It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just hours before 9/11, Clinton rued missed chance to kill Osama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

10 hours before the first plane hit he made that comment, too hard to understand?

You should get a dictionary to see the definition of bash.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

“And I could have killed him,” Clinton continued, “but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn’t do it.”
a reply to: Indigent

Well at least he had a moral sense of judgement as compared to Israel. Killing innocent women and children for one terrorist wouldn't have stopped Netanyahu. "Israel is no better than Hamas" for indiscriminately killing innocent lives. I find nothing wrong with Clinton's decision.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Clinton did have the chance and decided against it. Old news. But the insight here is that he probably knew something was "up," with the neocons but was not on the inside and privy to the real detaials and no longer in any position of power at that moment but was telegraphing it anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nv
edit on 3-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden had NOTHING to do with 9-11.

Please get that through your thick skulls.

And the '19 hijackers' were just patsies in order to produce the next new batch of hapless boogiemen, all Muslims everywhere. Gotta have boogiemen for the U.S. Government to scare us with and justify billions in war expenditures.

Until you ALL see through this, the killing and the use of your tax dollars for empire will continue. While the psychopaths may have all the weapons and all the military power, it's useless without the cooperation of your flag-waving, patriotically braindead children to implement.

If you don't learn, you'll end up, like all the generations before you, with your kid coming home in a box and a nice triangular-folded flag to remember your stupidity by.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This only matters to people who still believe that Bin Laden actually had anything to do with 911. Me personally, I think Israel, Larry Silverstein and friends(Zionists) done it, not only because of the total loss that the twin towers were(asbestos) but to open the door to the middle east. You know, what they've done to the middle east since. But why Clinton would word it this way is peculiar. He has a reason because he like to twist words. Remember when he tried to redefine what sex was? lol This guy is a sleaze ball. And I cringe that these nasty people could get back into the White House in 2016.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Fylgje because: correction

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There are a few things that strike me about this news.

Firstly, the way the media are representing it, I have read a few articles that make it sound as if Clinton had the opportunity to take out Bin Laden just 10 hours before the attack, which is obviously going to be false.

But here is the second and its kind of a biggy for me, and I know some of the self-proclaimed "truthers" might not like this but here it goes.

It has always amazed me that many individuals who subscribe to the idea that 9/11 was a false flag pass the blame on Bush, Cheney, et al. Bush has only been in power about 8 months at the time of the attacks yet Clinton had been in power for a full 8 years before the attacks and for a pretty big chunk of that time Bin Laden was one of the worlds most wanted men. Not only that but Clinton had multiple opportunities to eliminate him and he was to coward to take them.

Take this missed opportunity that he had, the head of the CIA's counter terrorism unit came to him and said words to the effect of "Mr President we have bin laden, we know where he is exactly, we have a drone watching him right now, can you please authorise a cruise missile strike".

His response,

"hmmmm well no we might end up with some collateral damage and hummmmm..... well..... if you can predict where he will be in 6 hours i might conceder it."

He was petrified of being the president that was accused of assassination AND not only that but having a little bit of extra oral fun in the oval office.

Now if he had taken out Bin Laden 9/11 probably would still have happened but it would have saved us all a lot of hassle, not to mention lives.

But the thing is if you read the likes of Steve Colls Ghost Wars or anything by Michael Scheuer it becomes really quite clear that Clinton had more than just one chance at taking out Bin Laden.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Obama orders hit on Osama just sounds better.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Hellas

Osama started doing terrorist acts around 92, people know him since Cole attack and 9-11 made him famous but he was of interest to the government during all Clinton era

Actually he goes back to Oliver North Testimony when he was asked why he used so much money for a personal security system at his home. Mr. North said he was afraid of what one Osama Binladen could do. The was during Iran contra hearings, during the Reagan administration if I remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Yeah and those patsy terrorists had their families, friends, etc all faked in the Mideast as well, including OBL's congratulations and AQ's huge monetary donations to those families of the terrorists. Yeah all faked.

Right............

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Clinton knew damn well that OBL was a protected asset.He was not gonna kill Bin Laden under any circumstances.More crap from a former President.If you buy this.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Considering Bin Laden denied any involvement in 9/11 at all, up until the DOD released its dubious "confession" tape, it's not very likely killing OBL during the Clinton years would have averted anything.

9/11 was a plot, the perpetrators used or invented its terrorist actors as scapegoats. The real masterminds are still out there. Suadi's? Mossad? Neocons? Our own Department of Defense? (or combinations thereof).

Bin Laden denied being involved in 9/11 for six weeks, then one day just flip-flops and confesses and sends the tape straight to the Pentagon for world-wide dissemination. Convenient, for the DOD that is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join