It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases---signed July 31, 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Guess you haven't heard of XDR-TB.

In a test run promising to become the global model for pandemic response, South Africa is recommending that patients infected with drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB) be forcibly isolated until they die. "Forced isolation" is framed apologetically, as pitting individual rights against society's rights. However, the real issue is not about the individual versus society - it's about international corporate rights overriding the rights of individuals and society as a whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ebola: Spider's web of infection is growing as hunt continues for 30,000 'victims' of outbreak

www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 69440Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Well...it may have something to do with the non treatable TB crossing our borders, that has been confirmed.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How about this little hypothetical, "what if" this is staged? I'm not meaning the real outbreak that is bad by it self. The way its being reported in the media is almost like the end of humanity. If the government sponcerd media in the US ramps up fear to a certain point will the government enforce a quarantine on the populace. Say restricted travel or house arrest or quarantine centers/camps? I know I know its a homemade conspiracy, but I don't trust the ones in charge no matter which side they lean.

other thread

At least I know now I'm not as crazy as I thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Yup...maybe all those FEMA camps and body bags will finally get used...oh and the millions of rounds of bullets every dept of our government has by buying...

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

How about this little hypothetical, "what if" this is staged? I'm not meaning the real outbreak that is bad by it self. The way its being reported in the media is almost like the end of humanity. If the government sponcerd media in the US ramps up fear to a certain point will the government enforce a quarantine on the populace. Say restricted travel or house arrest or quarantine centers/camps? I know I know its a homemade conspiracy, but I don't trust the ones in charge no matter which side they lean.

other thread

At least I know now I'm not as crazy as I thought.

No But you are obviously as crazy as a few here on ATS

Im thinking its a setup too.....
edit on 1-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Great......

Reminds me of a slogan from a few years ago "never let a crises go to waste".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That dang Obama!

First he takes away our AKs and now he takes away our pandemics! A citizen of the US should have every right to contract any communicable respiratory illness he wants to, and the government should keep it's lousy nose out of it!!!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!

Or in other words, I regard this as one of the few PROPER executive orders in the past 20 years. This is the type of thing I WANT the POTUS to react quickly to.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: stirling

Great......

Reminds me of a slogan from a few years ago "never let a crises go to waste".

yes i remember it as well,,,

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One of the biggest scams of this entire outbreak to me is all the countries saying they are now screening people coming in and whatnot. Great! Glad you are screening them. So you suddenly set up a world class disease control facility on your borders and airports and have trained medical professionals in biohazard suits doing this screening? Seriously?

Sorry but the mention of a medical screening at an airport or border is not really the warm and fuzzy I am looking for. All that will do for you is confirm the person you tested has it and you just got it too and most of the people around you have it. Then what....a real quick quarantine of the place and everyone will be fine to just sit there and die because no medical help can be administered?

This is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
That dang Obama!

First he takes away our AKs and now he takes away our pandemics! A citizen of the US should have every right to contract any communicable respiratory illness he wants to, and the government should keep it's lousy nose out of it!!!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!

Or in other words, I regard this as one of the few PROPER executive orders in the past 20 years. This is the type of thing I WANT the POTUS to react quickly to.

I agree, but what are they not telling us about that is making this a necessity?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
His CDC? They haven't been in existence since 1946? a reply to: MrCynic

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
....what are they not telling us about that is making this a necessity?

Not covered up, just ignored - and just a small part of the equation:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that at least 23,000 people die each year from antibiotic-resistant infections.

“Because of the link between antibiotic use in food-producing animals and the occurrence of antibiotic-resistant infections in humans, antibiotics should be used in food-producing animals only under veterinary oversight and only to manage and treat infectious diseases, not to promote growth,” reads CDC’s report on antibiotic resistance threats, released last September.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

This executive order, in my eyes, is linked to Ebola. Ebola is a virus that antibiotics have no effect on anyways.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: kaylaluv

That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness.

Because certain symptoms of Ebola are flu like? Coughing and sneezing can transmit the virus thru the air or deliver it to surfaces that others may come into contact with.

They also mention fever and transmission with high mortality. Ebola definitely comes under that criteria. I wouldn't forget that they won't mention it directly because of fear of generating fear.

The land of secrets about every damn other subject, dont expect that to change much.
T
The symptoms of Ebola that are flu like are fever and muscle aches. Not coughing and sneezing. Those are not part of the symptomogy of Ebola.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Who knows what "Intelligence" he has observed not for the general populace...

To 1 it would be more alarming if its observed other land mass leaders are doing similar things in preparation...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

They aren't at this point, but from what I have read on other threads the virus is spreading a lot faster than we are being told. Wondering if the WH knows something about it becoming airborne or a new strain causing symptoms related to respiratory illness now. Apparently it mutates quickly.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah....a freaking presidential executive order changing the original order to cover anyone with respiratory illness.

What? Go back and reread your OP quotes on the EO.

From the EO:

Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza.

This does not apply to anyone with a respiratory illness. It only applies to those that meet the criteria I underlined for you. Furthermore, I bolded the portion that says influenza does not apply to the EO.

I know one thing for certain; If there is anyone out there who has respiratory illness, fever, are capable of transmitting from person to person with the potential to cause a pandemic that is likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity....I want that person quarantined. This should be a no-brainer.

edit on 1-8-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Huh? I think you are making the same point I am. The original exec order from Bush did not cover this in such detail. The disturbing part of this order is that it is "broadening" the original order and adding in some specific identifiers.

I am all for the order, but what has caused this order to be necessary in the US at this point? I want to know what they know about what is about to hit the US.
edit on 8/1/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
LOL other countries don't have a POTUS. The president of the United States is only president here in the United states. I get what you mean . I just wanted to inject a little levity to the discussion.
Me personally? I'm not concerned at all. o reply to: Vasa Croe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join