It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! World Health Organization Announcement on Ebola

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

This is a call for an immediate, thorough, and independent investigation of Tulane University researchers and their Fort Detrick associates in the US biowarfare research community, who have been operating in West Africa during the past several years.

What exactly have they been doing?

Why do we have reports that the government of Sierra Leone has recently told Tulane researchers to stop this testing?

The research program, occurring in Sierra Leone, the Republic of Guinea, and Liberia—said to be the epicenter of the 2014 Ebola outbreak—has the announced purpose, among others, of detecting the future use of fever-viruses as bioweapons.

For the last several years, researchers from Tulane University have been active in the African areas where Ebola is said to have broken out in 2014.

These researchers are working with other institutions, one of which is USAMRIID, the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, a well-known center for biowar research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

I guess this explains the US Dept of Defense's involvement.

Much more at link...

What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

who knows, maybe part of the Depolpulation agenda

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Yes, the Ebola epidemic is out of control - and has been since March. Everyone but the WHO and government authorities has seen it since then.

BUT. It's West Africa that needs help. Forget the so-called "civilized" world.

West Africa needed -and still needs:

* Actual hospitals to isolate patients. There are few hospitals there, maybe about 5 spread out between Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Isolation works, but quarantine is little more than a political response.

* Doctors and medical staff - there are about 0.04 doctors per 100,000 people there - so far the CDC has sent n 12 advisors, and the WHO only 120 assorted personnel. Doctors Without Borders and other charities have been carrying the load for the past 6 months - and begging for help, and saying all along it was out of control and bigger than they could handle.

* Water and food for patients (if not saline solution for rehydration).

For starters.

How about no. This is like..."lets go help out that city full of zombies to find survivors."

How many times have people survived?

This isn't a movie...
This is the real life of something you DO NOT POKE A STICK AT.

To risk spreading a virus, you do not go searching for it or help those in contact.

The black plague wasn't as bad as it should have been because we did NOT have 24/7 connection with the world.
We do have this now and it will be our downfall especially with the logic like yourself.

Good luck everyone
If it reaches your country...most of you on this website will not survive.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Exposed! George Soros Is Funding The Bioweapons Lab At The Focus of Ebola Outbreak!

*George Soros’s foundation funds the Kenema bioweapons lab at the focus of the Ebola outbreak, and which is about to be closed, apparently amid an investigation.

* WHO media coordinator Glenn Thomas was highly likely involved in fielding media and other inquiries about how WHO viewed and what it planned to do about the controversial Kenema lab.

* Was Glenn Thomas aware of hard evidence showing that the lab was faking positive diagnoses for Ebola — Tulane University? – in order to justify forcing people to undergo treatment which would give them Ebola? Did he refuse to go along with the cover up?

* The mainstream media is silent about the Kenema bioweapons lab closure as well as about the order to Tulane University to stop Ebola testing. So, what other channels are there left for this information to enter the public domain or be spread through social media networks if WHO does not release the information or take action?

* George Soros has links to Sierra Leone President Ernest Koroma

Sierra Leone: the final frontier?

George Soros, his Ebola bioweapons lab and the death of WHO spokesperson Glenn Thomas in the Ukraine

US bioweapons lab with links to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation at core of Ebola epidemic

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Zombies..........

all these zombie flicks are conditioning us for whats to come.......

Grab your blunt instruments and ammo......

I'm afraid the blunt instruments won't be an effective weapon against the upcoming ebola-zombie onslaught. To injure one in close quarters means you get ebola all over ya even if they just spit in your face before their head falls off! You might get them, but they'll get you too! Only long range weaponry will be truly effective against the ebola-zombies.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wow very alarming!!
Im supposed to be flying to bali in 9 days i dont even think i want to risk flying i was already having bad anxiety and was prescribed serepax too calm me down but yeah no i have been following this closely and i think flying internationally is so not a good idea right now, especially to Indonesia alot of people go there from all over the world. Even my GP was concerned about it when i brought it up, It is spreading like wildfire!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: intrptr

"Something" really, really stinks about this whole mess. I don't believe it is what it seems.

My best guess is they are going to deliver the people to the CDC for study. Despite the obvious risks that is the only thing that makes sense to me. They are worried and need to know as much about the progression of this particular strain of the virus as they can. If anyone has another "stated reason" please share it.

