It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times Of Israel Publishes Op-Ed About 'When Genocide Is Permissible', Then Deletes It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The irony is mind boggling.

A Jew advocating genocide

The great test of the Jews, of robbing an innocent people of their land and then slowly murdering them for their own selfish reasons is apparent.
And they are failing the moral test.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Yochanan Gordon's opinion piece, entitled "When Genocide is Permissible," wonders if the mass obliteration of a people would be justified if used as a means for Israeli military to "achieve its goal of sustaining quiet."
“Hamas has stated forthrightly that it idealizes death as much as Israel celebrates life,” Gordon wrote. “What other way then is there to deal with an enemy of this nature other than obliterate them completely?”
Gordon said that the UN and U.S. are "completely out of touch" and criticized networks like CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera for only focusing on the "majority of innocent civilians who have lost their lives."
"Anyone who lives with rocket launchers installed or terror tunnels burrowed in or around the vicinity of their home cannot be considered an innocent civilian," he continued. He concluded:
“If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?”
The Times of Israel quickly deleted the post, but as Noah Smyth pointed out, the original headline remains in the URL.
twitter.com...
edit on 1-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

The Germans also had excuses for their crimes against the Jews

Don't Human beings ever learn?
edit on 1-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Might as well add this now.

Israel's explicit military strategy is civilian attrition as punishment. The chosen ones explicitly advocate war crimes.

Makes me really doubt this business regarding human shields. When you really look into it, it does not add up the way the MSM is describing it.

source

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I was fortunate to get a copy of this article before it was deleted.
I could post a copy if anyone would care to read it. I will say here that the last paragraph is the most telling.

In he writes:

I will conclude with a question for all the humanitarians out there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clearly stated at the outset of this incursion that his objective is to restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel. We have already established that it is the responsibility of every government to ensure the safety and security of its people. If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?

I have posted this to another thread, but see no harm, and it seems appropreate, in adding it here.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The Germans also had excuses for their crimes against the Jews

Don't Human beings ever learn?

It's even worst when the Jews were subject to the same genocide! You would think after the horrific ordeal Jews went through with the Nazi's, they would have been a much more peaceful and anti-war people. Heck, they were even given land after WW11 and took it upon themselves to take more land away from the Palestinian people! They've acted like a selfish bully on a playground. There's no excuse for them bombing indiscriminately and bombing UN buildings. All they've done is created more terrorists who will never let them live down this war in Giza.

No, Israel hasn't learned and neither has the U.S. and Russia for that matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think HAMAS and Israel are getting lot's of
innocent people killed.

One can only hope that the Palestinian people will storm
HAMAS headquarters and behead them all to save their own
lives and the lives of their children, which I admit would be
difficult to do whilst ducking Israeli missiles and gunfire.

Rebel 5

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
I think HAMAS and Israel are getting lot's of
innocent people killed.

Sort of. HAMAS is getting people killed. Israel is actually killing people. Lots and lots of them. As punishment for not submissively bending over and taking what Israel has to give them (and has been giving them for decades).

I don't like to pretend that the violence inflicted on Israel by HAMAS is in any way comparable to the violence inflicted on Palestine by the Israeli government. It's analogous to a 90-pound woman who is being viciously raped my a muscular 300-pound man. The woman attempts to fight him off, slapping at his chest and scratching his face. The man, in order to defend himself, crushes the woman's head with a large rock.

Israel does not want peace. Israel wants a perpetual excuse to steal the rest of the Palestinians' land and remove them from it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yep, they are really innocent. Innocent suicide bombers specially. What's not to love?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The real question is will Israeli's face arrest for "holocaust denial" when this is all said and done and they refuse to talk about the real number of people killed???

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
what are you talking about.

This is nothing like the holocost.

There are no trains cattle carting muslims into gas chambers.

Give your head a shake.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

There's no excuse for even thinking about genocide to end this scenario, let alone put it in print.
Shame on you Israel.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Holocost?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
how can you genocide an organization?

(post by BoogieMan911 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

How can you wage war on an ideology?
Quite simple isn't it: just print it and say it enough times,
and it makes enough sense to be called true.

How many times did Tony Blair and W have to say
C.I.Al Kinda before we had sufficient traction to go into
... wait for it... the place where the one CIA asset who
decried the practice supposedly lived.
But no that wasn't because the Taliban smacked down
the poppy production to almost nothing.

The ends justify the means, but too many of us are
awake now for Israel to get away with it anymore.
I saw the few tiles misplaced from a Hamas (Langley Lite)
bottle rocket--- and then that crater that could swallow
the contents of an Olympic swimming pool and still be
thirsty.

Hmmm... too much noise on the phone line, from both
sides of the conversation. I'll watch the tree grow the
poisoned apples from stationary orbit and still not feel
safe from those snakes... on both sides of the crater.
Because the narrative for both sides is getting written
by one hand-- and I think there are talons on the fingers.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You do realize that one journalist with extremist views does not represent the views of an entire nation, or Jews that live outside of Israel, right?

There may be an extremist element in Israel that has grown weary of incessant terrorist attacks for decades, and it has jaded their perception, but they are in the minority. The overwhelming majority of Israelis just want to be left alone, and live in peace with their predominantly Muslim neighboring countries.

