It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athletes At Commonwealth Games Tested For Ebola.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hi.

Thought this might be interesting to some of you who are following the development of this story.

Up to 30 Commonwealth Games athletes from Sierra Leone are considering extending their stay in Glasgow amid fears over the Ebola virus.

The BBC has also learned a second Sierra Leone competitor, Samuel Morris, has been tested for Ebola and cleared by doctors in Glasgow.

Cyclist Moses Sesay had also tested negative for the virus.

It has been confirmed another Sierra Leone cyclist, Mohamed Tholley, has vanished from the athletes' village.

Sesay, 32, was admitted to a Glasgow hospital last week after feeling unwell and doctors tested him for various conditions, including Ebola.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Which I think is interesting and quite reassuring that the authorities in Glasgow are obviously on the look out for people with symptoms, and testing athletes where appropriate.

Vaguely sinister that one athlete has vanished from the village though... But that's probably not uncommon.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Sadly, it is rather common for athletes and sports persons from certain nations to claim asylum once they get to to a developed nation - I'm sure some did it at the last Olympics for example..

That said, you are right, it is good that they are on the lookout for it while they are here. I believe the athletes visa's allow them to stay until September if they wish, so they can legally ride out the outbreak here, assuming it doesn't spread and kill us all

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Thanks for posting this, this is news to me.
I didn't know that one athlete had vanished? Hope he's ok and not a) lying in a ditch somewhere after a fight, or b) suffering from ebola alone/ spreading it about.

I hope they're all able to stay in Glasgow whilst this outbreak is contained, it would be awful to send them back to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

You know things are bad when people want to stay in Glasgow rather then return to their tropical home....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Lol!
Desperate times call for desperate measures. There's nothing wrong with the murder capital of Europe as such, but let's just say I'm more worried for the missing athlete, than about him giving us problems!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Hehe, I as just referring to the Weather - watching the Cycling today and it looks pretty wet and cold - I've heard from some work mates who've been up there Glasgow is not as bad as they say, but it does have a reputation I suppose!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not to be heartless but i hope the missing guy turns up dead somewhere all the world needs is some ebola virus carrier walking arounda reply to: Painterz

top topics

join