It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're at the opening stages of WW3, from a military standpoint, how do you think it will play out?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah um no.

World War 3 would require two semi equal sides.

You have the West

US treaties of mutual defense

The Rio Pact -

United States
Argentina
Bahamas
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Trinidad and Tobago
Uruguay

NATO-
Albania
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Aspiring NATO members -
Macedonia
Bosnia
Georgia
Kosovo
Montengro

Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty (Manila Pact)
USA
UK
France
Thailand
Australia
Phllipines
New Zealand

Mutual defense pacts
Phllipines
South Korea
Japan

The US also has defense agreements with

All the Carribean states except Cuba
Israel
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
Qatar
Oman
UAE
Jordan
Morrocco
Singapore
Yemen
Taiwan

None NATO EU states
Sweden
Finland
Austria
Ireland
Cyprus
Malata

UK Allies beyond those above

Five Power Defence Arrangements
UK
Australia
Malaysia
Singapore
New Zealand

Belize
Brunei

France Allies beyond those above (defense treaty or militaty mutual cooperation treaty)
Senegal
Mali
Niger
Chad
CAR
Gabon
Congo
South Africa
Cameroon
Bukina Faso
Ivory Coast
Togo
Benin
Kenya
Tanzania
Djibouti
Madagascar

Most of Africa is tied to the US, UK or France through a variety of treaties and series of Mutual cooperation agreements between NATO and the Afican Union.

ASEAN is tied to the US/UK/France by a variety of treaties with 5 of its 9 members.
Brunei
Cambodia
Indonesia
Laos
Malaysia
Myanmar (Burma)
Philippines
Singapore
Thailand
Vietnam

You also have a bunch of small Pacific States tied to the US/Australia/UK and New Zealand.

So in closing not only is the US by far the most powerful nation on earth it allied to the majority of it.

And on top of that if you know history you would know the world is more quite now than usual. Russia has been involved in military operation its former Soviet states since the 90s. Israel and the Paletinains throw down on a regular basis for decades. ISIS is one of many groups over time that pop up cause trouble and now in decline and doomed to be forgotten in a few years.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterIgnorance
a reply to: rickymouse

And russia will attack texas how?

Maybe they will start a stampede.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Russia probably has enough nukes to destroy most life on this planet. The US probably has enough nukes to destroy most life on this world. China has enough nukes to destroy a big chunk of life on this planet. I'm not sure what the other nations have, but there are a lot of nukes out there.

No wonder everyone is in debt, we spend so much on these weapons systems.

My point is that it doesn't really matter who has more allies if everyone is dead.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What rock have you been hiding under? WW3, WW4 AND WW5 already happened. What's happening now is obviously WW6!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Personally I see the world doing what it has always done, it ebbs and flows..
Sometimes it's peaceful and other times multiple flash points on different topics flare up.
Unlike any other time in life though people are essentially connected instantly to everything that happens anywhere in the world so it's easy to feel like more is going on.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are two countries that can de-escalate the WW3 scenario:

a) China: by openly throwing support behind Russia and telling US that China will NOT be a late arrival to the party. It will arrive along with Russia.

b) Germany: by openly showing its non-cooperation with the US and NATO regarding their NWO plans to pick fight with Russia. Germany has suffered alot in the last 2 WWs and needs to see its own interests first.

Btw, somewhere I read recently that since 2000s, Russian military when doing the exercises does not sit back for long before using the nukes. Conventionally, Russia is much weak vrs NATO and will have to bring in nukes much early that during the Soviet times.

Kremlin should have a war game where by it brings in nukes within 24 hours and get it be known to the world. Sitting back does not help in a scenario where situation can drastically change in few hours alone.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So in closing not only is the US by far the most powerful nation on earth it allied to the majority of it.

You people have overspending party and when it comes to wiping off debts, you want to start a war.

Don't think other nations, except NATO and ANZUS treaty will send their soldiers and resources to help you wipe your EVIL DEBTS.

Even NATO, do not count on all, especially if Russia openly tells that those who stay out will be spared the "Nukes followed by Chemicals and further followed by Bio weapons".

Combo Burgers of these three will make sure not even a cockroach survives to help you pay off the 1%er GROUP's PARTY BILLS !!

edit on 3-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

ISIS goes back into Syria, more money - more recruits, this time NATO steps in - because western wants Assad out and they have been drooling for a reason. ISIS is the perfect reason.

