It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Needing Advice on E Cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hang in there and get through it! Just keep telling yourself that the negatives are your body trying to get you back on the cigs!

I've never been a smoker, but my grandfather was. He said quitting was always well worth it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Vaping and smoking are definitely two different things. You have to hit an e-cig "harder" than a cancer stick. Hard to explain it in writing to a hard-core smoker (and I was one). It's all about proper dose.

If you didn't toss your rig ... I'd encourage you to go back and give it one more try.

Hey buddy you were one of the people that helped me get this far.

I'm still going to try to make it work, I think I just need to try to find a different juice. It's a worthy pursuit in the end, and anything that helps a person get off the "cancer sticks" can't be that bad. I haven't had an entirely negative experience with e-cigs, they just weren't the magic solution I thought they would be. Maybe that's my own fault in the end (it usually is)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

This is the one I started on. It set me back $185 two years ago. I didn't see them up for sale in a quick Internet search.

The battery, on a full charge, lasts about 12 hours. The life-cycle of the battery was right around a year. None of the other parts ever failed. I get at least a month (more like 3) out of an atomizer (about $5). I'm not gonna talk about the price of the nicotine juice, because it's crazy cheap in America as to what I pay over here.

When this set of batteries go ... I'm going to upgrade. Everyone I know face-to-face, was disappointed in their cheaper initial purchases. A couple of folks who bought the exact same rig I have, tossed them as ineffective. Me, and another guy I work very closely with, have absolutely zero complaints ... and neither of us have touched a cigarette since starting.

I'd say smoking never affected my health ... so I can't claim any benefit. I don't 'stink' anymore and my wife appreciates that. There's my only plus. I don't save any money because the juice is so damned expensive. You'll probably save a lot switching from 2 packs a day.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think my biggest fear is the emotional factor. I have a bit of the arab temper anyway... and I know when I have tried to quit in the past I get... antsy to put it mildly.

Frankly, I want to be able to quit (because I cannot breathe), and still have Nenothtu keep me (because he is well worth being kept by!)

edit on 3-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

okay, I will look into that. Thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Curious ... are you using the higher nicotine content juice? The bottles I've purchased have an "H" on the label.

When I get a better vaporizer, I'm going to try scaling back. A buddy of mine came back from the States with this big gun that looked like a magic wand. He was the guy who introduced me to the model I'm currently on and I'm probably gonna keep following in his footsteps until I go cold turkey again. Last time I lasted 8 years ... and that oughta carry me into the grave (grin).

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I also had a cousin who was on chew. He was a trucker when he got into it. He finally managed to quit that habit after I don't know how long with the mint chew they have.

It can be done, but I am well aware that it is nowhere near easy. It takes a lot of will to do it and a lot of support and understanding from those around you.
edit on 3-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I smoked cigarettes for 28 years and and tried every pill, patch, and gum out there. Only E-cigarettes allowed me to stop smoking. I actually used a low nicotine patch and an e-cig (no nicotine) for a few months, and then switched to a nicotine based e-cig entirely.

I've tried quite a few, but I recommend vapor4life if you don't want to spend a ton of cash, they have larger batteries (zeus is nice) and offer pass-throughs-so you can charge and smoke at the same time. The thing you need to know is that you will have to purchase the juice, cartomizers and new batteries here and there. This co and others usually have great discounts though, we usually buy our juice and cartomizers with a 20-40% off coupon they email every week or two.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I found an excellent site for ordering and the owner is very knowledgeable and kind. Great customer service, easy ordering, great prices. I started using this place when i quit 14 months ago and have spent every penny here since.

www.theveteranvaper.com...

Personally, I have tried a few different styles and prefer the Joye eGo-C and EVO liquids. I only replaced 1 battery in over a year and it's because i dropped it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I see you started with the eGo also! The started kit i bought was exactly as shown above but about half of the price. I just bought one of the upgrade batteries and changed to the Aspire CE5 dual coil. The flavor is far and away better than with the original cartridge system the eGo comes with. And the Aspire is completely compatible (thread wise) with the eGo battery.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

some good advice here. Another tip is to stick at it because it may take a few bad experiences before you can enjoy it fully. Some of the juices can be horrendous for some and great for others. I started buying vg from the supermarket to dilute harsh juice, worked a treat. Also try a few different clearomisers. I find some juices harsh in kanger tanks while the same juice is mellow in an iclear 16.

Variable voltage and/or wattage mods will serve you well when starting out too.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Are we allowed to post links to e-cig vendors on here? If we are, I'l reply with a few amazing vendors I use. Amazing products fast shipping.

