It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian official burns Obama with Putin-leopard pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Russia is turning to Twitter to drop a sissy bomb on President Obama, using photos to challenge the manliness of America's commander in chief, while pumping up their main man, President Vladimir Putin.

The post by Russia's deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin included side-by-side images of the two presidents. In one, Putin is confidently holding a majestic leopard. In the other, a notably younger Obama is holding a small, fluffy dog.

First, let me apologize for having the worst thread topic to date: Obama, Putin and their furry animals friends. Sorry.

But I thought I would share this because I think it really highlights how diplomacy has become a joke, of sorts. A pot shot on twitter? Really? One's "manliness" does make one a better leader...it's their intelligence and wit. So I find this to be a lame move on the part of the Russians.

I will say though...Putin has a nice cat!

Source

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The memes Obama vs. Putin have created are endless...

I have been surprised several times in the last few months at how some governments, including our own (and agencies under their umbrella) are using social media. It's almost like watching preschoolers fight at times.

While I do giggle from time to time about it, I do have to wonder what others around the world think of it when they see it. I imagine they are laughing as well. That's probably not a good thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is not a joke, this is Psyops 101, to 'DIMINISH' the perspective of another is one of the most effective instigation's you can accomplish in a war of hearts and minds....

Great pick up.

edit on 02ub312014p31pm by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ah man im so disapointed, when i read the title i was imagining putin with no shirt on wresling a cheetah lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Politics would be amusing in their ridiculously childish charades if only they weren't playing with people's livelihoods and lives!

The UK government has 'Parliament' which is just televised name calling and guffawing mostly from old men in suits.

Putin is well known for putting his macho image out there, riding horses bareback and naked from the waist up save for a cowboy hat. Having Night Wolves biker packs as security etc. I guess the Russian male ego is more about strength, machismo, and obvious heterosexuality than the average Politician.

Obama on the other hand is a suit, he looks, dresses and acts like an office boy type, so naturally the 'action man' in Putin might find a way of making a jibe about the 'softer' style of Obama, which like Putin's machismo, is all PR, just of another sort. Holding fluffy animals is obviously PR speak for 'trust' and 'family values' and is perhaps even more dishonest.

edit on 1-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's childish.
Putins photo ops are ridiculous, a joke actually. Anyone who buys into that crap has (imo) either left the path of wisdom/reality, or is dim- witted enough to be taken by rudimentary propaganda.
edit on 1-8-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
It's childish.
Putins photo ops are ridiculous, a joke actually. Anyone who buys into that crap has (imo) either left the path of wisdom/reality, or is dim- witted enough to be taken by rudimentary propaganda.

You say it's childish yet them many ATS'ers claim that the masses are sheeple, to the sheeple it's symbolic, me strong, you weak, the pope, I have a billion people believe in my crazy crap, me strong you and your reasoning weak.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks OP I had a really good laugh .Aside from furry friends I hear that Putin drives a Harley as well . The Big Obama I hear drives a Yamaha golf cart . :>)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Actually, all 'real men' laugh their asses off at sissy-men. You know ... you've done it. Even women do it.

This is a back office joke that slipped out. I'd hate to be 0bama.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It's been going on since there've been politics.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Obama sucks but at least he doesn't feel the constant urge to compensate.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I must be a total sissy then.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You are mistaken. Putin Rides bear!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I may have missed this in the comments, but after the laugh I was hit with a serious thought. This hasn't been done before because people had respect and fear in their relations with the US. If Russia thought they were going to get slapped in some way they wouldn't have done it.

Perhaps not surprisingly, the "Cowboy Bush" was more respected in the middle-east than Obama for two main reasons. One, people believed Bush would do what he said he was going to do, and two, everyone knew Bush would use military force if he thought it was needed.

The difference with Obama is easily seen in one stroke, the Syrian "Red Line."

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well, heres our fearless leaders past and present.

Julia

and now

Tony

Sigh

Regards

Bally

new topics

top topics

join