It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion at Oil & Chemical Plant in TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A massive fire is burning at the Marcus Oil and Chemical plant in Houston, TX after a large explosion or explosions occurred. The blast blew out windows in nearby buildings and may injured parishioners at a church across the street. There were initially believed to be several injuries amongst plant employees, but it appears the three people on duty managed to escape. Two firefighters suffered from minor injuries. Officials do not yet know what caused the explosion but as of yet do not call it "suspicious."

abclocal.go.com
The two-alarm fire is burning at the Marcus Oil and Chemical plant, a wax technology company located on 14549 Minetta Street. That's near the intersection of Fondren and South Main.

Both Houston police and firefighters are being told to stay back because they're not certain what chemicals may be burning in the fire. There have been reports of injuries, including injuries to three employees at the plant, but at this point but we're not certain the extent of those injuries.

Several church members were reportedly injured at the Deliverance Church located near the plant.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Firefighting and rescue efforts were being hampered by the burning chemicals in the plant. After several hours, the blaze was finally extinguished.

Related Information:
Live Houston Police & Fire Scanner

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here's a link with slideshow:

www.houstonchronicle.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So i guess the obvious question is: any suspicious circumstances involved with the explosion?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i live about 20 miles from this place, its had explosions before, but never this bad. also, epa rated them as average. seems it was just something that was waiting to happen. it was actually pretty big, fire covering a square block. explosions heard as much as 50 miles away..honestly i heard it myself, but had no idea what it was at the time.

top topics

join