It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Been reading alot about Ooparts (out of place artifacts) lately, like apparently modern items inside rocks, and live animals too. Really strange inexplicable stuff. I dont know if theres much real intrest in it but i thought id start a thread and hear your thoughts if you care.
Does anyone know of a modern oopart find? say, less than 50 years ago?
Anything discovered been tested? Most stories were long ago and so details sketchy, so nothing really in the way of Proof as such.

With forsight i can see this thread possibley going on a tangent about the age of the earth and carbon dating, but thats ok, if you can provide links to scientific data about the stucture of coal seams and rock strata etc, then great, but please dont religious on me in the course of your post's.
What I really want is ANY scientific data relating to ooparts/how/if etc.

Look forward to your post. cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
hi instar me and mew the destroyer are quite happy with a lot of your posts they seem to be very interesting but hers my link

the bagdad batterie think how backward our technology was when people in bagdad already knew of technology

www.science-ebooks.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Out of place artifacts are always a fun topic. Like opening up your hymn book in church and a doobie falls out. I also have read the stories about live critters being encased in solid rock until some miner or quarryman lets them out with a blow from their mighty hammer. "John Henry what did you bring home this time?" "It's just a prehistoric Pteranadon Ma!" I am with you on wanting to see something more modern. Why is it do you suppose that the stories happened a long time ago?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks Klain and Mew , Good link too, thats the stuff to get you thinking!

We must be more clever than we thought, nessesity is the mother of invention they say.

heres a link or two for Reverie who was hoping for pics, Enjoy.

www.morien-institute.org...
byerly.org...
a link to related links....
www.earth-house.com...
paranormal.about.com...
www.bluemoonnews.net...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I remember a story where what appeared to be solid sand was rendered liquid like quicksand by an earth tremor. This MIGHT explain how something could be encased in rock, but how could something living survive without food or air? I could easily believe that inanimate objects from previous times have been preserved in coal and rock. I have no problem believing that we have achieved technological supremacy in the very distant past only to have the slate wiped clean by a natural catastrophe. Then there are the time travelers who leave their belongings around while running away from dinosaurs and such.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I always found it an interesting subject and one that I feel is sadly neglected. The way I see it there are far to many important people making money out of their theories around that can't afford for them to be de-bunked.

It's human nature if your lifestyle is under threat to protect it, and what better way for a archeologist with a 'standard accepted theory' to do this than ignore [or worse] anything remotley 'oopart' that crops up.
I have a feeling that if a group of independant scienteists [if there is such a thing!] scoured the worlds museams and archives they would find massive loads of ooparts just waiting to be discovered.

There's got to be some interesting things in the vatican vaults for a start! And what about the massive loads of boxes that the british museam have that have never been opened that I've read about?
Makes you wonder eh?

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have a vague theory for frogs and toads alledgedly found alive inside wood.
Wood: A frog or toad finds its way into a hollow in a tree where a branch has broken off below the surface of the trunk. The tree has grown a new branch which has partially obscured the hole when the frog/toad enters.
The frog/toad has entered during the last days of Autumn (fall) so its getting cold. It goes into winter dormacy and remains in the hole and during the fllowing mnths of winter the tree continues growing its branch, thus sealing the hole.
At this point there may still remain small holes or gaps allowing air exchange and moisture inside the hole. Before the end of winter the frog/toad awakes and finds itself trapped, having no food it naturally returns to a state of dormacy.
(the idea)
There is a species of frog which lives in cool climate (not sure where, you could google it) When winter approaches it goes into dormacy, generating chemicals that it allow it to be frozen solid, protecting only the vitals, heart etc , its actually frozen, yet its cells dont rupture. As the weather warms, the frog thaws out and its organs speed up the metabolism and it hops away! Amazing!
www.carleton.ca...

So my idea is that our trapped frog having returned to dormacy, eventually goes deeper and deeper by some similar process that allows indefinate preservation of tissues. perhaps it has moisture seeping into its hole containing nutrients leached from the bark etc allowing it minimal nourishment, absorbed by the skin , perhaps some other unknown allows for oxygen exchange from the water seeping into into its hole, also absorbed by the skin?
So eventually, the tree is cut, the wood split and our frog, exposed to the air. The change in temperature or extra oxygen levels outside its woody tomb, trigger a reverse of the process and after a while our frog begins to move again.

Truth is often stranger than fiction. As for rocks, perhaps its clay thats become petrified or petrified wood, same scenario?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I have a vague theory for frogs and toads alledgedly found alive inside wood.

could they of just been hybernating at the time? and some how pertified i dont know the pertrification process that well

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Most turn out to have rather mundane explainations... I remember one of the most infamous finds ending up as an old spark plug from a tractor found in rock it shouldn't have been in...turns out in most cases, it's just due to an imperfect understanding of geological processes...

new topics

top topics

join