It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close-UP UFO Video, Would Like Opinions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
groups.yahoo.com...

Above is a supposed UFO close up video. I would like opinions about the authenticity of it.

I dont know who made it or what circumstances surrounded its filming.

If anyone has seen this video elsewhere and can enlighten me, please do.

Since I know little of photography and film, I decided to get opinions of the many folks at ATS who know alot more than I do.

If you think its fake, please explain to me how such a thing is done. If you think its real, please explain why.

Please dont just say, its obviously fake without explaining the inconsitancies. Vise versa with reality.

I am a bit skeptical, as the video doesnt look right, but again, Im no expert.

The reason I am asking is because I am trying to collect a credible library of UFO pics, videos, and documents for my UFO yahoo group, and would like to weed out fakes from truly solid ones.

Thanks for your help.

Edited: forgot link, and lost whole post.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
About what video are you talking?
You have a link or name or something?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yeah. Forgot the link, just edited the post to add it. Lost the original post and had to do it all over again.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Do I have to sign up to see it. If not the link doesn't seem to work.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What is the video encoded with? The machine I am on does not have any fancy codecs installed and I can't get to one that does for a while.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Seen it many times before and as far as I know it's hoaXXXed. Don't know for sure though

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think you have to sign in and log into yahoo to see, but i dont think you have to join.

but if it makes you join, let me know, and you can join long enough to look at the videos, then i can remove you from the group.

I did not have anywhere else to post it, so this was the only place.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
What is the video encoded with? The machine I am on does not have any fancy codecs installed and I can't get to one that does for a while.

I have played it in my windows media player. it also plays in real players. No encoding as far as I can tell. It should play. Maybe your comp doesnt have the updates?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
had trouble with codec too, but i fixed it with a little research. try this and get the setup.exe file:
www.comp.lancs.ac.uk...

And umm, I hope that's a hoax. Damn. Pretty amazing.

I actually already had that video file. But never bothered to see it, cause I didn't have the codec. It is indeo video IV4 codec. Your post prompted me to go get the codec and install. Glad I did.

What get's me is not only do you see the saucer up way close, but the sound fries when it gets close, and the bathing of yellow/red light that takes place on the ground as it flies over. But, watching again a few times, I can see why it appears a hoax. Notice the reflections off the house and ground don't happen till the craft has passed overhead. Doesn't seem right, they should have been more under the craft I think, but maybe not. Could have been lights on the back of the craft, or possibly another ship altogether, above the camera's view...

[edit on 4-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
had trouble with codec too, but i fixed it with a little research. try this and get the setup.exe file:
www.comp.lancs.ac.uk...

And umm, I hope that's a hoax. Damn. Pretty amazing.

I actually already had that video file. But never bothered to see it, cause I didn't have the codec. It is indeo video IV4 codec. Your post prompted me to go get the codec and install. Glad I did.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

I agree. Like I said, I am somewhat skeptical, tho not totally. Some things seem not right, but others very puzzling.

If it was hoaxed, Id like to know how they did it.

And thanks for the codecs info for people having problems viewing it!

Edit: Since true American edited his psot, I edited my quote of his post.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
lol, well I edited my post, so please go back and get that quote outta there, thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Fixed it, just removed the bottom line.

The apparent size of the UFO, plus the fuzzy distortion as it got closer....is about when the camera crapped out. Interesting. If its a hoax, they thought it out pretty well, which is certainly a possibility.

Anyone else on here have input? if this is a hoax, does anyone know exactly how they did it?

or does anyone know that it might be genuine, and point out why?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Download limit has been exceeded, you need to find a new place to host it.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Awe heck, send me your email in a u2u and i'll see if i can email it to you, ain't that big.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I don't know there is something about it thats not right, it looks like a fake to me. It looks like it was put into the video digitally.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Sigma]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am a filmmaker and have some knowledge in cinematography. I have seen this before, and from what I can see, it looks genuine. Aside from a questionable wobble when it changes direction, but this could also suggest it is part of the UFO dynamics. It is not uncommon to hear reports of UFO's wobbling. I once suspected it was a miniture model. So I tested my theory out by using a miniture model on string, and see if I can produce the same change of depth, size, and movements and accelerations. I could not get even 1% close.

Look at the positives, and compare to the negatives:

1. The UFO's video origin is anonymous. This means there is no one becoming famous or earning any money from it.

2. It is not, and I repeat, it is not a CGI image. I also do not see any signs of video editing. I also not see any evidence for blue or green screening.

