It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases---signed July 31, 2014

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So where does Ebola come into all that. Are you saying you didn't mean to emphasize certain points? Because it seems to me that you stated you did just that. a reply to: LeatherNLace

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

I think Ebola and XDR TB are just the tip of the iceberg and the poop is about to hit the fan. 'Course I've been calling that for years. Wasn't wrong before but there was good camouflage. Seems the camouflage is failing - all it takes is undeniable association to rapid death. And even XDR TB doesn't qualify. Maybe Measles, Ebola, MERS, bird flu, efficiently airborne rabies, mutated West Nile, chikungunya, a new strain of Herpes - who knows. There's always something.

Nothing much has changed except public awareness. And oh yeah, the load on healthcare systems.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For the record I didn't think or imply that they were going to start locking up every sniffling grade school kid. I'm someone who doesn't see a conspiracy in this EO. a reply to: LeatherNLace

edit on PMu31u0883147312014-08-01T13:47:47-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What makes you think the amendment isn't related to TB? That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness. Ebola victims don't get pneumonia-like symptoms, but TB victims do.

Yes, thank you!

MDR-TB is flowing over our southern border.

Ebola manifests more like a digestive complaint.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Based on a HUGE amount of information, this order is about a HUGE number of diseases that can no longer be hidden, contained or camouflaged. But you're right - it probably took Ebola to convince the idiots in government we really do have significant problems with public health.

MOST IMPORTANT - It took a pile of scared chickens squawking all over the NET to convince government that enough people are more than ready to sacrifice their liberties -and freedoms- for the illusion of personal safety. ...Good thing they kept those FEMA camps in working order.

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

FYI - the big one now is XDR TB. But what's the strategy here? Whip people into a frenzy of fear by blaming the immigrants - all to justify sending Americans to FEMA camps for quarantine? 'Cuz guess what folks, it won't stop with immigrants. Or TB, or Ebola, or flu, or any of a number of diseases covered by the language in the Order.

WHO estimates that there were about 0.5 million new MDR-TB cases in the world in 2011. About 60% of these cases occurred in Brazil, China, India, the Russian Federation and South Africa alone.[12] In Moldova, the crumbling health system has led to the rise of MDR-TB.[13] In 2013, the Mexico–United States border was noted to be "a very hot region for drug resistant TB", though the number of cases remained small.[14]

What is Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (XDR TB)?

In the United States, 63 cases of XDR TB have been reported between 1993 and 2011*.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: kaylaluv

That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness.

Because certain symptoms of Ebola are flu like? Coughing and sneezing can transmit the virus thru the air or deliver it to surfaces that others may come into contact with.

They also mention fever and transmission with high mortality. Ebola definitely comes under that criteria. I wouldn't forget that they won't mention it directly because of fear of generating fear.

The land of secrets about every damn other subject, dont expect that to change much.

The symptoms of Ebola that are flu like are fever and muscle aches. Not coughing and sneezing. Those are not part of the symptomogy of Ebola.

You keep telling me what I am getting wrong and then I read up and guess what… ebola symptoms can include coughing…

CDC Ebola Symptoms

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Here's an ATS source of info about the original Executive Order for quarantine signed by Bush Jr., with explanations as to why quarantine likely will not be effective in this case either (because Ebola is carried by bats, as bird flu is carried by birds).

Bush Signs Quarantine Orders for Bird Flu

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

a reply to: kaylaluv

That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness.

Because certain symptoms of Ebola are flu like? Coughing and sneezing can transmit the virus thru the air or deliver it to surfaces that others may come into contact with.

They also mention fever and transmission with high mortality. Ebola definitely comes under that criteria. I wouldn't forget that they won't mention it directly because of fear of generating fear.

The land of secrets about every damn other subject, dont expect that to change much.

The symptoms of Ebola that are flu like are fever and muscle aches. Not coughing and sneezing. Those are not part of the symptomogy of Ebola.

You keep telling me what I am getting wrong and then I read up and guess what… ebola symptoms can include coughing…

CDC Ebola Symptoms

It think the symptoms are correlated to the state the body was in when the Ebola achieved "critical mass". For example, if the patient was fasting, blood would be away from the digestive tract and the symptoms would be a rash. If breathing hard from work it would be a cough. If laying around recovering from work or play it could be in the joints. Wherever the most blood was flowing when the Ebola virus was at its first population surge. Most people have food, and therefore blood, in their guts most of the time. That could be the reason for the predominance of digestive symptoms.

The behavior patterns of Americans could cause a different set of symptoms from past outbreaks.

Or the symptoms could be dependent on the site of infection.

In the later case, an airborne variety or species or subspecies would cause mostly pulmonary symptoms.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
CT indeed. This. The ebola in Atlanta. The biohazard drill in NYC. Keep the eyes open. This stinks.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I remember this, and then a few years later, I believe, there was a Bush-43 Rose Garden speech where he said he was reading a book on the Spanish influenza and he would turn planes away from the U.S. if we were infected so as not to infect the people on the planes. Now we're letting in planes with ebola-infected people on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The fear about Ebola allowed the play, but there are other actual outbreaks in the US that now qualify for quarantine because of it. More important, peoples' attitudes have changed - it's now abundantly clear that many, many people support choosing the illusion of safety over freedoms. Not like the old ATS at all.

