It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL smokers now!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

A education program is needed, across the world. I try to eat healthy and yet it is more expensive than buying off the shelf items.

I gave up smoking and have tried to live a better lifestyle, but everything "organic" is outrageously expensive these days. I've even see "organic" cigarettes and they are more expensive than your average smoke by at least a dollar.

People like to talk about conspiracy, and I do see one here as well. But it is a convulated web that pretty much encompasses everything.

That’s because the – off the shelf stuff is subsidized. Would be nice if they subsidized fruits and veggies instead. And an education program to help lose weight – you can’t be serious! What about the poor (well maybe not so poor) drug companies?? They would lose masses (of money not weight) if the masses lost weight (not money)!

Why the economy would crash and burn if people were trim and healthy. The world as we know it would come to an end. I need to help save the world – where is my burger and fries? Hmm, maybe not a milk shake, a nice cold beer to wash it all down and away.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I call BOLSHEVIKS INC.!!.."sin tax", ha?

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners! Luke7

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh another thread for weak minded smokers that blame everyone for not wanting them to smoke.

I live in a place with socialized health care and I think it's a great idea to OVER TAX cigarettes and other things that they know that make us sick. It's like taking personal responsibility towards the damage done directly each time when using the products in question.

You can't you use the excuse : "Oh but this and that, is much worst than my addiction"
Sure it's a drop in the ocean, but one day, floods are bound to arrive.

Don't me wrong, I would regulate corporations, big oil and banks much faster than I would regulate smokers. They are a much much bigger problem to society than poor little smokers.

But I still find these types of threads a pathetic excuse for your negative addiction that makes you think and act illogically with weak excuses for the urges that surpasses your critical thinking. Who's really running your body?

If someone says NO, that they don't want smoke in their own personal environment, that NO is stronger than your excuses for wanting to smoke anyway. Our liberties stop where another one begins.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Blah, blah, blah.

Did you say something?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Actually, the Boston Legal TV show had an episode on just that.
A city tried to pass an ordinance forbidding the sale of red meat on the grounds it was unhealthy.

While I don't condone the government telling me what I can and cannot do, those that do....well, they should pay higher rates for insurance.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Weak-minded smokers???

So your definition of someone who is weak-minded is someone who isn't doing exactly what YOU think they should be doing?

Was Winston Churchill a "weak-minded" individual?
Was FDR a "weak-minded" individual?
Albert Einstein a weak-minded" individual?

lets look at non-smokers

Adolf Hitler - dead at 47 of suicide or assisted suicide - too weak-minded to face the justice he deserved~

www.democraticunderground.com...

Are YOU so weak-minded that you are unable to think for yourself? Do you really buy into the image of smokers that people who hate smokers have fostered - that of pathetic weak addicts unable to break the chains of slavery put on them by tobacco companies?

Don't you know that the medical dictionary of the "addiction" was changed in 1986 by the surgeon general in order to include nicotene and that the defination was now so broad and unworkable that "everything" became an addition. Don't you know that this was a deliberate political ploy in order to support lawsuits against the tobacco companies.

Why don't you google the words "is nicotene addictive" and you will find why most scientists think not~

I don't think that individuals who choose to go their own way are weak-minded at all. but I do question the strength of mind that generates hate in response to people doing anything you don't like~

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaksSo your definition of someone who is weak-minded is someone who isn't doing exactly what YOU think they should be doing?

I'm wondering you could you ever come to that sort of conclusion about my post.
You let your addiction think for you in illogical ways.

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
Why don't you google the words "is nicotene addictive" and you will find why most scientists think not~

No no, please don't try this on me.
If you actually believe those "scientist", you might have bigger problems than nicotine addiction in the first place.

Again, your addiction is making you think illogically.

but I do question the strength of mind that generates hate in response to people doing anything you don't like~

Nah, I don't hate smokers!
But they should hate that part about themselves.

Tired of Control Freaks

You should be tired of having cigarettes control your life.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Of course you'll never admit what controls your life. You're not perfect even though you think you are.

It's easy to be smug on the internet.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And exactly why should I hate the part of me that likes to smoke, the part that can feel pleasure?

Do You hate the part of you that is human enough to seek pleasure in this life? Or are you so smug and arrogant that you believe that YOU are the only one who can decide what is "acceptable" pleasure" and what is not?

And you hate all of those who fail to agree with you? You believe them to be "weak-minded"?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join