It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marianne Faithfull claims her ex-boyfriend killed The Doors' Jim Morrison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

In a new interview with MOJO, the singer has said that her former lover, heroin dealer Jean de Breteuil, was behind the frontman's death, though she says it was 'accidental.

Faithfull recalls travelling to Paris with de Breteuil, but staying at their hotel while he went to visit Morrison at his apartment. "I could intuitively feel trouble," said Faithfull. "I thought, I'll take a few Tuinal [barbiturates] and I won't be there. And he went to see Jim Morrison and killed him. I mean I'm sure it was an accident. Poor bastard. The smack was too strong? Yeah. And he died. And I didn't know anything about this. Anyway, everybody connected to the death of this poor guy is dead now. Except me."

Marianne Faithfull claims her ex-boyfriend killed The Doors' Jim Morrison

This is very interesting, there have been many theories regarding Morrison's death over the years but this is a new one for me. I guess it's very possible this is the way it happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wasn't one of here ex-boyfriends Mick Jagger ?. Wouldn't that be a scoop.
She kind of went off the rails after her relationship with Mick.

edit on 5-8-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Did she report this at the time ? i'm assuming not. That means she was witholding vital evidence at the time.
She should be arrested immediately !!

+58 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the prevailing theory is that he died of an overdose. What Marianne Faithful is saying is that her boyfriend supplied the heroin and that he didn't mean for it to kill Jim. She's not implying that he accidentally killed him in some other manner.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
the prevailing theory is that he died of an overdose. What Marianne Faithful is saying is that her boyfriend supplied the heroin and that he didn't mean for it to kill Jim. She's not implying that he accidentally killed him in some other manner.

That's how i read it also. However, I'd be curious to follow up on her last statement about everyone connected to his death now dead themselves. Her take and/or view on the curious comment.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

nothing more than we're all gone now. time has passed etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur

nothing more than we're all gone now. time has passed etc.

That'd be my guess too, but I'd ask her just the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

she was involved with so many iconic people back then, I'm sure there'd be tons of things to ask her.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Certainly sounds plausible. However coming out with this now just because she’s promoting her new album and world tour is despicable imo.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradisepurple
Certainly sounds plausible. However coming out with this now just because she’s promoting her new album and world tour is despicable imo.

I agree. It's most likely to generate buzz so she can make some $$$$$. Otherwise, her conscience would've forced her to tell this loooong ago. Either way, the world lost an incredible singer/song writer that day. What a waste.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

It's definitely not going to make me want to buy her album just because she used to shag the heroin dealer that killed Jim.

Terrible taste in men, that bird has. It's the drugs and the fame. She was cute when she was young, but didn't/doesn't have much talent. She was kind of monotone when she was young, now she sings like Gozer The Gozerian.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

I would have thought knowing about a murder and not reporting it to be a crime in itself or an accessory to such? Especially so when the perpetrator is you heroin dealing partner.

edit on 5-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oea reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, she described the guy going to meet Jim and that she "sensed trouble", then says "I knew nothing about it."
Hmmmm...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

"sensed trouble"

That kind of implies some kind of preemptive knowledge of the situation.

I mean if she did indeed sense trouble i imagine from the boyfriend dealer could that not be considered premeditated?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm thinking this warrants further investigation. Who knows what she meant by that, but she needs to come out and tell it even if everyone involved is already dead.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Certainly seems cause for a question of two being asked regarding what she actually knows transpired.

I don't think there is any statute of limitations regarding murder in France so said questions could quite possibly come from the Paris Police.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

I lived in Miami in the mid-1970's, and there were stories running rampant about Jim sitting at parties, naked in a corner flipped out on acid talking to tons of teenage (mostly underage) girls.

My crowd was the musician set, and I associated with Mitch Mitchell, Mike Pinera of Cactus, and a bunch of others around S. Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Miami Beach.

The tales of Morrison at parties came from many different people, and different places, but all the same: tripped out on '___', naked in a corner surrounded by teenage girls spouting poetry in wild sentences...

True or not? Who knows? But, kind poetic in itself anyway, you know? Just like Jim himself....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There is no mystery here! Let the monkeys run amok and the wild prince nurse his cloven hoof! If no one sees through this mesh of lies...f course they do...move on(e)
edit on 5-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Actually, this is rather old news. This theory/material was covered in the excellent Jim Morrison biography:Jim Morrison, Life, Death Legend by Stephen Davis which came out in 2004. Jean de Bretuil was a drifting heroin dealer, heavily connected and came from aristocratic like backgrounds and had been having an yearlong affair with Pamela(Jim's longtime girl) and providing her heroin as well. The research I've seen points to him having a hand in Janis Joplins' heroin overdose as well. Pamela(Jim's girl)immediately called Jean de Bretuil after discovering Jim had died , he then quickly skipped town. He died a few short years later. It's a sordid tale, and quite a deep rabbit hole to be honest.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: waverlyhills

This guy sounds like a Smack dealing serial killer. Maybe he got a bigger kick out of that than the drug itself!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join