I recommend to start with you, you AVOID the cheap disposable/gas station ones. They are terrible, and will turn you off to vaping.

start with an ego-twist battery, or something similar. Start with a few delivery devices, such as a clearo (Aspire Nautilus). and maybe a bottom coil clearo (Evod BCC)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You can get an ego for about $13 and up, and a protank 2 for $10 they can hold any e-liquid, and 15mil of e-liquid for $5. When you order your e-liquid try to get 24 nic to help keep the urge to smoke down. The hardest cig to get away from is the first one in the morning. After you have gotten away from smoking cigs for a while you can try cutting back on the nic strength to wean yourself away from it so you aren't trading one habit for another. Good luck. You can do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Thanks for that! TDawg too!!
I quit for 6weeks first try, 3 weeks second time. I found tho vaping instead of smoking the oil coats your vocal cords and it messed my voice up some. Very weird. Currently I Vap indoors but it's not cutting it for times like when I've done some serious physical chore.

Say mowing the yard....vaping just doesn't cut it.

I've kept some nicotine juice on hand in case that was it, but naw....it's really not the same. I'm still trying to quit, it's just much slower going than I'd anticipated. Frustrating!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I got a Halo G6 starter kit, I think it was $45. Prior to using the Halo G6, I was smoking a little over half a pack a day. While using the e-cig, I had no cravings for normal cigarettes. After I finished the 5 cartomizers that came with the starter kit, I simply had no desire to smoke normal cigarettes anymore... Nor did I feel any need to continue vaping. Haven't smoked OR vaped in a few months now. Not sure how it happened, but the e-cig somehow rewired my brain to no longer desire cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: gortex

I'm hoping not to spend much, in other words, because I don't have much money to spend.

How about $5.00 ?

Disposable cherry flavour from Vapur with no nicotine.

Best one yet, it looks zackly like a regular cigarette.

Tastes like candy.

Nothing looks sillier than a huge steampunk looking bong hanging on a lanyard around your neck.

I haven't touched a cigarette in two years, and only pull out one of these when someone I'm with lights up.

I got over the nicotine addiction a year and a half ago, using Nicoderm patches, which were free from Health Canada.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have some ego twist 1000 or 1200 batteries so they hold a charge longer, kit, so two in the kit for recharging and they're great. But my favorite is my sons old one, he had a lava tube that all his bigger vials were leaking in it because he needs big clouds of mist, and so he now has a very large strong stainless steel expensive one he loves. Now I don't like those big vials either, I like the small slender one with almost a cigar tip on them, connected to the lavatube, its a perfect mist/smoke, ie. not too much mist for my asthma but just perfect. It has much more powerful batteries and if you do order a lavatube, you need to get the replacement batteries, ensure the kit has a recharger, and also, look for the little tubes like this: 510 clearomizer .

Thats what I find works best no leaks and tastes clean, dont have it turned up to make leaks and burnt taste.

Also it is an adjustment for some of us, not easy for some of us.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well as a non smoker reading this thread, and therefor having little

understanding of nicotine addiction ....

No. 1* I am curious as to why so little has been mentioned of nicotine patches?

No. 2* I have gained a new respect for my daughter a 20/40 a day smoker of

about 30 years who gave it up 'cold turkey' about 8 years ago!

To TDawgRex *quote*

"I still have to keep the hands busy"
you could take up knitting LOL....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In my opinion your going to want an ego starter kit. They're much closer to a cigarette smoke feel due to its vapor production. 18mg nicotine liquid with a higher vegetable glycerin to propylene glycol is what I prefer. 70/30 percent. My biggest tip is to avoid any tobacco flavors. I was constantly trying to compare it to a analog cig. Use fruity flavors, they taste better anyways. Imo. Some people notice a scratchy feeling in their throat at first. Partially due to pg content in the liquid and due to the fact that nicotine in vapor gets absorbed in the mouth and throat as apposed to the lungs. Good luck and don't get discouraged!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Horrible things. Not enough nicotine in them for some smoker, don't give a smoking sensation and if you're me, cause instant pressure and pain, pre stroke, shooting pain in neck and chest.

Then you have to cut them down, (which isn't recommended) and at that point, you have to smoke buts, or buy a pack of smokes and cut it up and smoke slivers (also not recommended) and try to cut it down really smoothly. Because jumping down too sharply by simply going from step 1 to step 2 in the patch, or an amount that is even 2 smokes causes days of hell. And maybe if you're alone, and can be cranky that is fine. But I'm in a house full of kids and shut in adult who fight as it is, so nope.

Then, in the end after you're off, which I did, for several months, and had such bad panic attacks would need psychiatric meds for anxiety just to function, made a decision. MY KIDS or health. KIDS WON. They need me fully functioning.

So esmokes are wonderful. Quitting isn't even necessary. Can smoke what you want without the same health risks.

Dopamine apparently doesnt bounce back in half of smokers after they quit, I found out and they're the ones who can't quit.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join