It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help the Assyrian People of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am here to raise awareness and to ask for your help ATS. This issue is being swept under the rug but many mainstream media outlets and it should be heard world wide. There is a genocide happening in Iraq. A cleansing of the ethnic indigenous minority. I am an Assyrian. The Assyrians have been around for over 6000 years and inhabiting Iraq since the days of Mesopotamia. On the contrary to what the Bible says, we are not murdering lunatics. We are in fact the first nation to convert to Christianity. I know Christianity leaves a negative taste in the mouth of ATS but we are peaceful people. We have been living alongside our Muslim brothers and sisters for a long time. We are not a part of the Roman church and we never took part in any violence, only to defend ourselves.

The Assyrians were allies of the west during World War 1. At that time, we were caught in another genocide. 2/3 of our population was killed trying to escape the Ottomon and Kurdish empire. The British empire made us a promise to cut us off a piece of our home land when the war was won. Unfortunately, they also promised the land to other nations. From that day my people were left in Limbo. We are now in diaspora and our numbers are dwindling. We are less than 2 million world wide and decreasing in numbers.

I am not here as an Assyrian but as a human being. We must help each other. If we don't help each other than one day when you need help you will see others turn their backs. No human should ever have to witness his wife and daughters being raped than killed. No human should have to witness the suffering these people are enduring. And you may think this fight is not yours but you are sadly mistaken. The war is going to spread around the world. It is not a matter of if but when. I think that the "when" will be very soon if we let a Caliphate take hold in the Middle East. Success is the biggest recruiting tool. The weak minded Sunni's will follow the Caliphate. There are a lot of Sunni's in the US and Europe. Just note, I am in no way saying Sunni's are the problem, I a few good Sunni friends. ISIS is the problem, extremism is the problem, and the fact they are succeeding is the problem. Everyone wants to be a part of something successful.

##snipped##

edit on 1-8-2014 by Equinox99 because: Typo.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post. use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Sat Aug 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How about we help our own citizens first.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Equinox99

So more troops in Iraq?

I'm sympathetic to the Assyrian people and know the history... I am however, confused as to what you would like us to write congress about.

ISIS specifically?

I never thought I'd legitimately use this phrase, but help me to help you.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

We would like to raise awareness about the Assyrian situation. In 2003 there were 65,000 Assyrians living Mosul. After the occupation began, that number dropped to 35,000. There is 0 Christians left in Mosul. Many of these guys were given 4 ultimatums; 1) Convert 2) Pay a tax 3) Leave 4) die. Those who chose to leave were robbed for everything at ISIS check points.

We need congress to be aware that help is needed to the Christian communities in Iraq. We need Congress to get up off their buts and ask the UN to secure a location where my people can be safe. There needs to be a safe haven in Iraq protected until we can grow and secure our own borders.

We need to secure a UN safe zone for the people fleeing Iraq.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

You are absolutely right and I am a big believer in helping our own citizens first. But by doing nothing you are putting your citizens in greater harm. When the Caliphate takes hold and people see success, it will be much easier to recruit world wide. That means a campaign of terror around the world.

When good people watch evil rape and murder, they become just as guilty. We have the power to help these innocent people. If you choose not to help than that is your choice. Just remember, when ISIS comes to murder your door, you had a chance to nip the problem in the bud but you chose not to act.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Being a Brit I would like to appologise for the false promises of our politicians 100 years ago. You, like the Kurds and Jews deserved a homeland from where you can fight for your rights when threatened anywhere on Planet earth, The Jews got their wish, Kurds didn't neither did the Assyrians.

Can you not move to Kurdish areas? I watched on TV the Christians finding safety there. It really stinks when you are the original Christian communities that go back right back to before Europe and America became Christians. I hope you don't get cleansed from your regions just ike the Jews were from Syria and Iraq, the original Abrahamic communities steamrolered by this relatively new religion called Islam. I feel for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Here are some links,

U.S. Officials: Ending Islamic State’s Persecution of Christians Is ‘Top Priority’ of Obama Admin.
www.theblaze.com...

Posted 2014-07-29 16:55 GMT

Washington -- Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) today again took to the House floor to speak out for the Christians and other religious minorities who are being systematically targeted for extinction in Iraq:

www.aina.org...

Sen. Rob Portman: Obama Must Protect Christians in Iraq

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...

I will contact my congressmen and pray for you, Equinox99.

edit on 053131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am aware of Rep. Frank Wolf, he is serving the greater good. I am very appreciative of what he has done. He is fighting hard along with Anna Eshoo who is also of Assyrian descent.

@ ufoorbhunter

That is what is happening. I am very thankful of the Kurdish people and the government for providing such safety and relief. But there still needs to be a UN secured safe zone for other families to run to. Iraq is a big country and I don't think the Kurdish areas can support such a massive migration.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Brother what is happening in Syria is a geopolitical drama , It has nothing to do with any Faith , I'm a Muslim . Christians are the most loved people in mainstream Islam , there is a reasons for this , IN QURAN Sura 5 verse 82 it's mentioned '' you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." so according to this Prophet Mohammed has promised to protect Christians at wherever they are as long as Islam stands . here is his promise
www.ijtihad.org...

edit on 1-8-2014 by newincubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: newincubus

I appreciate the support! It's a tragedy what is happening in those regions. Very heartbreaking to have to see everyone suffering while everyone else goes on drinking and having a good time. I hope people wake up to realize how bad these people are suffering. We need to get the word out so that we may be able to raise awareness of these travesties.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Our heart is full of sorrow and pain over inhumanity which is in progress in this world. We nations of middle east have been always victims of colonialism and dictators. No matter what race or belief we are.
It is good that we try to help but congress of USA ! it is in hands of corrupted elites. As a matter of fact problem is the congress of USA !! it is bought by corrupted zionists. Extremism is spreading by friends of Israel. By the mask of Islam, Christianity or Judaism or race.
But without any doubt Jesus will return. Jesus will accomplish his mission against corrupted leaders of Israel tribe and their friends. Let us pray that Jesus returns sooner. We can more rely on public opinion and will of nations.
Be careful.

edit on 2-8-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
How about we help our own citizens first.

How about you clean up the mess you left in the countries you obliterated??

new topics

top topics

join