3. The UFO is a life-size structure

4. The frame is mostly static, and it is hand held, on what seems to a very cheap camcorder. In this static frame we see a UFO far from the distance approach the camera and become life-size.

5. The UFO origin begins begins far in the distance, where it even visibly shows two smoothe bursts of sudden acceleration, with motion blur, and then changes direction and approaches the camera changing perceptible size and shape.

6. The UFO has a glow on the underside, that also illuminates the ground as it flies by. It and also has lights on the outer rim, in the north, south, east and west points. It is very detailed indeed.

7. There seems to be EM effects causing a brief lapse of time, as the UFO's sweeps by the camera. As well as electronic noise and the sound of the UFO itself.

8. The sounds are very genuine and natural, especially the voice of the camera man, which shows anticipation, wonder, fear, shock, something that would be expected from a genuine witness. It sounds like, the man rushed to get a camera to capture the UFO, the woman in the background first saw.

Negatives:

1. There are noticabe wobbles as the UFO approaches, that could suggest it was on a string. However, that is very doubtable, considering the UFO originates visibly far in the depth of the frame.

2. At the end, one can see what seems like a tiny pole protruding out of the top of the UFO. This again raises suspicion that it could be where the string is attached, but again for the same reasons, the UFO is life size and appears far in the distance. We can call upon the arguments of plausible deniability and say this is a characteristic of the UFO structure.

Overal, I think this is a very good UFO video, one of the best I've seen actually, and should easily be part of a video collection.

I hope I helped.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
christ, after going through the sign up saga, it wont let me download it, does someone mind either hosting it or sending iv via email?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am a filmmaker and have some knowledge in cinematography. I have seen this before, and from what I can see, it looks genuine. Aside from a questionable wobble when it changes direction, but this could also suggest it is part of the UFO dynamics. It is not uncommon to hear reports of UFO's wobbling. I once suspected it was a miniture model. So I tested my theory out by using a miniture model on string, and see if I can produce the same change of depth, size, and movements and accelerations. I could not get even 1% close.

Look at the positives, and compare to the negatives:

1. The UFO's video origin is anonymous. This means there is no one becoming famous or earning any money from it.

2. It is not, and I repeat, it is not a CGI image. I also do not see any signs of video editing. I also not see any evidence for blue or green screening.

3. The UFO is a life-size structure

4. The frame is mostly static, and it is hand held, on what seems to a very cheap camcorder. In this static frame we see a UFO far from the distance approach the camera and become life-size.

5. The UFO origin begins begins far in the distance, where it even visibly shows two smoothe bursts of sudden acceleration, with motion blur, and then changes direction and approaches the camera changing perceptible size and shape.

6. The UFO has a glow on the underside, that also illuminates the ground as it flies by. It and also has lights on the outer rim, in the north, south, east and west points. It is very detailed indeed.

7. There seems to be EM effects causing a brief lapse of time, as the UFO's sweeps by the camera. As well as electronic noise and the sound of the UFO itself.

8. The sounds are very genuine and natural, especially the voice of the camera man, which shows anticipation, wonder, fear, shock, something that would be expected from a genuine witness. It sounds like, the man rushed to get a camera to capture the UFO, the woman in the background first saw.

Negatives:

1. There are noticabe wobbles as the UFO approaches, that could suggest it was on a string. However, that is very doubtable, considering the UFO originates visibly far in the depth of the frame.

2. At the end, one can see what seems like a tiny pole protruding out of the top of the UFO. This again raises suspicion that it could be where the string is attached, but again for the same reasons, the UFO is life size and appears far in the distance. We can call upon the arguments of plausible deniability and say this is a characteristic of the UFO structure.

Overal, I think this is a very good UFO video, one of the best I've seen actually, and should easily be part of a video collection.

I hope I helped.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

Thank you very much, Indigo. This was exactly the kind of feedback I wanted. Not some mumble of, looks fake, looks real, ect. I wanted someone with image experience to go through and explain why it could be a fake/real.

You have been of great help, and pointed out some things I had not noticed. I suppose this video shall remain a mystery, and I shall keep it up so people can make their own judgement.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
TrueAmerican, I u2u'd you my email, if you could email me the video it would be great. I have a feeling I know which one it is, but need to put my mind at rest.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
By the way,

If you want to see the video, u2u me or someone else with it your email and we can send it to you.

Those of you who had to join the yahoo group to see the video, and wish to be removed from the member's list, u2u me the name of the account you registered with, and i can remove your account from the listing if you wish.

I did not realize that accessing the file in the yahoo group files would be so problematic for many folks.

Ill be happy to send the video to anyone who requests it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join