It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Needing Advice on E Cigarettes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hello to all you experienced folks on ATS! And good Sunday morning to you (or whatever time you happen to be reading this!)

So, I am shopping for my first electronic cigarette starter pack whatever this morning, because I plan on using this method to quit smoking, as others have said it worked great for them... so now I'm ready.

I need advice though - seriously. Does all the nicotine work in all the starter packs (ie: does brand matter) I saw some e cig starter kits on eBay at good prices, but they don't come with the nicotine... so how does that work? Can I buy one brand of e cig and another brand of nicotine?

Anyway, just needing whatever purchasing advice anyone can give. I'm taking the plunge!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

My advice to you would be go to your local shop and buy a cheap e-cig starter kit to see if it works for you, if you have a local Vape shop even better as they will advise you on what's best for you.

I've been tobacco free for 12 months now and I'm just using a cheap OK e-cig from Asda (wallmart) , at some point I will get something better but it's worked for me this long so I'm in no rush to change.

Good luck with your journey and remember you will still need a little will power , I have friends who started vaping but it wasn't exactly like smoking so they went back to normal cigs but if you want to quit e-cigs are the way to go.

edit on 3-8-2014 by gortex because: Speeling and Grandma

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm up in the mountains right now. No vape shops here. It's the mountains that is making me say... omg I HAVE to quit! (cannot breathe...lol)

But online for me right now is probably the best bet because of the location I'm in... which is why I am asking if brand matters - can you buy any old e cig to go with any nicotine?

I'm hoping not to spend much, in other words, because I don't have much money to spend.
edit on 3-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

With a starter pack, i would suggest getting something that does not limit your options on your source of e-juice. There are many e-cig vendors that will try and corner you into only purchasing pre-filled cartridges, or proprietary equipment.

There are 3 main components to any e-cig. The power source, the atomizer, and the juice. The standard I like to use is 510 with all my parts. This is a description of the type of threads that the battery component uses, and the treads that the atomizer uses. Since 510 is fairly standard for many manufacturers, you have the opportunity to pick and chose your peices with the peace of mind of knowing that it will screw in to the parts you already own, without the need for an adapter.

I do not know the rules when it comes to linking specific sites here, so I will U2U you a couple sites I use regularly so that you can check them out.

As far as atomizers go, i prefer a tank system. This allows you to purchase juice from anywhere, with whatever nicotine content, flavor, or ingredients you might like, and from any vendor you might like. There are plug and play options that allow you to just fill it, screw it in and go, or there are options where you can coil your own wire and never have to replace anything other than the wire and cotton.

The best thing you can do is get something and get started. Once you get a feel for how it all works together, you will be able to better make a decision of what you want to try next. Some people like cartomizers, while others like CE2, or dripping. Finding your own personal preference is part of the journey and part of the fun.

Good luck with your E-Cig endeavor!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Cool... Looking forward to your U2U...!

and THANK YOU!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
where do you go to get gas? any large convenience store will carry a brand. I picked up the brand they had, which was blu cig, and it cost about 70 for the starter kit. that gave me a home charger, 2 blu cig atomizers, and a usb charger which I put in my car. theres car chargers you can plug usb into. my rule of thumb was I started with a new one in the morning, then "smoked" that same one through out the day. transferring the tank from my car atomizer to my home one and back again. I did this for a couple weeks, then started using the same one for every 2 days. tried the 1.5 but that didn't work so well. from 2 days, I went to 3, then 5, then the entire week, finally I stopped charging them and just puffed on a dead one. nothing at all, yes felt like a jackass, but after a year of that, I could stop holding it and move on. My hardest thing was finding something to do with my hand. that's why I puffed on a dead one for so long. Cheers.

Camain

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

This is what I use , nice and cheap.
www.ok-ecig.com...

You can find reviews of various brands on youtube which I found useful , if you're buying online I would buy direct from the manufacturer website after choosing the one you want.

There are many people on ATS that vape and have a better understanding of the better equipment than I so I guess you will get plenty of good advice.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I looked at the gas station and they didn't have any.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow, that is cheap! Everything I have seen so far is more expensive. MUCH more expensive!

