It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Our closest friend & ally... or are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've always found this talk about "Israel is our best friend, closest ally, etc etc" to be a bunch of garbage, but recently I came across a religious survey thing and it actually showed how Jewish america really feels about the rest of us:

Jews most popular in US

I have some family who are quite Christian and they have lots of Jewish friends, yet I've always gotten the impression that they like their Jewish friends more than than the Jewish friends like them. The information in the survey seemed to support this also:

Jews rated 63, slightly ahead of Catholics (62) and evangelicals (61). Buddhists, Hindus and Mormons prompted neutral ratings, from 48 to 53. Muslims were given the worst rating, at 40. Atheists rated 41. Read more: www.jta.org...

Evangelicals in the survey rated Jews positively with a rating of 69. Read more: www.jta.org...

Jews gave themselves an 89 rating. For other faith groups, Jews gave Catholics a 58 rating, Buddhists 61, Hindus 57, atheists 55, Mormons 48, Muslims 35 and evangelicals 34. Read more: www.jta.org...

Having convinced the right wing and Christians to love them unconditionally, they rank evangelicals at the bottom. Seems like a one-way street if I ever saw one..... Ever the "chosen people" eh?

On a broader scale, I feel this is representative of what Israeli/Zion interests have done to American politics since the 1930's
edit on 1-8-2014 by 8675309jenny because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

95% of Israeli Jews support the IDF actions in Gaza. Heartwarming isn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There was a thread just recently about Israel being our ally.

Here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Political allies, friends, and public opinion are 3 completely different things.

Yes, Israel is our political ally. In the very loose sense of the word, they are "friends," inasmuch as the rest of the ME, by and large, are "enemies." These words are used casually, by me and by lots of people, but don't put too much stock into the terminology.

Public opinion is another matter altogether, and surveys are suspect.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I Just came across an EXCELLENT video related to this subject:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I didn't think it was very friendly of Israel when they attacked, UNPROVOKED, our ship the USS Liberty, killing 34 and wounding 170+. For that reason, I loathe Israel. Be advised that I consider Judaism and Zionism two different things. I love the Jewish people (Judaism), I loathe the corrupt Jewish government (Zionism). And before I'm asked, yes my government is corrupt, as well. I despise my government, I love my countrymen.

Not only did this disgusting thing occur, but the survivors were silenced, threatened with court martial, etc. It's only been recently that the gag order has lifted a bit.

I read at one site that we should shut up about it because Israel paid damages. Oh, did they? With the billions the USA provides Israel in financial aid yearly, I'd say the American taxpayers paid the damages!!!

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
America is Israel's useful idiot. We give them money, back them in the United Nations, and if it comes down to it our military is at their disposal. In return we get to look like fools in the eyes of the world when they murder civilians with the weapons we buy them and oppress an entire people whose land they stole and continue to steal. Pretty good deal for them.
edit on 2-8-2014 by 0rkoJoker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join