It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator of Experimental Ebola "Treatment" Once Joked About Culling Humanity with Engineered Virus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArdenWolf

If anything we all need to learn to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

So like take a chill, and laugh for a change.

You know it might be funny if there wasn't a precedent for one race trying to cull out another.

How soon we forget.....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

REALLY smart peeps, like this guy, have those big brains that allow them to do this type of work. In my experience, I've found people who are super-smart are usually lacking (sometimes seriously lacking) in other areas. Some are socially awkward, some suffer from mental illness, etc.

With that said, I believe he thought he made a funny to a room full of like minded folks. I doubt he ever thought he would be in the news for it and never thought he would have to worry about the (tasteless) "joke" he made in a Q&A sesh, however long ago. He probably has since learned to pause, and use that big brain to think, before he speaks.

I bet he will be more mindful if he decides to try and make another funny in the future though. I hope so anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

People joke about the things they know such things are not new or reserved for certain fields. I find it odd the criticism for the joke yet no one is criticizing the movies for coming up with such schemes. You know who I would never let in a lab...writers or directors they are the sick ones.

I would be far more concerned about someone in such a field that couldn't joke even if it is a sick joke. The guy with no sense oh humor is always the scary one IMO. You know if someone was serious about doing something like that I doubt they would crack a joke about it at least not until they already loosed it upon the world in which case your screwed.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ArdenWolf

If anything we all need to learn to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

So like take a chill, and laugh for a change.

You know it might be funny if there wasn't a precedent for one race trying to cull out another.

How soon we forget.....

www.youtube.com...

"What's the difference between a Jew and a pizza...?"

There's a precedent for all kinds of dark and terrible crap.

It's when we stop joking about it that we know the chinchilla's flung their poo, and when we start joking about it again that we know it's all good.

Besides, this was joked about in the past not currently, and joke or not, he was right, if you want to cull the human populace, a better virus is a way to do it.

He was not asked, what's the best but still morally acceptable way to control the human population. He answered the question, referencing a movie as an example.

He did not say he thought it was good idea, or that it's something he wanted to do, only that it was the most effective.

Unless you think he shoulda just lied, or only said morally acceptable answers.

If you ask a scientist a question, expect an honest answer, whether morally acceptable or not.

If you asked someone, "What's the best way to murder somebody and get away with it?" and they give you an answer, does it mean they condone murder?
edit on 5-8-2014 by ArdenWolf because: answer a question, an answer what?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
well isn't that some utterly disturbing information... would be nice if this guy got called out in front of MSM, though the chance of that happening is probably smaller than the chance that this guy got funded by the Rockefeller foundation out of moral intention...

And the idea of them GMO'n some bananas to have vaccines or who knows what else in them sends chills down my spine...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Keynote speakers often joke. It relaxes them and the audience. This was just a joke. Nothing to get so worked up over. I'll bet this guy is a powerhouse in the lab. I'll bet he takes his job very seriously. I'm sure when the situation calls for it he's very professional. a reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
And many are well rounded well adjusted members of society. There are people who are lackluster in every segment of society. Just because someone is a genius doesn't mean they're anti social . And this guy demonstrated that he has a sense of humor. Something that seems lacking in this thread.

. a reply to: lovebeck

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdwT

Well said! That is exactly what I thought when I saw this. Then step 2 would be to thin out crowded areas of the US, etc. by sending average ppl there as work force.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's appears to me that you do think it's a big deal. It seems you want to lower the moral hammer on this guy. Just my interpretation on what you've posted on the subject. a reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
No ones forgetting that. Still there needs to be room for laughter in life. Especially when things get rough. Laughter is the best medicine after all. a reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All excellent points.
Thanks. a reply to: ArdenWolf

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Gallows Humor, get more friends in the medical field and you will run into it a lot.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My child gets in trouble daily for jokes like this. It cracks me up... sometimes he just repeats verbatim something I have said that he didn't fully understand.

With that in mind, not everyone has the same boundaries and therefore it follows that not everyone has the same sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Well, most liberals/progressives etc believe there is an overpopulation problem in the world.

Whereas, the truth is the world is in the middle of a depopulation boom.

And conservatives believe we have an immigration problem because there are already too many people in the US?

Africa is rife with minerals, gems, and rich farmland that the rest of the world sees going to waste with tribal warfare, slavery, a lack of regard for any human life, and morals that have left many countries with an average population age of 15 due to the spread of AIDS.

I wouldn't put it past TPTB to try and purposely wipe out 50-90% of the population of Africa to get at the minerals and gems and to finally put the farmland into the hands of people who know how to make the continent bloom.

If you were among the TPTB, I certainly wouldn't put it past you given your own words. Sounds like you're a big supporter of ethnic cleansing to steal the property of others.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Engineers too. My brother in law a retired engineer with G.E. Plastics and a member of the team that brought the world Plexiglas seems at first blush to have the sense of humor of an ameoba. But get to know him and not only is he funny but really has a sophisticated sense of humor. b reply to: Elton

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I find it funny that some people can make the words liberal and progressive sound like dirty words. e reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

My sister is a doctor and her sense of humor has changed a bit over the years... (She really cares about her patients but I believe it's a bit of a self defense mechanism).

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I t did not sound to me as though he was joking! There are plans for depopulation without doubt and i would wager this Muppet is right in the middle of it.
edit on 6-8-2014 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

"Laughter is the best medicine, after all..."

So when the raging man-made (or worse, nature refined) plague comes to a venue near me, I'll get some rom-coms to inoculate myself... thank you for that.

Washing one's hands and covering one's coughs are such a bother. A care-free attitude and a quip? Much better.

Actually, I've invested in a hand cart, shovel and bell ... and plan to use my funerary profits to invest in cheap real estate.

Hmmm... but then who would laugh at my bad jokes, or get me to chuckle when the next one came around... and who could I pay to degrade themselves?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

"Well, most liberals/progressives etc believe there is an overpopulation problem in the world."

Well... not exactly... though some liberal/progressive/intellectual/literate folks have been known to believe there might be an over population of literal minded, selfish, scared, psychologically-obvious, shallow wankers prone to jingoism, all the other "isms" and group think... and that depresses the heck out of the lib-prog-letuals and makes them despair for the future of human kind, but it's not exactly a belief in an "overpopulation problem."

To clarify.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join