It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New work - Surreal landscapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
These are a few of the newer surreal sea/landscapes based off one I posted in a previous thread, I am showing them in my first gallery show next month (Aug)... They are oil on canvas:

I am finally finding more serious venues and outlets for my art, and I'm glad people are seeing it!

Thank you for looking!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Nice work, and congrats on your first gallery show!
I wish you the best of luck, not that you'll need it!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Nice colors and composition. I like it. Kind of reminds of The Codex Seraphinianus. Good luck on your show.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Those paintings are beautiful!
Congratulations on your first gallery show.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They look great. Amazing colours well done and good luck.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Nice paintings and congrats on your first show.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you for the support and replies.

The Codex Seraphinianus is pretty amazing work, thanks for the reference Skunkape, I was influenced by the earlier technical drawings of life on earth I guess. Some of the very first drawings of birds of paradise and orchids are so surreal they dont seem real.

I think I will still need a small degree of luck as Seattle just doesn't have the gallery scene to support all the artists here, yet we do have other resources, like artist grants and nonprofit orgs and rent controlled artist lofts/studios.

Even though Ive painted for a long time, I'm new to the artist's working world; networking and finding galleries and such.

This series is loaded in my car and I'm hanging it at the gallery tonight, and I couldn't be more excited!

Thank you all for the kind words and input!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I just finished hanging my show and am so excited for the opening, here's a shot of my work hanging:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow I just spotted your art after getting bored on ats and looking at the forums page. Really awesome work, well done you. I hope your show went well, it feels good to have people you don't know looking at your creations, even if none sold you have opened people's eyes and expanded their world. Excellent.a reply to: Aliquandro

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow... Awesome! I love your line work and choice of colors. I'm terrified of color choices like that in my own work. You can always tell when someone is having fun with their creations. I don't even need to ask you, glad you had a blast!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Your art made me smile. It is very fun to look at and you are truly talented. Thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Thank you for your kind words! I LOVE to show my work.

That particular show sold nothing, but that series has sold 3 pieces so far, and it's moving from a classy massage clinic to a high end salon next month. My fish have sold best tho, I should post a thread of them

The work I'm most proud of is my Bunnies vs. Pandas series, which tells a kinda Taoist version of good vs evil. I have almost 30 pieces ready and am now planning on releasing it as a fine art graphic novel.

I think I gotta get busy posting.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: celtmason26

I'm not afraid of colors, and since I use oils it's easier to work with your mistakes. I mostly didn't pay attention to the rules as much as I just paint to make it 'feel' right.

I have so much fun I can't stop creating new directions, each of which ends up a large body of work that finds a pertinent venue for the subject matter. It means it keeps creating more fun, and honestly it's HIGHLY addictive

Thank you SO much for checking my art out.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepRomani

Thank you very much, it's powerful to make people smile... and it took me some time to come to grips with my skills. I need to create some seriously worthy and powerful work in my lifetime, and the path is directly in front of me with eyes wide open.

I promise ATS I will post a new thread of my art this weekend! You deserve to see wonderful things

new topics

top topics

join