It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Due to my young age, I am not really all that aware of past weather events, patterns and such.

Over the past week (and the week before that), I've noticed about 7+ storms (depressions, storms under investigations, etc) that have formed in the pacific.

One that I've been monitoring just turned into a super typhoon with winds up to 250 kph (155 MPH).
The storms over the past week also played follow the leader and formed quite an alignment that I admired.

My question is simply: Is it normal for storms to form at such normal in such a small period of time? Could it be cause this is an active hurricane/typhoon season?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Pacific weather rarely effects me, unless a typhoon hits the Baja, which gives us a ton of rain here. Atlantic weather....i am familiar with.

This is the season for northern hemisphere hurricanes/typhoons. They will form at regular intervals along the equator. In the Atlantic, they roll off the Horn of Africa and gain strength as they cross the Atlantic. The warm ocean waters fuel them.

Just keep watching it over the upcoming years.
It is fairly interesting to observe and study up on. Although I am the worlds worst weatherman.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yep .. its fairly typical .. theres always been bit of variation in the number formed during a season ..

new topics

join