It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times Of Israel Publishes Op-Ed About 'When Genocide Is Permissible', Then Deletes It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: tsingtao

In effect, everyone making a big deal about an article that was e-published and then yanked. Seems they are big on attributing the sentiment to the whole country. Disingenuous at best.

I, myself, happen to think it's just a disgusting article written by a disgusting Israeli. I do not attribute it to the whole country, but since 95% of Jewish Israelis are in favor of the war in Gaza, it's fairly safe (if not extremely safe) to attribute those thoughts to a large segment of Israelis.

Am I okay thinking that way sir? I want to run it by you just to be sure.
edit on 3-8-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
You would think after the horrific ordeal Jews went through with the Nazi's, they would have been a much more peaceful and anti-war people

This assumes that all jewish people are the same and that there aren't individuals with mindsets of their own

In the same way that hamas rules over palestinians preventing them from creating their own state and making peace with israel

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

Yep, they are really innocent. Innocent suicide bombers specially. What's not to love?

Can you imagine... Just how desperate you would have to be to blow yourself up?

Also I want to make a comparison and ask you what is the difference or which to you is more cowardly...

Murderer A... Straps some home made explosives to themselves, kisses any loved ones they have left goodbye and goes off knowing they will never come back... They ARE going to die...

Murderer B... Climbs into a fighter jet or bomber and casually flys over an area while pushing a button that releases lots of high grade explosives onto a bunch of people as they simply fly away. The whole while they know, there is very little chance they can be hit. They go home put their feet up...

What they hell is the difference!!! Both are killers, I would argue a suicide bomber is braver though... And more desperate...

Its even worse when you throw uav's into the mix... They can fly those with x box controllers... Real brave and honorable that... 1 day they will have the option of a fully automated army of robots etc... They'll not need other humans to do their dirty work then...
edit on 3-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: samjonesy
What are we splitting hairs here, the Israeli's are a sick bunch of people. They gather on hilltops and cheer to the sound of children getting blown up.

I would call them bastards but in their religion that is redundant. Jews only claim lineage from their mothers-not their fathers. Hmmmm.

oooooooooooooo but the pali's get to press the buttons to launch the rockets!

that's much cooler than watching.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

There isn't a justifiably reason to explain what has been done til now.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

a reply to: voyger2

Ah yes, because everyone knows that one man speaks for all.

Where did he said that?
None here believes that one man posting something, represents the whole country.
You are making a big deal out of nothing, seems you are the one with an agenda afterall.
everybody has seen some peace loving Jews protesting in Israel, when the schools were hit, and been bashed by the nationalists.
What that man posted ,may not represent the whole countries but it is obvious that represents the actions of Israeli goverment and military and natinalists (zionists)

a reply to: voyger2

Stupid, ignorant rationale. Use your effing head for once. Or perhaps this suits your agenda so you latch onto it and suck it up like kool aid without exercising critical thinking in the least.

Your passion to protect Israels reputation made you use personal attacks, Am I next to be attacked?
We didn't woke up one day and started accusing Israel
Israels actions (killing civilians, after been warned several times were they are hiding) made us think that way!
We don't hate Jews we hate Israels (government) actions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's very hard to believe anyone would think genocide is acceptable in the 21st century or even joke and make off hand comments about it. Anyway the solution to this conflict is one that has been tried and tested, most recently in places like South Africa but also in the USA, Canada and other places where there has been colonialism and apartheid. The best solution is a single state solution as it will give everyone the opportunity to reside in the lands they believe to be their homeland.

It won't stop the violence straight away but the status quo isn't exactly stopping the violence anyway. Israel as the wealthier nation who has control will probably have to implement affirmative action policies and possibly reparations to displaced people as has been the case where integration of aggrieved peoples has been attempted.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Yah, watch out for those bottle rockets they can be pretty loud.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
All is Israel is is one big military base of the U.S. The biggest one in fact. They are all in on it explicitly or implicitly.
Just look at the polls for heavens sake.

www.vox.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... 1e4-9349-84d4a85be981_story.html

hotair.com...