Remember those FEMA Camps? ....You may be enjoying their hospitality soon. Even though quarantine does not work for animal-borne diseases. ...But as long as everyone feels like something is being done. Who cares if it's appropriate or effective?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Oh, yes, I remember the camps. And the coffins too.

FEMA Coffins In Georgia

Also, hmmmmmmmm...has this been posted?

The National Institutes of Health has been developing an Ebola vaccine for several years that has had "encouraging results" in primates, says Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Fauci said he's working with the Food and Drug Administration to fast track the vaccine into a phase 1 clinical trial this fall. This type of trial is the earliest study in humans and aims to make sure that drugs are safe and show some efficacy.

NIH to launch early Ebola vaccine trial in September

edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yep, somewhere. ...Seems to me we have a whole lot of relevant topics in our archives here - but don't have time to figure out the right search terms (except for my own threads which I kind of remember). But keep pulling them up if you can.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I find it amusing how the logic plays out on ATS.

First of all, there was a very flagged thread with the title "Ebola- What you are not being told."
It explained that there is a possiblity that Ebola may be airborne and the general consensus of the thread was "omg it is airborne."

Now, Obama signed an executive to detain individuals that may be carrying an illness and everyone starts complaining.
What type of logic exist on here?

Not to mention the whole thread was about contacting the government to do something about this. Now, that something has been done, you peeps complain.

In my opinion, this is the best thing he could have ever done in his whole presidency.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That would be because we know how they have operated in the passed,I have been experimented on before I will shoot before I get picked up to go and die as will the rest of us who know how they operate.
THEY CAN pick you up if they WANT to BECAUSE someone said you were sick now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

as long as those in charge act sanely and don't abuse the power..

I'm not really reading that much into him signing this at least not enough to become overly alarmed.

it just might be that it isn't a reaction to any one situation but more like there is multiple possible ways for an epidemic to occur of some type and where the chance of it happening for any one avenue is small it increases with each new avenue that pops us.

I believe there are two people that they are searching for carrying TB. One is the immigrant but I read two different stories and believe the other one is on the east coast somewhere and was described as a homeless guy. And it appears that at least the one doesn't want to be found. Which maybe why the executive order was expanded. Maybe it gives them more power to keep such people from just walking away and disappearing if the show up at an emergency room and are diagnosed with something.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

they can do that now
all they have to do is set you up as a terrorist and take you away..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Want to post this here too...for posterity.

While the timeline is not yet clear, the patients will be transported one at a time from Liberia by air ambulance operated by Phoenix Air in Cartersville, Georgia, to Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta, Georgia. The plane is outfitted with a multi-layer, tentlike isolation apparatus called the Aeromedical Biological Containment System.

(Locals may care to note that this is the hospital on Clifton Rd. NE, near the headquarters of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, not Emory Hospital Midtown on Peachtree.)

www.forbes.com...

Yes...locals MAY care to note.

Great. Cartersville is about 20 miles north and Dobbins is 5 miles from my house. Then to the hospital by what?

Why are they stopping in Cartersville? Are they flying or driving from Cartersville to Dobbins? What the hell? This is getting stranger and stranger.

Oh.

“The first in next several days and then the second a few days after that,” said Bruce S. Ribner, M.D., M.P.H., infectious disease physician and epidemiologist at Emory Hospital. Ribner is the chief medical officer for infection control procedures and training at the hospital.

For the last 12 years, special emergency medical transport personnel have trained emergency workers, paramedics, and others, developing procedures for use of protective equipment and conducting drills and exercises, according to Alexander P. Isakov, M.D., M.P.H., director of the Emory Office of Critical Event Response and Preparedness.

Dr. Isakov’s office oversees the procedures that will get the patients from the air reserve base to the hospital.

Sorry. This is way to close to home for me and getting even more worrisome.

And about the local route issue. Thing is...them even posting the route worries me. It's either the real route, in which case they are idiots to publish it, or it's a diversion, in which case that tells us they are worried about threats, possibly terroristic.

ETA they are probably just landing at Dobbins. I read wrong.
edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I found this EO from Bush on the CDC website:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 361(b) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 264(b)), it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Based upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (the "Secretary"), in consultation with the Surgeon General, and for the purpose of specifying certain communicable diseases for regulations providing for the apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases, the following communicable diseases are hereby specified pursuant to section 361(b) of the Public Health Service Act:

(a) Cholera; Diphtheria; infectious Tuberculosis; Plague; Smallpox; Yellow Fever; and Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (Lassa, Marburg, Ebola, Crimean-Congo, South American, and others not yet isolated or named).

(b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which is a disease associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, is transmitted from person to person predominantly by the aerosolized or droplet route, and, if spread in the population, would have severe public health consequences.

Source

It would appear that the EO that Obama just amended was pretty comprehensive and already specifically named TB and Ebola among the list of nasties. So I guess what I'm curious about now is what pandemic level respiratory illness is our gov't afraid of?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join