It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

it makes sense......they're still banging the s**t out of the "terrorists are everywhere" drum, but less and less people are listening, because they're either tired of that boogieman, or realize that it's B.S.

so we need a new boogieman: disease.

i swear, if i start seeing commercials about this crap, telling people to report their neighbors for being sick, i'm gonna throw up.....then get arrested for being sick, lol
edit on 8-1-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I tried the onion thing! It was pretty awesome. I told my grandmother to do that a few months before I got sick, because she was really sick, and she felt better the next day.

I used it while I was sick, until my roommate complained of the onion smell...then she got sick with a cold.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Britster1821

then she got sick with a cold.

This is the first report I've had of vindictive onions.
Hmmmm

I'll make a note.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Terrorists are everywhere these days.

And they have their own version of Eboli over there.

Called MERS.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.

Only a matter of time before someone weaponizes both of them.

Or someone could say they are both the direct result of attempts to.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

so we need a new boogieman: disease.

It also works well to sell the new health care law!

As someone pointed out MERS is also a concern. Smokers also are more likely to have respiratory symptoms therefore smokers are terrorist too!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No, I'm not saying she got the cold from the onion lol.

She just ended up getting sick. But complained about the onion in my room. I told her she should try it, and she looked at me like I was nuts.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

As someone pointed out MERS is also a concern. Smokers also are more likely to have respiratory symptoms therefore smokers are terrorist too!

People are now walking 'weapons of mass destruction'.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

lol, i'm screwed then...i smoke, AND i don't have "health insurance"(government permission to exist)

i'm a horrible person...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

OH NOES!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I said this on FB and I think this is true. This is a no win situation for a sitting president with the political climate in America today. No matter who that person is. This is done and it's a threat to civil liberties. He doesn't, or doesn't do enough and this spreads, he incompetent and cost the lives of Americans. No win for him. So, I'd err on the side of caution. Seems like this is what he did.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

originally posted by: intrepid
I said this on FB and I think this is true. This is a no win situation for a sitting president with the political climate in America today. No matter who that person is. This is done and it's a threat to civil liberties. He doesn't, or doesn't do enough and this spreads, he incompetent and cost the lives of Americans. No win for him.

I think that's right.

It's what happens when you consistently abuse the public trust over several administrations.

We didn't get this way over night. Now we see the consequences.

edit on 1-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Face masks and gloves walking around your town will not do you much good. They are only MINIMAL protection. And you better wear them everywhere...including at dinner and to bed.*

*Dont go to stores, don't eat out, bring nothing into your home. No food, no liquids etc...and keep your kids home from school...because there are 25 kids in class who live elsewhere who have 2 parents and brothers and sisters multiplied who participate in sports...who play against others who have homes elsewhere multiplied again...potentially exposing you to all of them....could be in the thousands.

You see? It so minimal in protection, its not worth doing seriously. On an emergency response, I put on gloves and a facemask if one is suspected of or in defense for being contagious...but I take them off immediately afterwards...no matter how many things, people and places I come in contact with.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

and now 2,500 of them have cancer as reported this week..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So now all we need is some kind of flu type of sickness to "just happen" to make it's rounds and anyone can be detained.

Even if you don't have symptoms all you need is a doctor to sign off on it saying your sick and you under lock and key.

Wonder if this has any connection with the story I read the other day about the empty prison being guarded?

I wonder if any certain group of people will be infected more than others?

Gun owners? conservatives? anti-immigration people? who knows?

If there is any questions or investigations down the line the emails and hard drives will just get lost.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

yeah, it's obama's fault, but it's not obama's fault....this is one of the rare situations where i feel bad for the guy....

on the one hand, the illegals streaming over the border have been an issue for decades, and no president in that time has done anything about it...so we can't fault him entirely for that....but again, he's one of those presidents that didn't do anything about it....

if the borders were more secure, and we didn't have a reputation of being soft, and being the party to crash for free stuff, they wouldn't be trying to come here, much less actually getting in, with their TB, and plague, and ebola, and the rest of it...

i mean, if our military was retasked with securing our southern border, i think we'd be in a better position, and i don't think it would violate posse, as it's a national defense tasking...

and a lot of people complain that they need to come here because their countries are so awful to live in....well, that's not really our fault, or our problem...it's up to THEM to make the changes they need to their homelands....
edit on 8-1-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So have the Feds closed the border and started checking inbound flights to the US? Of course not...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

WTF has that got to do with the Ebola problem?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

because the ebola scare is being prompted by all the diseased people coming over the border?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

because the ebola scare is being prompted by all the diseased people coming over the border?

It's in Africa dude. Not Mexico.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Given that one person can infest thousands, I do think the outbreak needs to be taken seriously. There is a crisis with the border that is resulting in a lot of people being housed together in tight quarters, I think there is some concern there. No one wants a full blown pandemic.
edit on 1-8-2014 by jrod because: 321

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join