It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just hours before 9/11, Clinton rued missed chance to kill Osama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted here so if it was posted please delete

10 hours before 9-11 Clinton said this in Australia, I wonder what is the context for him to start speaking about Osama, i put this here in case you guys miss it.

He made his comments at a paid speech in Melbourne, Sky News reported.

“And I’m just saying, you know, if I were Osama bin Laden — he’s very smart guy, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about him — and I nearly got him once. I nearly got him.”

“And I could have killed him,” Clinton continued, “but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn’t do it.”

What a coincidence to regret, or justify not killing Osama 10 hours before he did his worse act.

NYpost

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Indigent said: "What a coincidence to regret, or justify not killing Osama 10 hours before he did his worse act."

Now, now, then they wouldn't have anyone to blame 911 on.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hold your horses John Wayne..

How exactly would he murder him??

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Agreed. Just one proof of that is we are still in Afghanistan long after he was killed.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Hah, the US reserves the right to kill anyone at any time and anywhere without regard to Sovereignty of nations or due process.

Or haven't you heard of Cruise missiles and drones?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hah, the US reserves the right to kill anyone at any time and anywhere without regard to Sovereignty of nations or due process.

First of all that's not him personally then and second of all, he wasn't even in office. So again, how would he murder him?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

What a coincidence to regret, or justify not killing Osama 10 hours before he did his worse act.

Far be it for me to defend Slick Willy but...

He was no longer in office 10 hours before OBL did his worse act.

Bonehead Bush was.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

First of all that's not him personally then and second of all, he wasn't even in office. So again, how would he murder him?

hey, hey.....we don't let the obvious facts get in the way of bashing Clinton, or any other democrat here on ATS.....Clinton could have ordered president George Bush to kill OBL on Sept 10, 2001, everybody knows that. (rolls eyes)

link   
a reply to: Hellas

Silly, politicians never do their own dirty work…

link   

Osama started doing terrorist acts around 92, people know him since Cole attack and 9-11 made him famous but he was of interest to the government during all Clinton era
edit on 3-8-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

hey, hey.....we don't let the obvious facts get in the way of bashing Clinton, or any other democrat here on ATS.....Clinton could have ordered president George Bush to kill OBL on Sept 10, 2001, everybody knows that. (rolls eyes)

who is bashing Clinton?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The irony is compelling.

Could be he knew what was "on the way".

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I misread the title and thought it said

"Just hours before 9/11, Clinton rued missed chance to kill Obama"

It took a few moments for the penny to drop and, weirdly, I was disappointed....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Osama started doing terrorist acts around 92, people know him since Cole attack and 9-11 made him famous but he was of interest to the government during all Clinton era

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It seems people dont know too much history, perhaps reading this article from 11/12/2001 may help a bit

Why Clinton failed to stop bin Laden

By 1995, U.S. intelligence officials were paying attention to bin Laden because of his multimillion-dollar family fortune, his hostility to the United States and his ties to known terrorist groups. "He was considered a dangerous man," recalls Philip Wilcox, the top counterterrorism official at the State Department at the time.

Senior administration officials were intrigued when Sudan, eager to improve its dismal relations with the United States, secretly offered in early 1995 to turn over bin Laden to the Saudi government, which had exiled him 4 years earlier. But the Saudis declined.

"They were afraid it was too much of a hot potato, and I understand where they were," Clinton recalled at his speech to association executives. He said the United States was helpless to take up Sudan on the offer directly: "We couldn't indict him then because he hadn't killed anybody in America. He hadn't done anything to us." (Only in 1996 would bin Laden's links to the first World Trade Center bombing and the Somali battle become known.)

It is not that he dint stop Osama, if the public doesn't care politicians wont care either, what is weird is he mentioning this 10 hours before the attack, how does this entered the talk? 10 hours before 9-11 Osama was of little importance to most.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's most likely that having OBL killed during Clinton's time in office probably wouldn't have prevented 9/11 or a different but similarly sized attack.

The simple truth of it is that the Islamist and Wahhabist movement was reaching a head of steam at the turn of the millenium and if it wasn't OBL, it'd have been someone else.

In any event, the significance of OBL is probably overplayed anyhow. The loosely affiliated jihadi groups termed 'al Qaeda' by the West were driven more by ideology than figureheads.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

what is weird is he mentioning this 10 hours before the attack, how does this entered the talk?

I would like to know too, bump

www.factcheck.org...
edit on 083131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't think you're following along too well. The irony the OP sees here is that Clinton made this statement 10 hrs before the event, not that he could have killed him then. Clinton could have killed him before he left office. ~shakes head and sees why the country is such a mess with a liberal running it. They have difficulty with even simple matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bush missed the opportunity as well. He had the same intelligence reports and weapon systems available to get Osama that Clinton had. Difference is Clinton is willing to be forth coming on the events. Bush was told the Osama was a threat too and ignored it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

who is bashing Clinton?

your very statement in your opening post....."What a coincidence to regret, or justify not killing Osama 10 hours before he did his worse act"......HE WASN'T PRESIDENT 10 HOURS BEFORE 9/11, HE WAS OUT OF OFFICE!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join