Too bad we are not in the same country!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I say go for it, but my experience with e-cigs was not a positive one. I went into it expecting it to be a magical fix to my addiction, and it was anything but. The price is right if you can make it work for you, but for me it didn't taste or feel like a real cigarette (despite what everyone else had told me). I found myself furiously puffing on my expensive new e-cig while still smoking cigarettes. It helped me to reduce my count and not much else.

Sorry for the negative review but I feel like the other side should be talked about since I found so many glowing reviews here that largely impacted my decision to give e-cigs a try. Currently, my e-cig sits at home on my desk when I go to work and my smoking has actually increased. Could be stress related, I don't know. Either way, I did not find it worked for me as a magic bullet to quit smoking, and I would suggest you temper your expectations.

For some people it works right away. I was not one of them. It still requires a lot of willpower and if you are a long time smoker you may find you have trouble making the switch as I did, and discover that despite the fact you are still getting the nicotine, the taste and "feel" isn't the same.

Good luck with quitting. I know I still need it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Too bad we are not in the same country!

As far as I'm aware they are an American brand so you'll be able to get them over there

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I have needed to quit for a long time - and have tried many things. I will be honest, I smoke two packs a day of marlboro reds, and even cutting down for me is seemingly impossible.

I have tried chantix (I think that's how you spell it), which worked the best and I actually quit for three months, but then stress caused me to go back to smoking, and when I tried to go ahead and get back on the chantix the side effects were worse and I was so sick I couldn't move without puking.

So I just continued to smoke.

Now as everyone probably knows, Nenothtu and I just moved back to where he was raised - in the mountains. I CANNOT breathe here. It's from smoking for so long... I know. On our way up here, Nenothtu bought snuff (because he knows you cannot smoke up here!), and he gets his nicotine that way... well I'm a woman, and I'll be darned if I start chewing tobacco!

So I remembered the e Cigarettes everyone talks about - and know more than anything I HAVE to give it a go. I cannot breathe, its that simple. The hand to mouth is a big thing for me, and the nicotine itself, quite frankly, I'm addicted to it.

I think the e Cigarettes has a good chance to help me, seriously. I'm not expecting a miracle, and from trying to quit in the past I know most of quitting is me... well, I'm clearly motivated. I feel like I'm going to die if I cannot clear my lungs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well it can't hurt to try!

I just know I thought it was going to be a smooth transition based on all the things I read here, and it wasn't for me. Just a personal experience. Could be different for you and I hope it is!

Always better to stop putting toxic crap in our bodies and there is much less of it in e-cigs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Don't rush. U2U me if you like.

How much money are you willing to spend? How much effort are you willing to put into quitting cigarettes?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I havnt read the other posts, but my advice is get one with a strong battery. im sorry i dont know the voltage on the one im using. But the weaker the battery the more you have to pull/suck on it to get a drag.
My first one wasnt strong and i was sucking the life out of it

The one i use now is VIP, excellent e-cigarette it is

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Here's to hoping!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Vaping and smoking are definitely two different things. You have to hit an e-cig "harder" than a cancer stick. Hard to explain it in writing to a hard-core smoker (and I was one). It's all about proper dose.

If you didn't toss your rig ... I'd encourage you to go back and give it one more try.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I was a smoker for just short of 30 years and like you decided I needed to quit , after about a month on the e-cig I noticed a difference in my breathing , that re-enforced my determination to quit tobacco for good , 12 months in and I can safely say I will never smoke tobacco again.

If you want to quit they are a pain free way to do it , you're addicted to nicotine not smoke and e-cigs give you the nicotine you need in a safer way.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Well, from the looks of the internet I'm willing to spend 50 bucks to start - including the nicotine.

100% effort! To calm my nerves a bit we can make a tea that is good for bad nerves, my husband knows what plants to use for it that grow wild here... so I'm thinking this will help the most anxious moments.

But yeah... I am willing to do whatever it takes, at this point! My lungs feel so bad right now I'm almost willing to try cold turkey, but I think Nenothtu might like to live through the ordeal!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well, another small negative review for e-cigs. My tale is very similar to DeadSeraphs. Though the e-cig did help me cut back, it also made my throat quite raw and sore.

Against my own better judgement though I powered through it, maybe the sore throat helped with my cutting back. Now I'm in camains shoes and puffing on a dead e-cig as I still have to keep the hands busy.

Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join