Russia jumps in this time on the side of Assad, ISIS has it's own side, and NATO forces is another side... in Syria it all begins. But only if ISIS goes back.

ISIS wins Syria, and goes back to Iraq, in order to draw out Iran, because til now, Iran has refused to join in. They will kill shia as they go.....trying to draw Iran in...

and so it will begin.

edit on 3-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

You people have overspending party and when it comes to wiping off debts, you want to start a war.

Don't think other nations, except NATO and ANZUS treaty will send their soldiers and resources to help you wipe your EVIL DEBTS.

Even NATO, do not count on all, especially if Russia openly tells that those who stay out will be spared the "Nukes followed by Chemicals and further followed by Bio weapons".

Combo Burgers of these three will make sure not even a cockroach survives to help you pay off the 1%er GROUP's PARTY BILLS !!

It is hard for me to even try and respond to this silliness. Why would Russia or anybody bother to make a threat with nukes when they know that it will only lead their own derstruction as well? The answer as we all know for decades has been the same, nukes nuetralize nukes. So what your left with is a conventional war. And in that nobody else needs to send troops. Russia military would fall on the defensive because it is not going to able to advance anywhere. The former Soviet Republics that it has kept in line with a point of a gun would turn on Russia it a heartbeat and the south would rise up again in revolt. A simple air and naval blockade would do Russia in. Of course Russia knows this an is no way shape or form going to start a losing war. And the West considers Russia a nuisance who is not worth much more effort than santions.

As for the gibberish about debt and hamburgers I have no idea what your going on with.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The main gibberish is in your wishful thinking

The answer as we all know for decades has been the same, nukes nuetralize nukes. So what your left with is a conventional war.

Russia has two choices, either live as a slave of the west OR not live at all and take others with them.

And in that nobody else needs to send troops. And in that nobody else needs to send troops. Russia military would fall on the defensive because it is not going to able to advance anywhere. The former Soviet Republics that it has kept in line with a point of a gun would turn on Russia it a heartbeat and the south would rise up again in revolt.

You either do not have even layman's understanding of military matters or your wishful thinking needs some professional help.

Infact, if Russia chooses to live like a slave of the west, then soon Russia will not exist anymore. Since 1991 the end of cold war, it has been repeatedly seen that West is not happy with Russia in existence. NATO expansion, attacking Russia's allies etc. are just few examples that point to the real agenda of the west.

Force feeding the WMD Combo burgers is the only way drunk West will understand to mind its own business.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am not the least bit afraid that WWIII is going to start in the near future. What is going on in the Ukraine is NOT going to draw the US into a war with Russia. What is going on in the Middle East is NOT going to draw the US into a war with Iran or Pakistan either. War with a Middle Eastern nation would not occur with the US invading a country like Iran. And none of those countries would attempt to start a war with the US even if they US re-invaded Iraq. Even a war between Israel and her neighbors is unlikely to draw the US into a full-scale war, or a ground conflict. It would take a whole lot happening for that to occur, and nothing like that is happening right now.

I do not see any US actions causing a major power to declare war on the US at this point in time. And I don't expect the US to launch an outright attack on a major power, nor anyone allied with a major power. I am not worried about North Korea either at this point. US intelligence is closely monitoring the nuclear situation in North Korea, and at this point it is nothing to be concerned about. And a war with North Korea, the US, and South Korea is not a world war, and is unlikely to draw China or Russia into full-blown war with the US.

We have already seen what occurred with the Arab Spring, and I remember people talking then about how WWIII was imminent. People have been saying this crap since WWII ended, and the closest we have been to a World War since WWII was during the Cold War. There is virtually no threat of a war with Russia at this point. The threat of war between Russia and Ukraine is not even extremely high at this point. It is a possibility, but definitely not inevitable. I do not see any nation, especially a major nation, launching any wars of expansion or anything, similar to what happened with Japan in WWII, or Germany for that matter.

The start of WWI was not due to the assassination of Ferdinand either. That was just the excuse used. Or sort of the last straw. That was already a tense situation. Because times have changed so much, with the advent of much more liberality and mass communications worldwide, wars of that nature are less likely to start. More and more people are more accepting of those who are different, and you do not have nations hating others as much. It still occurs, especially in the Middle East, and places with religious differences, but things are nowhere near as tense as they were in the early 20th century.

