It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Spectre
What is the video encoded with? The machine I am on does not have any fancy codecs installed and I can't get to one that does for a while.
Originally posted by TrueAmerican
had trouble with codec too, but i fixed it with a little research. try this and get the setup.exe file:
And umm, I hope that's a hoax. Damn. Pretty amazing.
I actually already had that video file. But never bothered to see it, cause I didn't have the codec. It is indeo video IV4 codec. Your post prompted me to go get the codec and install. Glad I did.
[edit on 4-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]
Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am a filmmaker and have some knowledge in cinematography. I have seen this before, and from what I can see, it looks genuine. Aside from a questionable wobble when it changes direction, but this could also suggest it is part of the UFO dynamics. It is not uncommon to hear reports of UFO's wobbling. I once suspected it was a miniture model. So I tested my theory out by using a miniture model on string, and see if I can produce the same change of depth, size, and movements and accelerations. I could not get even 1% close.
Look at the positives, and compare to the negatives:
1. The UFO's video origin is anonymous. This means there is no one becoming famous or earning any money from it.
2. It is not, and I repeat, it is not a CGI image. I also do not see any signs of video editing. I also not see any evidence for blue or green screening.
3. The UFO is a life-size structure
4. The frame is mostly static, and it is hand held, on what seems to a very cheap camcorder. In this static frame we see a UFO far from the distance approach the camera and become life-size.
5. The UFO origin begins begins far in the distance, where it even visibly shows two smoothe bursts of sudden acceleration, with motion blur, and then changes direction and approaches the camera changing perceptible size and shape.
6. The UFO has a glow on the underside, that also illuminates the ground as it flies by. It and also has lights on the outer rim, in the north, south, east and west points. It is very detailed indeed.
7. There seems to be EM effects causing a brief lapse of time, as the UFO's sweeps by the camera. As well as electronic noise and the sound of the UFO itself.
8. The sounds are very genuine and natural, especially the voice of the camera man, which shows anticipation, wonder, fear, shock, something that would be expected from a genuine witness. It sounds like, the man rushed to get a camera to capture the UFO, the woman in the background first saw.
1. There are noticabe wobbles as the UFO approaches, that could suggest it was on a string. However, that is very doubtable, considering the UFO originates visibly far in the depth of the frame.
2. At the end, one can see what seems like a tiny pole protruding out of the top of the UFO. This again raises suspicion that it could be where the string is attached, but again for the same reasons, the UFO is life size and appears far in the distance. We can call upon the arguments of plausible deniability and say this is a characteristic of the UFO structure.
Overal, I think this is a very good UFO video, one of the best I've seen actually, and should easily be part of a video collection.
I hope I helped.
[edit on 4-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]