It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove your God exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Alright. Gonna try this. Please read the rules, and obey the.

Rules:
1. No referencing any religious texts OR quoting scriptures.
2. No referencing 'miracles', they happen in all religions.
3. Post what you personally believe. Do NOT attack others beliefs.
4. Keep it civil. Keep it polite. Stay on topic.

I am Wiccan, or a close approximation of. It is my belief that a higher power DOES exist, yet our mortal minds are FAR too simple to even come close to understanding The Divine; which is what I call said Higher Power. I also believe that peoples faith in whatever belief they have gives them power.

I am against organized religion, as it has cost more lives than all other causes we've gone to war over combined. Ultimately, I believe The Divine is a being of love, and that we should strive to emulate this aspect in everything we do. Our world hasn't nearly enough love.

I'm one of the few who can admit I've honestly got absolutely NO (0) evidence that my higher power exists. Let's see what others have to say. Please remember to obey the aforementioned rules!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I follow zen and shinto .. moving along the path to enlightenment .. this is but one of many lifetimes along the way ..

Have neither need nor use for western religion and its "god" thats an excuse for them to butcher each other over nothing ..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Interesting subject to think about on this thunder and lightening morning in the west.

I think if I could prove my higher power existed, it would mean the entity would be made of matter and blood. Just another disappointment. I would rather believe in the one I have pictured in my mind since childhood.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I'm NOT a Wiccan. I don't know what I am.

But ... I could repeat your post almost word for word. You don't need 'religion' to get yourself there. You just need to see the signs. The Divine is tangible, but there's no physical way to grasp it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
1. You must first understand the difference between faith and knowing - it is at the endless pit between faith and knowing that all discussions fundamented in empirical evidence ends.

2. The only thing any self-aware being can truely know is that he/she exists - everything else is based on faith. Those that are not self-aware do not even know that.

So, you see - the discussion of any proof besides once exisitance is certainly a downfall.

-MM

edit on 3-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Prove your God exists.

I, within my self is my God - I is me, I am alive - therefore my God exists.

Proof enough??

... unless I'm a Bot.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A supernatural being cannot be proven in this natural world.

All beliefs are about faith, even the faith in science. I believe all belief systems have truths that can be proven, but the ultimate truths cannot. Not in this world anyway. Which is why it is silly we argue over these things. Its a personal choise and should be respected even if not understood.

Religion is a great excuse for war. Not all 'religious' wars were truthfully about religion. Its usually people using it as a tool to get what they want.
Look at the ISIS leader, with his rolex. Obviously his religion is not that important to9 him yet he uses it to justify his slaughter.
edit on 3-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My God is Human Imagination,

The Human Imagination is the creator all beliefs of all Gods and Divine Entity's,

It is capable of destroying all it is capable of creating,this includes Gods and Divine Entity's beware those who intend to threaten it, yet, welcome those who intend to cherish and embrace it, for the human imagination is the shadow and the light within us all.

Your proof is the device with which you read these sacred words.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Lets start with the premise that something can not come from nothing. This assumption means that the universe came from something, or was created at some point. This something could have been the singularity exploding (the big bang) science has theorized, some form of a single sentient entity (God), a race of sentient beings (Gods/super advanced life forms) or any other idea a person could come up with.

With this assumption, there are many possibilities as to what started the universe, and later, life on earth. However, this is not the point I am attempting to make here. Going back to the original assumption, that something can not come from nothing, the singularity, the God, or the race of Gods, would have had to come from something as well. Repeat this Ad infinitum, because every origin would require a cause, which would then require its own cause, so on and so forth.

Since we are unable to obtain enough evidence to determine, without doubt, the cause of the creation of our current universe, we are only able to study one link in the chain. Even if evidence did come forward that showed one single entity, or group of entities, was responsible, we would still not know what the cause of that entity was. The search for truth will never end, and there will always be some new creator, or cause to discover.

Using this thought process a person could safely say that there is no single "God", or race of "Gods" because even if proven without a shadow of a doubt, there would still be the question of what created the creators.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Just to clarify, my above post does not intend to support religion. I believe our beliefs are a personal thing, books like the Bible and Koran can help those who believe that direction and guide them.

Problem is when men get together and start interpreting these beliefs to suit their needs and these so called priests and immams then tell people what to believe thus it is no longer a personal relationship, but a governed one to fit an agenda.
Jesus hated religion for thi8s very reason. Not sure what other popular beliefs have to say about religion (being told what to believe by others).

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
A supernatural being cannot be proven in this natural world.

All beliefs are about faith, even the faith in science. I believe all belief systems have truths that can be proven, but the ultimate truths cannot.

I have been taught and accept that you cannot know what you believe, you can believe what you believe yet once known it ceases to be belief and becomes knowledge, hence the fear of most religions when it comes to knowledge of the truth by their followers.

