It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creatine Monohydrate-Workout Supplements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Looking to see who has had good luck with cetain workout supplements...be it creatine, beta alanine, pro-hormones etc...I get really good results with c4 extreme but just throwing my feelers out there...don't need to here from members who appose supplmentation for the purpose of putting on muscle...no offense
edit on 2-8-2014 by chrismarco because: monohydrate missing the e

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Try HerbalLife.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

what has your experience been with this product???

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Rejuvenating, better then all of those "pre-workout"/ "workout" supplements, go to the website and you will find out a lot about it. Using it has basically changed my life. and I work out less, gain more muscle and loose more body fat then I have ever in my whole life. And I was a gym supplement user for a few years.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I got my muscle working construction and drinking beer after work. Isn't there a food source instead of these supplements?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've used mutant mass before but it makes you're bellie feel like its full of cement but got good gains off it

Used PHD aswell but it is overpriced but got a butt load of products

I've seen and read about herballife and will most probably use this when get my motivation back to start the gym again

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you're looking for muscle mass. All you need is a whole lot protein powder and creatine. Creatine supplements definitely help. And look for Protein Powder with the most BCAA's in it as you can. Or look for the 'Isolate' stuff. This stuff is designed to be broken down really slowly by the body instead of just being metabolized and passed....But the crap is very expensive.

Expect to pay like 20$ for some protein powder that will last a week if not less lol. I bought supplements for a long time and they definitely help your workout but the prices are killer...

That herbalife stuff sounds pretty amazing though. I'd definitely look into it - I always prefer more natural things.
edit on 2-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Does anyone know why they package these supplements in such over-sized plastic containers

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Creatine is the the best bang for your buck! its cheap and last forever, I use Wildbull but they are all the same.

Protein this is where you need to spend more to get quality, I try and have 200g of protein a day, from oats, chicken breast, broccoli, nuts, steak and i substitute the rest with Ascend's WPI, i have tried alot of proteins and found this is the best by far (for me), easy to mix, no fillers and it taste great. Plus you get a shirt.

I have tried preworkout, there ok, but i find if i need a lift, an ipod with some good punk helps alot better.

Oh and about slow and fast proteins, you want to take fast, and you want it right after your workout when your muscles need feeding.
Slow protein is good to take before bed, because your body is not getting any nutrients when you sleep, this will stop muscle degradation.
edit on 2-8-2014 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Creatine gave me serious stomach aches and I lost a CRAPLOAD of weight when I stopped using it.

I'm talking like 6kg/13.5lbs in like 2 months, despite eating the same. Maybe, that's just me, but I stay away from most of that crap now.

Seriously, the only supplement you need alongside GOOD FOOD is a homemade shake of high quality protein powder, fine-powdered oats, perhaps some eggs and a good quality milk. You can also throw in some nuts.

I don't think we have half a scooby how much we're screwing with our internal systems, even in the slightest of ways, by throwing doses of specific compounds into there. Weightlifting alone massively shocks the system as it is.

That's my advice at least. I had my best results when I focused strictly on good diet. I also found most of these products can have actual adverse effects when coming off from long-time use.

Edit: I will also vouch that several mates of mine have had good success (or claim to have) with HerbaLife products, but I refused to take them myself so I can't really say much more than that.

Edit2: I've fluxed in weight on purpose from 62kg/140lbs to 76kg/170lbs as I used to box and was 'trying out' things so to say, so I do know what I'm talking about to an extent when it comes to gaining/losing mass.
edit on 2-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Creatine gave me serious stomach aches and I lost a CRAPLOAD of weight when I stopped using it.

I dont think that was the creatine buddy.
Even if you’re not a weight lifter, creatine is one of the most researched supplements in history.

It’s a combination of amino acids produced by the liver, kidney, and pancreas. Creatine is naturally found in muscle and in red meat and fish, you cannot overdose from creatine the excess just passes through your urine.

Creatine is essential for lifting helping your muscles build phospocreatine, which gives you the ability to perform better at shorter, intense strength-building exercises. There’s a reason that bodybuilders and powerlifters love creatine, and this is it. Supplementing with creatine you start to gain significant muscle mass and strength in myogenic satellite cells, which are important in the regeneration and overall maintenance of skeletal muscle.

Seriously, the only supplement you need alongside GOOD FOOD is a homemade shake of high quality protein powder, fine-powdered oats, perhaps some eggs and a good quality milk. You can also throw in some nuts.

Totally agree with you there , a supplement is when you are unable to have good food when needed, for example pre and prior to a work out, i cannot cook a steak on the run, im an applications engineer on the go all the time a good protein (no fillers) fills the void, tops up the amino acids and protein levels.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

with the exception of just pure creatine a lot of the protein powders and others have a crap load of filler in them...I have been working out for a long time and tried everything and I mean everything...Creatine has been my go to for several years...just curious as to what other folks are using...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Actually if you take too much creatine you will get some serious stomach discomfort and the runs...you don't want to go overboard on this stuff on a date...

I also had some kidney pain when taking Gaspari's Size On some years ago...it would happen about a couple of weeks into it..I'm prone to kidney stones so my doctor told me to take a break from creatine for a bit...took about 6 miserable months off of it and all was well..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Looking good my friend...thanks for the heads up

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Creatine

Beta Alanine

Protein - 1g per pound of body weight per day

Cut out processed and preserved foods, soda, added sugar, etc

Watch calories, myfitnesspal helps big time

Beachbody shakeology daily - I was skeptical but it's an easy meal and mixed with additional protein, fruit, Raw almond butter and Raw Virgin coconut oil it's a perfect meal

Organic free range white meat or grass fed organic red meat -game meat too

I do p90x, p90x2 and p90x3 daily - rotating them all.

Bust your butt and realize diet and calories/quality of calories are 70% of the battle.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vester73

you know I could see the possibility of cutting out some processed food but you lost me at p90x...well done sir, well done

top topics

join