And one of the most important factors is the public mood. Wars sometimes cannot happen without the support of the people. And it is extremely unlikely that the US population would allow a war with a major power unless they were directly threatened. Does anyone honestly think the US populace would support going to war with Russia over Ukraine? Your understanding is extremely skewed if you believe that. It would take an absolutely massive propaganda campaign to gain the support of the US populace, considering Russia is not going to be the aggressor against the US. And small scale incidents can occur between two nations without triggering a war, especially a world war. And another important thing to consider is that alliances no longer mean that one country has to send troops to another part of the world. With the advent of modern technology, much of the fighting will depend on that technology. It will not take as many ground troops to win a war. In fact, massing ground troops would be extremely dangerous against a modern military power nowadays. Much more so than at any point in history. And that is not even considering the nuclear option.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

unnfortunatelly Nations do not Declare War! anymore,,so that way, its not war if its not, Government actually Declaring War,,here is the problem,,

massing ground troops would be extremely dangerous i repeat,, massing ground troops would be extremely dangerous,, if
an entire regiment / battalion gets wiped out,,,by one bomb,,a very big non nuclear bomb,,,
at what size,, do the bombs used reach,,"OK the gloves are off" size???
and a Nation,,
"Declare All Out War",,,,cause ALL OUT,, War is now the only other option.

bombs are bad mmkkk.

even missles,, ballistic and otherwise.
edit on 8/3/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is not the start of, nor will it turn into WW3. Stop having an OMG WW3 fit every time a conflict is in the air.

As for the whole OMGZ nukes... give it up... if someone ever launches a nuke (which I think could happen but not in our lifetime) what does it matter? You can't stop it, won't stop it, won't survive it.

the end.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
3 Words, 11 syllables.

Intercontinental Ballistic Missile

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

This is not the start of, nor will it turn into WW3. Stop having an OMG WW3 fit every time a conflict is in the air.

Every time? lol relax.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ISIL and other Jihadists are really ruining the world. Even their own people are finally get sick of them, as they should have done over a decade ago. But yet, it's not improving and they are not backing down. I'm afraid it will come down to having to eradicate them to have any peace whatsoever on our planet. I don't even like to think what mess that will leave in the ME.

Russia is much more than just an annoyance. They have elected a crazy man. I hope every day they will get rid of him, but unfortunately they seem to adore his shirtless self.

But yeah, it's occurred to me too, that we are gradually inching our way into WWIII. Sigh.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
3 Words, 11 syllables.

Intercontinental Ballistic Missile

one word,,

continent

as in continent too continent.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Russians have not been helping the cause of peace too much either.

They are more busy looting and hollowing their own country via corruption. This year $100B has left Russia. Well this year was 'out of the ordinary' because of Ukraine issue. However, each single year $50B of capital leaves Russia to secret bank accounts in tax havens.

Weakness invites aggression and such is the case with Russia vrs NATO.

People in Ukraine think they will be able to find jobs in Western Europe after Kiev joins the EU. Fine, for the sake of global peace, Ukraine can join the EU but also sign an agreement that for next 20 years it will not join the NATO or any alliance that Russia finds as hostile. The sovereign nation logic proponents will immediately raise voices but that is not too much to sacrifice for 'global peace' and national economic upliftment.

The extra bread to Ukraine will come from EU membership and not NATO's security.

Either Ukraine can take this package and go about with menial jobs in Europe and bring peace to their country which is in the worst form of war i.e. civil war

OR

They can continue to try to poke Russia in the eye and end up losing upto 80% of their country for the sake of being a member of NATO.

In 20 years, the warfare technologies will be so advanced, that it will not matter who is a member of which alliance. Till then say no to WW3 because of this stupid Ukraine issue.

edit on 3-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There's a certain irony in the fact Ukraine gave up nukes. Now, a number of years later, here we are. It's foreseeable.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: FlySolo

I would like to hear other opinions how WW3 reaches a crescendo.

We blow ourselves to hell and that means no more The Walking Dead!

I was hoping for a lot more creative crocktail to suck down than
just watching the first four or so milliseconds of a fat air burst, Slayer...

But one thing sticking in my liner is that Spud ISIS just glommed onto.
That not so wonderful flashback to Strangelove looks real enough
if they fizz the big tube at Tel Aviv. Those guys might be dealing with a
real crater for the first time in a lot of years... Iron Dome or not.

You may be more right than you want with the prediction and ante-up;
we all in the Northern Hemi probably won't even have time to pucker.
edit on 4-8-2014 by derfreebie because: Forget the M1919A4, the ammo at the armory's all green ROFL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join