It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence, At Gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Are you going to Belladrum Tartan Heart festival? www.tartanheartfestival.co.uk...

Take your flak jacket and steel helmet. www.scotsman.com...

A night out in Scotland could see you running into armed constables. www.bbc.co.uk...

Routinely armed police can overreact dramatically.

Mick North isn't impressed. www.scotsman.com...

A 2006 survey of 47,328 Police Federation members found 82% did not want officers to be routinely armed on duty.

What do you think?
edit on 6 8 2014 by Kester because: spacing

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Scotland the brave,
Got the English running scared.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: majestic3

Odd thing to say. It's their nights out that are now affected.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The eyes of the World is on Scotland this year...perfect opportunity for terrorist to get some World wide publicity. i dont have a problem with Armed Cops. if they start acting like the US's Cops then we will have a problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's a bit strange having officers wandering around with pistols/revolvers in a remote part of Scotland. This just informs criminals that they need to wear body armor.

What use are such weapons against someone planting explosive devices or with a rucksack?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Is a scuffle outside Mcdonalds in Inverness the right place for three Glocks to show up? My knowledge of Inverness police is they need nothing more than a hard glare. If you look at my threads you'll see I'm asking for more armed nuclear police. Right place, right time.

A well informed Skythian tells me Scotland has far more power on the world stage than is usually acknowledged. The continuation of the bloodlines is behind many Scottish aristocratic marriages. Powerful people have intentions, Scotland is their chosen home in the coming crisis. Unless you are one of these you may well have problems with Glock carriers wearing the costume of Scottish police. Many times military and spooks hide behind the costume of the constable.

Terrorists aren't going to be outside Mcdonalds or at a commercial pop festival. They'll be looking for the vulnerable parts of the oil infrastructure. The sloppy construction of the Ninian Central would make it an ideal target if it wasn't so difficult to access. Can't see a Glock or three making a difference there.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It's a bit strange having officers wandering around with pistols/revolvers in a remote part of Scotland.

It is strange. There's something sinister behind it. Where is the justification?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Is a scuffle outside Mcdonalds in Inverness the right place for three Glocks to show up? My knowledge of Inverness police is they need nothing more than a hard glare. If you look at my threads you'll see I'm asking for more armed nuclear police. Right place, right time.

A well informed Skythian tells me Scotland has far more power on the world stage than is usually acknowledged. The continuation of the bloodlines is behind many Scottish aristocratic marriages. Powerful people have intentions, Scotland is their chosen home in the coming crisis. Unless you are one of these you may well have problems with Glock carriers wearing the costume of Scottish police. Many times military and spooks hide behind the costume of the constable.

Terrorists aren't going to be outside Mcdonalds or at a commercial pop festival. They'll be looking for the vulnerable parts of the oil infrastructure. The sloppy construction of the Ninian Central would make it an ideal target if it wasn't so difficult to access. Can't see a Glock or three making a difference there.

A Skythian told you these things? Interesting, I would be genuinely interested to meet a real live Scythian. You certainly have a cryptic way of saying things. Do you take drugs by any chance? (just kidding man lol).

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From what i've heard its more that they're trying to get more use out of the firearm cops than just sitting in a van and driving from place to place waiting for something to happen and now there is a unified scottish police force its not surprising they're trying to put them into positions where if someone goes a bit nuts they can be called up but also the tax payer gets better value for money than probably paying 40k a year for some guy to sit in a car waiting when they can be doing basic policing but ready to rumble if needed

Theres only 400 or so of them in the entire of Scotland so its not like they'll be on every incident, when our shop got robbed the officer who turned up was a K9 officer with a hell hound sized Alsatian in tow (lovely thing but i'd hate to see it when attack commanded) and the rules for pulling a gun are very strict and never mind the rules/paperwork for actually firing a weapon

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

It is also the ancestral home of all those funky scottish rite freemason dudes.

We are a popular lot we scots...outside of England of course.

That glock stuff is just silly scaremongering...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
those funky scottish rite freemason dudes.

Nail on head.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruithneach

pm me and I'll take you right to him.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I think I need a certain number of posts to send PMs. When I reach that number, I will go with you to the Skythian.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

It's the wearing of the gun that's new. We've had cops with guns in their cars for a long time. I'm happy with that. As you say, the paperwork, and the possible long term repercussions. From time to time our armed police threaten to go on strike when one or more of them are threatened with prosecution for shooting dangerous criminals. It's usually sorted out with a bit of discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The argument I have heard - with regards armed officers in the Highlands (this doesn't really apply elsewhere) - is that if an incident requiring an armed response occurs, then it can take some considerable time for an officer to return to HQ to sign out a weapon. If he has it on him at all times, then it can go direct to the incident.

The majority of officers throughout Britain are not qualified to use guns and obviously will not be carrying them.

Personally I think the batman utlity belts are bad enough ...... no wonder folk see the police as a threat rather than a friendly face there to help and offer assistance when, even unarmed, they look like robocop!

Bring back Dixon of Dock Green

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you search twitter for #clairridge you will find out that the biggest oil field in the world has been found just off the north of Scotland. All of the UK msm are keeping quiet about it because they know if the Scots find out about it they will vote for independence. Instead Westminster is churning out propaganda and fear trying to scare Scots to stay in the UK. Westminster is now backpedaling on previous statements about additional powers for Scotland and now saying there will be additional powers but not able to tell us what they are.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

There is not a single reason for Scotland to remain in the UK and yet the polls indicate that that is exactly what is going to happen. The people are being hoodwinked.

My fear is that if that happens there could be a whole heap of trouble especially when the average Scot finds out he has been lied to again. We might have to get used to more guns on our streets to quell the riots that could ensue.
edit on 6-8-2014 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

It's the open carry that's new. Guns in cars have been around for a long time. We used to own an ex undercover police vehicle that had a hidden compartment between the seats.

In Gloucestershire our constables must be "...smart and their uniforms distinctly civilian in appearance". Two of them walked past my workplace today. They looked reassuring and approachable. Fight for what's right.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm suprised the US or isreal isn't to blame... No no, just those evil ole English this time

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Looking through the comments under the various stories on this it seems likely the oil here has been known about for decades. It's just the extraction methods that have evolved making it viable. 'Leaking' the news at this time seems like a ploy.

It stinks, I agree. The lies are many and convoluted.

I don't have a fraction of the knowledge needed to form an opinion on which way the vote should go. My most educated informant says YES.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Not evil, just useless at football. But we know how to laugh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join