It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Police Officer: "If Obama Doesn’t Follow the Constitution, We Don’t Have To."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you haven't seen this as inevitable ever since we started allowing our highest officials to get away with crimes with little to no real repercussions ... then, I'm not sure

And you can say with a straight face that it has only been the obama admin that has done it?
The idea of high up officials disregarding the law is nothing new nor exclusive to barry.
This is not a sign of our descent of a nation, it is a sign that cops need to remember what service they provide.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hey, when an official's oath is to uphold the law, it is not their job to decide the constitutionality of the law so they can then determine whether or not to enforce that law.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yea, pretty unprofessional.

But what is the background to this story? What led up to it?

Background? What kind of background would make the officer's statement okay? That's like saying, "Sure, we have a video of the guy raping a 4-year-old boy, but I'm not passing judgement until I see what led up to it."

That kind of circumspection is warranted in some cases. Not this one.
edit on 6-8-2014 by 0rkoJoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And that is why I AVOID Jersey!
Well, that and it's New Jersey.

Eta: I'm sure this guy could probably find a job in law enforcement in Albuquerque, NM with no problem.
edit on 6-8-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rkoJoker

You haven't been paying to much attention to the entire thread have you?

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Should the cops not be obliged to follow the constitution.....the people find themselves obliged to follow it seriously to the letter.....If you don't know when its time to bring down the OLigarches then ill tell you.....
Rrrriiiight about NOW!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
And that is why I AVOID Jersey!

It's Joisey.

I don't see what the beef is. The guy said nothing at all about the Constitution. He said, "Con-sta-two-shun."

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This should be spread everywhere. Sent to Obama himself. He should be unable to look himself in the mirror. That goes for the entire US Gov congress included. They have brought this tyranny upon us.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Free for all!!!
What a mongrel. Obama kills people so i can too .......

Ted??

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You almost made beer come out my nose!

Took my first Jersey "shore" vacation about a month ago...took a shower, fairly high end place...broke out in hives so bad, I dared not go back in the water...what the Hell, man? And this is the water this state drinks and votes?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What a ridiculous statement. It is contrary to the doctrines of the US. If a president doesn't follow the Constitution then Congress can use their impeachment powers. We have a court system as well. And as a last-ditch effort the people can overthrow a tyrannical government, but in no way is it legal to just stop following the Constitution. Those who break the laws should be punished. If the laws are no good then try to change them. But this is a "I'm taking my ball and going home" type of attitude, like a three year old might have. Grow up guy.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
In the video below, a New Jersey police officer is on record as saying:

“Obama just decimated the freakin’ Constitution, so I don’t give a damn. If he doesn’t follow the Constitution, we don’t have to.”
Source ...

I think he has a point. If the guy at the top doesn't have to follow the constitution, then neither does anyone below him. That trickles on down past the federal level, to the cops on the beat, to the hard working, honest family man like me, down to the thugs on the street.

When our leadership disregards the rule of law and the legal standards that are supposed to govern our society, it becomes a free-for-all. That's where we're headed.

No, that's where we are.
edit on 6-8-2014 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
... If a president doesn't follow the Constitution then Congress can use their impeachment powers. We have a court system as well. And as a last-ditch effort the people can overthrow a tyrannical government, but in no way is it legal to just stop following the Constitution. ...

Nobody said it was legal, JiggyP.

As to the proposed solutions:

Is congress doing it's job? No, they are ignoring their constitutional responsibilities.
Is the judicial system doing it's job? No. They have, likewise, ignored the constitution and overstepped their boundaries.

As to the third step, the "last-ditch effort," that's pretty much outside of the bounds of the what the Constitution mandates or seeks to regulate. Once we get to that point, the Constitution is a moot point.

Nope, it ain't "legal," but it's what it comes down to.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Everyone tries to "beat the system" in one way or the other, usually in little ways all the time. The corruption creeps in over time and seems justified after awhile.

Now-a-days most people believe that "it's all about me" and try to lie or pass off the blame when they get caught, the game of "beat the system" is no longer a game at that point.

Corruption is so common place today, and at every level, that the guy who tries to play it straight gets the shaft every time it seems. Because the straight guy can't put a straight edge on a crooked world, it seems natural to wise up and be like the rest of the "wise guys" who know that the rules are for suckers.

So, why not break every rule you can get away with? Our leaders and officials are doing it, the rules are merely guide lines for them, to be observed only when it benefits, so why not you and me too?

Granted, with no money, political power or a dream team of lawyers, you are doomed to get ground up in the system. However, they are only concerned about making money off you. Just keep your cash safe somehow and pay them off with donations and kick backs, the rich and powerful are doing it, so can you. Then you'll be just like they are, you'll be one of them and glad you're no longer one of us.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The way the cop speaks sounds like he isn't very bright. New Jersey accent.

Also what is the context of the discussion? I mean what is the end-game of the statement by using this as a justification. . . for what?

What is he doing or going to do that's obviously questionable/immoral/illegal? Sounds like he was trying to say "I don't give a damn about your complaint because Obama." I'm guessing he's trying to dissuade someone from filing a complaint. Pretty low thing to do. I guess filing a complaint is something most cops try and prevent in one way or another. Like I said the cop isn't too bright.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I hope every ticket, arrest or even anything this man does is scrutinized to verify he is following the proper policies and procedures to keep both himself and the public safe.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As a follow up, he's in trouble for it…

Part-time Officer Richard Recine was called to the Helmetta town hall Monday because resident Steve Wronko was seen videotaping. Wronko insisted he had a constitutional right to make the recording.

On the tape, the officer says Obama has "decimated" the Constitution and "if he doesn't follow the Constitution, we don't have to."

Police Director Robert Manney tells the Courier News of Bridgewater he's spoken to the officer and the comments were an "embarrassment." Manney says the investigation should be completed swiftly. (Source)

edit on 7-8-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Aaaaaand he's gone.

Police Officer Recorded Criticizing Obama Resigns

HELMETTA, N.J. — A central New Jersey police officer who was videotaped making disparaging comments about President Barack Obama and the Constitution has resigned.

Part-time Officer Richard Recine was called to the Helmetta town hall Monday because resident Steve Wronko was seen videotaping inside. Wronko insisted he had a constitutional right to make the recording.

Dumb ass.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
a reply to: 0rkoJoker

Thank you both for bringing the latest news about this officer to light. He really doesn't deserve to wear the uniform any longer. He's retired. He should probably go somewhere and live in peace........ and quiet.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

He should probably go somewhere and live in peace…….. and quiet.

I'm guessing that he'll move to Sandpoint, Idaho, lol.

In actuality, I'm glad to see that renouncing the Constitution of the United States still has some ramifications, given the current administration's casual attachment to it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join