunnaki,it is quite captivating reading!

Like others say, it would be interesting to see if you can get your daughter to draw a picture,like it has also been suggested,she may well be able to see through this matrix of reality..interesting concept there..

One area that i haven't heard mentioned in this thread, is the effect fluoride has on people and its contribution to calcifying the pineal gland,the 'seat of the soul' as many call it.This i assume would build up over years? so in addition with all the previously mentioned reasons (suggested by other members) that suppress our abilities,we likely have an answer.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I see the same thing all the time. I grew on a reservation in central California and was very active in all the spiritual ceremonies of the tribe. I was close with the main spiritual leader of the tribe. He explained it was a mix of the energy that surrounds all things and spirits.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Takes me back, my daughter who is now 24 would talk about the kids in the trees. These trees were across the street and at the end of a lot. She would talk to them sitting at the window, gave in detail what they were wearing and told me they could not cross the street. This went on from age 3-5.
When she was 1 1/2 we were sitting at my aunts waiting while they ran some where. She was playing in "the play room" which also happened to be a room where my cousins would do hair and make up. This room was the size of two rooms. My daughter started screaming and crying (something she never did) thinking she was hurt I ran in from the adjoining room) she was standing there looking a bit shocked and scared. I asked what, what happened. She replied "smack, man smack me" she kept looking around. Freaked me out because, we were the only two people there. As I went to pick her up I noticed she was holding her cheek, pulling her hand away I noticed what looked like a hand print. After that she wouldn't go back in that room, Didn't matter who was in there playing. Before she could walk she would reach for someone, someone who wasn't there. I would reach to pick her up and she would scoot her body around and continue to reach.

Afterward, same place I raised my daughter my 3 & 4 yr old grandkids are being raised and they have talked to things we can't see. They are scared of something as well. They will NOT for any reason go ten feet near the hallway when it's dark. My four yr. Granddaughter says she sees something in the hallway or near it. I first thought she was playing but she is really scared. It has happened about four times within the past two weeks. We know something is here and it likes my daughter's old room and my room. (Which happen to be down the hallway. I would not be surprised if your child is really seeing something. I would figure out if light is the cause (same effect as rubbing your eyes might cause) I guess what I mean is, try ruling things out. I They say never tell them they are not seeing it. I wish you luck.

Ps. The four year old granddaughter use to always say (at least once a day, while at home) "I want to go home!" We would tell her, "Honey, you are home" her reply was always "My real home!"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WinterLeaf

Thanks, I hope this isn't the case, but some of those pictures are what I imagined when was trying to explain it. Like colored static. I remember telling my parents I occasionally saw spot like this also. Kinda like faint colored blobs.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He doesn't get headaches yet.

LOL, when he says they are on me I try to eat them. He laughs and plays like hes trying to wipe them all over me. Acts completely normal.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know a lot about '___' & controlled trips, & this is what I most associate the constantly moving ants with. The main visual effect is seen in patterns & the constant vibration of all things. They've been pumping fluoride into the water for a long time (among who knows what else / air spraying) & these connections to Source, as BuddyMan so aptly put it, is forced out of us what an early age.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I also had some "ghost" experience as a child. But no one ever believed me. But you're story is pretty interesting , people have different powers and everyone is different.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Watching everyone with their dire medical diagnosis lol.

I saw these as a kid. Started like t.v. static, then colors, then images falling from the top of my vision to the bottom.

Kids are put to bed, but they dont sleep. We, as adults generally control the lights so they stare in the dark for long periids of time. Its the old prisoners light show, look that up.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Nevermind, I looked it up for you. Congrats your kid is normal.

prisoners cinema

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join