Knowledge is the destroyer of belief.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
Lets start with the premise that something can not come from nothing. This assumption means that the universe came from something, or was created at some point. This something could have been the singularity exploding (the big bang) science has theorized, some form of a single sentient entity (God), a race of sentient beings (Gods/super advanced life forms) or any other idea a person could come up with.

With this assumption, there are many possibilities as to what started the universe, and later, life on earth. However, this is not the point I am attempting to make here. Going back to the original assumption, that something can not come from nothing, the singularity, the God, or the race of Gods, would have had to come from something as well. Repeat this Ad infinitum, because every origin would require a cause, which would then require its own cause, so on and so forth.

Since we are unable to obtain enough evidence to determine, without doubt, the cause of the creation of our current universe, we are only able to study one link in the chain. Even if evidence did come forward that showed one single entity, or group of entities, was responsible, we would still not know what the cause of that entity was. The search for truth will never end, and there will always be some new creator, or cause to discover.

Using this thought process a person could safely say that there is no single "God", or race of "Gods" because even if proven without a shadow of a doubt, there would still be the question of what created the creators.

I would respectfully disagree.

Using this thought process would prove there is a god. We cannot keep going back and back saying 'but what created this....then what created this'. This would go on forever, which seems illogical to some like me (I know this is the point where our understanding may differ, but thats cool). Therefore doesnt it seem that whatever is responsible for this must have some forn of eternal quality ie. living outside of time..which is a part of our universe, we are talking about something outside of our universe, could this mean eternal, from our perspective anyway? (if you are outside of time looking in, could you see it all at once?, from our perspective you would not need a cause because there is no time, no beginning, no end....hard to imagine, but that is what we are told in many scriptures of different beliefs.....and I like that idea)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

If an entity could exist outside of time, or in other words, could have always existed, then so could the universe in its many states. What you propose does not lean one way or the other. Based on the evidence available right now, the universe could have always existed and was never created, negating the need for a "God" just as much as the "God" you propose could have always existed and was never created. This leaves us exactly where we already are.

Edit to add: I had another thought while pondering what you posted. What are the chances that this timeless entity you have proposed is not just a single entity, but instead a member of a race of entities. Would it not be equally as possible for this timeless entity to have parents, peers, and elders that also exist outside of time? If this was true, wouldn't this entity be better classified as a higher life form, instead of a "God"? Humans would be looked at as gods from the perspective of ants, if they had the reasoning ability humans have, but I am sure we can agree that humans are not gods. How would we be able to determine the difference between a highly advanced/higher plane entity and a god?

When we really don't know, anything is possible. I do not claim to know the answer one way or the other, so do not mistake my questions for challenges. I appreciate the reply and am enjoying this discussion.
edit on 8/3/2014 by xDeadcowx because: ETA

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: pennydrops

If an entity could exist outside of time, or in other words, could have always existed, then so could the universe in its many states. What you propose does not lean one way or the other. Based on the evidence available right now, the universe could have always existed and was never created, negating the need for a "God" just as much as the "God" you propose could have always existed and was never created. This leaves us exactly where we already are.

Im talking about things outside the universe.

Time is understood to be a part of this universe, therefore our universe logically must have had a beginning. As has everything in it. That is what time does.

If outside of time, outside the universe. A god cannot create the universe if it is already in it. (unimaginable to us, as we are in the time bubble...the universe) do you have a beginning? Having a beginning is a reference to time.....but there is no time outside the universe which is where a god must be.........this is like an episode of star trek

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My Creator exists in the beauty of the trees, the sky and the animals. He/She loves each and every one of you, no matter which Religion/God you choose to follow...or not follow, as the choice is yours.

You are loved solely because you exist as part of a stunning tapestry of diversity in this world, more interwoven than you know; with the chance to co-exist, by only choosing to allow the harmony.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
My Creator exists in the beauty of the trees, the sky and the animals. He/She loves each and every one of you, no matter which Religion/God you choose to follow...or not follow, as the choice is yours.

You are loved solely because you exist as part of a stunning tapestry of diversity in this world, more interwoven than you know; with the chance to co-exist, by only choosing to allow the harmony.

Thats nice, I like that.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think the title of this thread may put people off it a little. Makes it sound like it is a thread is a Richard Dawkins like minded thread, which is is not....just sayin.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Your the proof my God exists...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Except what do you really know? What we think we know changes all the time as we learn that what we thought we know isn't actually what is. So, this takes us back to the realm of belief.

Just within my lifetime, T. Rex went from a sluggish, painfully upright walking dinosaur who lived in a perpetually swampy world to something else entirely and now, they are debating whether or not he might be scavenger and not the fierce meat eater we all thought he was. Are they right this time? How may more guises will T. Rex wear before I die ... or after?

So how much is truly what I know and what I believe that I know?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iam God so there's my proof I do exist.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join