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.jpost.com...

www.algemeiner.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No surprise. The Zionists will genocide anyone standing in their way. This has been told many times throughout history but no one listens. This is why so many Israelis were sitting in lawn chairs eating popcorn and celebrating genocide. They know that's what it is. Now, the Zionists are so arrogant that they can't hide their plans anymore; They put it out there openly. Bloomberg sent out a warning to rich tribe members Friday that riots in US streets are coming. Cameron and US Zionists government are ready to go to war with Russia over Zionist Ukraine. It's like the plan has been set in motion and they all know something that the rest of us don't. 911 anyone? I think some big stuff is about to go down all thanks to Zionists. The world's being used and played for an agenda.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Desperate, or fanatic. You are not necessarily locked into desperation as a suicide bomber. Most suicide bombers are of the belief they are doing it for their god or their religion, no? The 80 virgins as a reward kinda thing? (standard disclaimer here.. not for oral consumption and use may result in possession by a demon, common side effects are diarrhea and projectile vomiting).

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

And yet the stated goal of Hamas is the destruction of Israel, no?

No worries, there is a hole where you can place your head if you choose to ignore all the facts and just cherry pick the ones you like the best.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: samjonesy

Just curious... what do polls have to do with facts?

Polls showed that a vast majority of the US favored invading Iraq prior to, back in 2001 or was it 2002? Just prior to the invasion. Polls are meaningful only if you wish to learn how well the propaganda is working.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: samjonesy

Just curious... what do polls have to do with facts?

Polls showed that a vast majority of the US favored invading Iraq prior to, back in 2001 or was it 2002? Just prior to the invasion. Polls are meaningful only if you wish to learn how well the propaganda is working.

So if we drop polls completely in our search for "facts", what methodologies should we use in order to glean "facts"?

I'm still stuck on the "fact" that most Israelis are very much in favor of the war in Gaza. Are you prepared to tell us that they are not? Are you also prepared to tell us that a large segment of Israelis do not agree wholeheartedly with this blog writer's article?

Please, inform us of the facts.
edit on 3-8-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
what are you talking about.

This is nothing like the holocost.

There are no trains cattle carting muslims into gas chambers.

Give your head a shake.

So the only way to commit genocide is if you put people in trains and gas chambers?

When did the definition become so specific?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you want some "real world" answers to the questions in this thread, here are some. You know why Israeli's may be supporting this war? Perhaps because of forums like these that have for long before this war tolerated posts like this one:

"They steal the Palestinians land and then act like the usual cunning manipulative jew with money, I don't know what's worse the spread of ebola or the spread of these snake Zionists, at least ebola hasn't stolen our banks, media, and governments.

This plague needs a cure A.S.A.P, but at this rate I'm not holding my breath as it seems only Jesus returning to earth would be a cure for zionism"

This a direct quote from a post on ATS and is typical of much of what you read here. This effectively reads "those darn jewy jews for being so jewy need to be exterminated as they are a plague upon us." This has been the non-stop view espoused by so many for the last 50+ years (and millennia before that). This view has been backed up with arms by the "Palestinian" people time and time again.

So forgive us if we don't believe the "evenhandedness" with which you criticize Israel. Where were you when Palestinians were killing women, queers and infidels for no reason at all? I bet you were saying that was Israel's fault for oppressing the Palestinians and forcing them to do it. Where were you when tens of thousands of Palestinians were dancing in the streets after 9/11? I bet you were pointing at the three Israeli's on the rooftop, right?

The reason the US entered World War II had nothing to do with the concentration camps and the killing of gypsies, Jews and all other persona non grata. The US turned away boat fuels of Jews and other seeking asylums. The concentration camps were liberated merely on the way to Berlin.

