It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Birdies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Every winter I put out plenty of food for the wildbirds passing by my neighborhood. There has always been plenty of birds of different species, origin and size around here in the winter time, last year there were so many of them I had to put out more birdfood than usual, but this year..I haven`t seen one single bird in my neighborhood, the birdfood I have put out is untouched, it worries me..what is going on if they choose not come here anymore? Have we screwed up this planet so badly that birds choose to take different flight patterns nowadays?
Im still waiting for the birdies but I don�t think they will show up this year

Cheers:
Cactus

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Where are you at?

Now that you mention it, I am in the Kansas city area and all we have had is crows. We always have birds migrating over us. I might have seen one or two flocks this year but that is all. Glad you pointed it out.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe the birds looking for a warmer place..Its eventually getting colder in your region, than other years before!(?) tell us!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You know I noticed the same thing this past summer. We used to have a ton of Blue Jays and other types of birds. Latley all we seem to have is Robins and Crows. I believe it is their food source that has been depleted and is not recovering so well so these birds have just moved on. Come to think of it, we used to have a good population of frogs and turtles around here and I haven't seen one in years as well. I think we might just be causing a little to much damage here and eventually it's going to "bite" us.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We are still in the midst of the migration of a number of species. The birds you see largely depends on your latitude at this time of year.

Cactus, where are you at?

Have you been feeding the birds regularly, or do you just start when it gets cold out? If so, the birds may have bypassed your place because there was no reliable food source.

Where I am at, (northeast Illinois) there has been a large flock of European Starlings hanging around my neighborhood. They have driven off most of the native birds that are usually in the area.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have also noticed that geese or ducks have been migrating over New York City.

Which rarely happens. I think It's because they all changed flightpaths.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Or it�s because a weather front has pushed through lately. What direction has the wind been blowing lately?

Birds, even geese and ducks, don�t want to get blown out over the Atlantic, so they tend to concentrate along the coast in their migrations. If the wind is blowing the wrong way, (or the right way, depending on your point of view
) they will fly over the city instead of around it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
COme to think of it .. usually my house has a ton of humming birds due to all of my plants, and all year I haven't seen any. Which is normal at this time of year .. but this past summer there wasn't any.

*Zerinity*

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I've got the normal amount of birds in my area. Everytime I open my sliding door they go nuts from the hedges and the edge of the balcony. Not to mention the copious amounts of bird crap present on the balcony to serve as an indication of their presence

new topics

top topics

join