It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Alcohol not banned???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
alcohol kill hundred thousand every year (10k for accidents, liver cirrosis, you name it)

imagine number one cause of death in native am women in their forties is alcohol.

Alcohol can not be found in nature . it immediatly convert to vinegar, alcohol stays in any chemical reaction in nature for a split of a second.

edit on 5-8-2014 by adnanmuf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: adnanmuf

Well drugs are not illegal in all countries in the world. I think that if they actually made for example marijuana legal , the government would make amazing money on it like ciggarets. I was never sure why they would do that. Good question though.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
while i feel passionately that alcohol should not be forced under our noses, and is responsible for sooo many problems in society, including contributing to rape, murder, accidents etc .. and cannabis, not so much ... i feel that unfortunately, due to the 't&c' of ATS .. this thread will probably disappear momentarilyand you will have to find some other place to discuss this, that really denies ignorance

so .. 'hi mum' ..

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Alcohol can not be found in nature . it immediatly convert to vinegar, alcohol stays in any chemical reaction in nature for a split of a second.

Source?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
All to do with tax.

Nature has it's drunks.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

also 3.8% shrews

edit on 5-8-2014 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Prohibition and Alcohol trade via organized crime was more dangerous than Alcohol abusers and drunks.

Lesser of two evils (legalized) is what we have today
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
actually they DID ban alcohol at one point, it was called prohibition.

much like the war on drugs, it did not actually stop people from drinking. also like the war on drugs in the end all it did was put more money into the hands of criminal organizations like the mob (today we just call them gangs or cartels), who fought to gain and control territory, which just like today was just not about the illegal substance but most criminal activity. smuggling of alcohol was rampant. in fact i think if you take a good look you will see that the war on alcohol (prohibition), and the war on drugs have more similarities than differences. really makes you think, why they gave up on one, yet have spent billions to keep fighting the other?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
All to do with tax.

That is gold!

It is also a great reply to the OP, one of the best available

P

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

They tried to ban it.. it was called prohibition.. Made many crime families very rich and got many people killed with all the violence it caused. Hummm sound familiar with the prohibition of other things people think they can't live without.

There used to be a guy who sold Cigarettes by the carton for $18 when the stores were charging $45+ and he even did home deliveries in his Cadillac Escapade .. No doubt he was being supplied by some Mexican cartel but the price was right and he had plenty of customers .. I met him at a small Mexican restaurant with some golfing friends who used his services.. Very nice man to speak with...

Where there is a desire there are usually those who will figure out how to fill a need if there is something in it for them..

Laws only mean something to law abiding citizens or finally those who are caught doing something declared illegal and have to face the justice system...

His cigarettes did not have a tax stamp... But the guys who bought from him said they could not tell any difference between his and those bought at a fully certified box store....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
By the time Prohibition ended in 1933, the federal poisoning program, by some estimates, had killed at least 10,000 people.

TPTB love us wrecking our liver and lives, it will never get banned.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Shouldn't you be wanting to ban tobacco instead? Why pick the 3rd lifestyle cause of death.

People not exercising kills more people than drinking booze.

But if we were to ban alcohol, would we also ban the means to make it? Some sugar and yeast will produce alcohol.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i suggest you watch
the true history of marijuana
that will tell you all you need to know
ill see if i can find a link

as to why booze is not banned
the answer is simply money AS IN TAXES

edit on 5/8/2014 by maryhinge because: last two lines

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Alcohol is a little harder to make yourself, were as anyone with a little green thumb could hypothetically grow a lil' cannabis. And although I'm too familiar with the practices, I would personally find it easier to produce and more profitable growing some coco plants and poppies then a little distillery . Governments make more money with it being illegal the legal. Here in Kelowna BC (ogopogo) if they were to legalize marijuana alone the economy would go sideways.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The problem is if you ban all the things that kill stupid people, then the stupid people will breed even more than they are now and do things like become politicians.-said by someone fifty years ago....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: antisocial86
Alcohol is a little harder to make yourself, were as anyone with a little green thumb could hypothetically grow a lil' cannabis.

I dunno about that. You can make alcohol in prison, can't see you getting away with growing cannabis plants in the slammer.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Alcohol is something that is easily made so regulating it would seem the best option. It's one of those things that would always pop it's head up regardless..

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Your body makes small amounts of alcohol after a meal. It's everywhere.

I worked with a guy who ate a large piece of apple pie, with a carton of milk while on his break. When he went off to lunch he couldn't start his car because he had an ignition inter lock on it and it registered him as having alcohol in his system!

As for banning it. It's pretty impossible, people can easily brew it, still it, ferment things and get it. It's way easier to obtain than any other substance. Unfortunately, it's also the most widely abused, even more so than cigarettes.
But blaming societies problems on a substance isn't the problem, it's like blaming fast food for obesity. People just make poor choices, or are uneducated on it.
How many people know that alcohol is the only substance we can die from withdraws?
How many people know that alcohol deprives the body of essential nutrients?
How many people know that a headache hangover is your spinal fluid being nearly dried out?
Or that your liver can overheat and shut down if you drink to much to fast.
How many people know that binge drinking every weekend is technically being an alcoholic?
How many people know the REAL deal with what happens when you get caught over .08?

I am sure if people knew the real story behind ingesting this poison they wouldn't drink as much, unless of course you become addicted. But there will always be that small minority.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf

Alcohol can not be found in nature .

you need to do more research.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

my brother in law would take fermented apples or corn mash(sour mash) out in a field in Texas and get the wild hogs so drunk that him and his buddy's could go out a catch them by hand to fatten up before making hams and BBQ out of them.
edit on 5-8-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf

alcohol kill hundred thousand every year (10k for accidents, liver cirrosis, you name it)

imagine number one cause of death in native am women in their forties is alcohol.

O really?

Astronomers find alcohol cloud spanning 288 billion miles

Astronomers based at Jodrell Bank Observatory have discovered a giant bridge of methyl alcohol, spanning approximately 288 billion miles, wrapped around a stellar nursery.

You should try telling that to the giant clouds of alcohol floating around in space.

As for the rest of your post, I give you this article:
Why Prohibition Failed

Prohibition did not end drinking in America; it merely intensified drinking by driving it underground. The speakeasy replaced the saloon and the nightclub replaced the cabaret. A profitable and violent black market for alcohol was created, much like the black market that has been created for illegal drugs today. Local gangs became the crime syndicates that flourished through most of the 20th century.

A new group of lawbreakers who had otherwise been upstanding citizens emerged. Many openly violated the law, if only to be rebellious. As a result, crime in the U.S. reached unprecedented levels. Moreover, Prohibition cost millions of taxpayer dollars to enforce at the same time that many state and local governments lost vital tax revenue previously collected from alcohol sales.

When Prohibition was repealed, many of the small breweries and distilleries were long gone. Only the distillers that had capital to convert their operations to non-alcohol products during Prohibition remained. Thus big breweries such as Budweiser, Coors, and Miller flourished after 1933, and they have flourished ever since. Only recently have microbreweries made a comeback, thanks to President Jimmy Carter’s deregulation of the brewing industry in the 1970s.

Prohibition had been concocted by Progressives and other reformers in an effort to socially engineer private lives. This became a prime example of the harm caused when politicians attempt to legislate personal morality in a country founded on limited government and individual liberty.

Same crap is happening with the war on drugs. It's just intensified now because the war on drugs has lasted A LOT longer than prohibition did.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Because alcohol is the drug of choice for those who write the laws.

Once again, without a shadow of a doubt, Ron Paul WAY ahead of the curve.

edit on 5-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join