Many of the sources in this thread and in others are Israeli papers and jews around the world condemning what the Israeli government is doing. You know why? Because they have freedom of speech AND they are against violence to anyone. We never hear or see condemnation or speech like this from Palestinians about anything bad done by any arab. Absolute crickets.

The point is the Palestinians detest the Israeli's. The Israeli's abhor the Palestinians. The many wars which the Arabs have launched proved their feelings and intent clearly. Until we get past the taking sides and rationalizing the use of force be EITHER side, humanity will be doomed to this fate.

Condemning only one side so vociferously does not help with one's credibility, however, it does feed into the view of what is behind such criticism.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

Dude...seriously. Read my post.

I do not question the results of the polls. I take account of the fact that polls, particularly in cases where the govt is involved, more effectively indicate how well the propaganda campaign is going and even provided an example.

Polls are not facts, other than the fact of the results of the poll. Polls are nothing more than indicators of opinion. Opinion is never fact, unless the fact IS the opinion, if you understand what I mean.

Those polls do not indicate that a majority of Israelis favor genocide, just that the war should not be stopped yet. Perhaps most feel that Hamas should be destroyed first, or perhaps that the tunnels should be destroyed first. Hence, the application of the results of the polls are not applicable to the OP directly (genocide).

edit on 3-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoth12

So forgive us if we don't believe the "evenhandedness" with which you criticize Israel.

Condemning only one side so vociferously does not help with one's credibility, however, it does feed into the view of what is behind such criticism.

These two points have been on my mind a lot lately, so I'm going to single them out and ask why all criticism has to be dished out in equal proportions? Lately I think Israel deserves more criticism.

They just bombed their 7th U.N. school that was protecting civilians. This is not the terrorist hide and seek human shield school, these are the U.N. school that warned Israel over 10 times in some cases before getting bombed.

The Palestinian death toll in this latest offensive is between 1500-1700. according to the UN 80% of the deaths are civilian. Over that same period 63 Israeli soldiers have died, with only 3 civilians.

Now I'm told the reason for that is the iron dome, but the dome went into effect in 2011. if we look at the death numbers before the dome, there isn't much change to the onesided outcome. For example 2009 had 1034 palestianins killed, to 9 Israelis.

When is the last time Israel and Gaza really went an eye for an eye?

I'm told Gaza is bad because they use cheap unguided missiles (As if they have a choice), but Israel kills way more civilians with guided missiles. The logic doesn't make sense to me. Does Israel have no sniper teams? Why is knocking entire town into rubble the only option for terrorists playing hide and seek?

You listed all these reasons why someone would speak out against Israel, and all of them make us out to be bigots, but some of us are just humanists who believe in accountability. I refuse to see any government as free from criticism. Despite what our media tells us, Israel can be wrong sometimes. If I speak out against them it's not cause I wish genocide on them, it's because I wish they would chill the # out!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hoth12

You can always tell how objective a post about the conflict in question is when the atrocities of the Jews is mentioned and no credence or weight is given to what Hamas or Hezbollah has done recently or even in the past. It's all Israel's fault with, apparently, no fault falling on the Palestinians regarding their behavior.

Fact is: Bad behavior does not excuse further bad behavior. In other words, because so and so murdered 5 people it's ok if I just murder 2. Therein lie the hypocrisy. Particularly when the originators are just veiling bigotry with rationalized approval of barbaric acts.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: hoth12

You can always tell how objective a post about the conflict in question is when the atrocities of the Jews are mentioned and no credence or weight is given to what Hamas or Hezbollah have done recently or even in the past. It's all Israel's fault with, apparently, no fault falling on the Palestinians regarding their behavior.

Fact is: Bad behavior does not excuse further bad behavior. In other words, because so and so murdered 5 people it's ok if I just murder 2. Therein lie the hypocrisy. Particularly when the originators are just veiling bigotry with rationalized approval of barbaric acts.

edit on 3-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join