It's not even remotely comparable to the millions of people in the middle east that have openly advocated the genocide of Israel over the years.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Surely there will always be some private Israeli’s that would have wanted the army to use more force to end this endless conflict once and for all , and thus it’s not that surprising that someone eventually posts their personal views on a discussion forum.

What surprises me is the effort and resources that Mainstream media and Islamic jihad supporters put into this conflict to side with Hamas. It seems that everything the Israelies are saying or doing in this conflict is weighed and analyzed to death in order to find anything (just something) that can be used against them.

It also surprised me that such a relatively small conflict practically turn some people upside down, blinded with hatred to the jews. I don’t know how many threads that already has been started about everything that people has on their mind in this conflict, but there seems to me that it should be a limit and that some people should have taken a cold shower instead to cool themselves down.

I never had no high taught about the people that are working in the mainstream media, but the way they are misusing their power to promote Islamic jihad and serve lies to the general public against Israel in this war is not what media was once about.

Its basically thanks to them that the level of hatred to the jews in general reaches such kind of senseless levels. Mainstream Media has themselves (for years) been running campaigns against hate related speech in the public room. During the last years quite a few ordinary people has been arrested and prosecuted even for minor publications and things that people generally say in affect. Sadly their concerns and practice doesn’t include the Jews. It’s sad that MSM gets away with this.

The Israeli people are as I see it probably not better or worse than any other western democratic country, but this ONE WAY ever ongoing stream of hatred and lies against them has made me support Israel no matter what , as such practice and violations surely frightens me.

Sadly, we know that Mainstream media cannot be trusted in delivering the truth to the people , either when it comes to science or politics. Thus Mainstream media has become an obstacle and a burden to democracy. It seems like the more power they get, the more dangerous they become, and the more violations and lies they produce.

I will leave it there, but since the OP made such a big effort to discredit an entire people just for the meaning of what a single private Israeli might have about the tactics of Israeli warfare, I will paste in this report of what an official Hamas Imam was stating in a public recently.

“Our doctrine in fighting you (the jews), is that we will totally exterminate you”.

"A Hamas-affiliated imam in Gaza says the group will “exterminate” Jews and launches an anti-Semitic diatribe in a video broadcast on Hamas’s Al-Aqsa TV station. The video, made available by the Middle East Media Research Institute, shows the cleric as he conducts a sermon at a mosque in Dir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip. “”Our doctrine in fighting you (the Jews) is that we will totally exterminate you,” he says. “We will not leave a single one of you alive, because you are alien usurpers of the land and eternal mercenaries.”

There is also a video that can be watched here.

www.israelvideonetwork.com... g+News+Video%3A+Hamas+Sermon+in+Gaza+-+Exterminate+the+Jews&utm_campaign=20140731_m121549390_8%2F1+Israel+Breaking+News+Video%3A+Hamas+Sermon+in+Gaza+ -+Exterminate+the+Jews&utm_term=Hamas+Sermon+in+Gaza+-+Exterminate+the+Jews

edit on 1-8-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
after the Dodo bird u would have though humanity would learn,,

then the Buffallo,,

but now it is people,,

after ww1, it was the last war,,yeah,,
after ww2, it was the ,,,nevermind.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BoogieMan911

Really? Is that shiz for real? I'm going to google that and If true, it's got to be the craziest thing ever. And if it's 1939 all over again, well, this ends badly.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

My grandfathers fought against the Nazis in World War Two. Both came home, but they were pretty lucky in that regard. On sea, and on land, they fought alongside their fellow soldiers and sailors to rid the world of the Nazis. In discussions with them when I was a young boy, I remember the both of them saying, in their different ways, that they were fighting for the freedom of Britain, and indeed the whole world at the time. The unifying theme of their belief about why they personally went to war, was one of liberation for the afflicted in Europe. They both wanted to see an end to the wanton murder that was happening over there on the continent.

Perhaps it was because they were both Welshmen, an area of Britain which was subjugated and its people forced to give up a certain amount of their cultural identity, in order to survive after a fashion in olden times. Perhaps that deep rage at injustice boiled within them, and made them both more driven to their duty, to the ideal of freedom from oppression.

Whatever their reasoning, they, and the massed might of the allied armies, fought for a better future than this, a freer future, a future in which oppression was either absent, or at least harshly dealt with. Now, the descendants of the very people they helped liberate, are the oppressors of a powerless people.

This disgusts me. The leadership of Israel should be ashamed of themselves. In truth, it is weakness to behave as they have done. When a person is abused as a child, and carries out abuse as an adult, that is WEAKNESS. Similarly, when a wrong is done to a people, and in the future, the leaders of that abused people decide to justify abusing another people, that is also weakness. It is embracing the darkness which nearly claimed the world many decades ago, and I am utterly, and totally disgusted by it, and by the intent of the headline, around which this thread revolves.

The Israeli government should do better honour, to those who fought and died while liberating the ancestors of its current population. They should do that honour by behaving in all things with compassion, mercy, and respect for human life. They fail.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

How can you genocide a religion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join