It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yep, we sure do have a problem at our southern border. It's not only people from Mexico, it's people from all over. it's just easy to get in that way. Now, about the Mexicans. I hear all this hatred towards them for invading our country. I have to admit, it irritates me too. But who do I blame? I sure don't blame the Mexican immigrants. Why the hell WOULDN'T they come here? Our SYSTEM offers them healthcare, food, no taxes. All the while, knowing that they are illegal. If I was in Mexico and wanted a better life, I'd come too. In fact, I am surprised more haven't.

It's not that anyone seeking a better life is bad for wanting to be here. The system in place for legally becoming a citizen is daunting to say the least. If our system was refined to make citizenship more streamline and we could TRACK the numbers of immigrants, we would have a much better handle on our infrastructure. We could do away with having people working in the US and not paying income tax. We could limit the number of people on government assistance.

But... we have to start by enforcing our current laws. All of them. Including border security. Stop the flow, fix the system, collect the taxes, build the infrastructure, then enjoy a system that works. At this pace, why bother to pass any new laws for anything until we decide to follow and enforce the ones we already have.

I am not ready to throw in the towel on the USA just yet.

edit on 4-8-2014 by network dude because: fixed possibly offensive title

edit on 8/4/2014 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Stop the flow, fix the system, collect the taxes, build the infrastructure, then enjoy a system that works.

Herein lies the irony (short quote/emphasis mine!), this system of which you speak has been working just fine and with few changes for the last several thousand years, for the people that control and own it, and that unfortunately is not "We, The People" or whichever legal jargon may be used in different territories/countries. People are nothing more than a revenue stream in the eyes of governments and multinational corporations. Well, perhaps there is no difference between the two, but just in case.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Agreed. I just think there is a fairly simple answer to this problem, and it's really, really obvious.
It's so frustrating to see it, and not be able to get anyone else to acknowledge it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
People are nothing more than a revenue stream in the eyes of governments and multinational corporations. Well, perhaps there is no difference between the two, but just in case.

Well, we're barely a century into having a federal income tax, so it wasn't always that way...and need not remain that way, but like you state, once the money is already available to the governments, taking it away is nearly impossible.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Extra consumers for the mega corporations and cheaper wokers there is dream come true.
edit on 4-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a simple solution as well.....open the border.

Flame away!

(post by solarstorm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't bother me so much if illegals (on top of our own lazy class) weren't given freebies. Drivers licenses w/o citenzenship, free health care, Obamaphones, welfare, ect. On top of that, driving down my wages because they are willing to work for less and avoid taxes, and employers are willing to pay them under the counter to avoid taxes. Between our "lazy class" citizens and our immigrants, the working clAss can't keep up.

So essentiAlly we need to fix the welfare system first, and I believe the immigration problem would begin to right itself. Expecting all people of America to work a job and pay for their own things is the only solution.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Flame away!

That's been my suggestion. I'm sure Mexico will get tired of all the outlaws fleeing to Mexico.. Then maybe they'll work with US for a actual solution

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I hadn't even thought of that but you are right. Open borders would never include open police working without distinction either. Neither nation would give up their own in favor of the other. So if getting there and back were basically a free pass with no serious challenge, but still beyond American cops to show up with an arrest warrant at 3AM?

Why yes, I believe Mexico may quickly come to feel that whole open border thing was a terrible idea after all. Canada is already content to deny entry on what Americans generally think of as minor offenses and that has been the case for years and years. I'm sure they'd just embrace removing all restrictions in both directions that way too.

Or more likely not.

(post by solarstorm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonweld
So essentiAlly we need to fix the welfare system first, and I believe the immigration problem would begin to right itself. Expecting all people of America to work a job and pay for their own things is the only solution.

I think you may be right. It the welfare system was used for that small percentage of people who cannot work due to real issues, like mental illness or real health issues then there would be plenty of money for it, and Social Security might not be getting abused by the rest who are looking for "early retirement".

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Flame away!

You know as well as anyone else what can come across with open borders and it isn't just nice folk. With open borders there are no background checks or health checks. We have had murderers, pedophiles, gang members etc come through our borders. Why oh why would anyone find that acceptable???

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We have murderers, thieves, pedos and gang members living next door to us already. Those sorts of people are everywhere......not just coming from Mexico.

I believe the majority of all people are good and decent. Our border is keeping those good people out and does not deter the criminals that find a way in no matter the law.

top topics

join