And that tells us they are expecting to fight this thing for some time to come.

The WHO alert is particularly disturbing. The first sign of a plague overwhelming a region is the defeat of the medical professions efforts to combat it.

Open the flood gates.

Troops and lots of ammunition will be the only defense.

Drop overpasses, derail trains and crater runways. No one goes in or out. Gunships and mechanized infantry patrol the established border, killing anyone encroaching into no mans land.

The virus is allowed to run its course. By day vultures circle. At night funeral pyres light the sky.

Medieval

[insert Twilight Zone theme)

The perfect scenario, created for and by the world government:
to helter skelter in place. Got beans and rice??

Beans, rice and lots of Clorox.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Meh, quarantine procedures exist for a reason, I'm not going to get all hand flappy like everyone else over this unless it pulls lottery odds and mutates into something as fast-spreading as, say, the Spanish Flu was.
It would be nice to see full travel bans implemented regarding the "infected" countries as an extra precautionary measure, though.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom

originally posted by: soficrow

Yes, the Ebola epidemic is out of control - and has been since March. Everyone but the WHO and government authorities has seen it since then.

BUT. It's West Africa that needs help. Forget the so-called "civilized" world.

West Africa needed -and still needs:

* Actual hospitals to isolate patients. There are few hospitals there, maybe about 5 spread out between Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Isolation works, but quarantine is little more than a political response.

* Doctors and medical staff - there are about 0.04 doctors per 100,000 people there - so far the CDC has sent n 12 advisors, and the WHO only 120 assorted personnel. Doctors Without Borders and other charities have been carrying the load for the past 6 months - and begging for help, and saying all along it was out of control and bigger than they could handle.

* Water and food for patients (if not saline solution for rehydration).

For starters.

How about no. This is like..."lets go help out that city full of zombies to find survivors."

Erm. No. It's like, "Let's stop it where it started before it gets here." ....Even without planes, we are still one world and the eco-bio connections -and their reach- might surprise you.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The virus is generally spread through bodily fluids, something the majority of the western world knows all to well.

It's bad, but it won't get as bad people think. If it were mainly transmitted through air, then we have an issue.

We might have an issue.

Ebola Airborne? Spreads From Pigs to Monkeys Without Contact

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My best guess is they are going to deliver the people to the CDC for study. Despite the obvious risks that is the only thing that makes sense to me. They are worried and need to know as much about the progression of this particular strain of the virus as they can. If anyone has another "stated reason" please share it.

You could be right

Whilst nearly every article about Ebola is focusing on the highly possible severity and devastation of a global outbreak,
there is always one that subtly sways the situation in a thought provoking direction.

“If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socio- economic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries,” she said.

But the outbreak could be stopped and the public was not at high risk of infection, she added.

Governments might need to restrict population movements and public gatherings, and use the police and civil defence forces to guarantee the security of response teams, she said.

A very familiar, widely used formula becomes evident.

Focus is applied to the reality of a possible catastrophic global crisis. Fear and panic is initiated.
Focus then shifts to expert reassurances of hope and survival via carefully planned out solutions.
Focus is then placed on the price of the solution, how the solution can only be effective if the public complies with the requirements that ensure its success.
More emphasis is put on catastrophic dire outcome.
More focus reinstates the need for public acceptance and compliance.

People want to survive and happily hand over their rights and freedom in hope of feeling safe and secure again.

Maybe the virus is finally contained and never reaches a global catastrophic crisis point, but laws have been fast tracked and set in place and we are still held under legislation to uphold them. The world continues on as it did prior to the outbreak , People get on with their lives, but this time with many laws that strip away more of their rights and freedom.

www.irishtimes.com...

edit on 18/07/14 by caged66 because: quote error.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: caged66

The epidemic IS out of control in West Africa - charities like Doctors Without Borders (MSF) have been begging for help and saying so since February-March - the WHO left it too long and now, it IS moving faster than they can contain it. In West Africa. ....Everyone thought "Ebola kills so quickly, outbreaks don't spread and burn out fast." They were wrong. This Ebola sub-clade is different. It started out spreading, and doesn't kill as fast or as many (a 25% to 60% fatality rate compared to 90% for other Zaire Ebola strains).

RE: Your unboxed quote: "Governments might need to restrict population movements and public gatherings, and use the police and civil defence forces to guarantee the security of response teams, she said."

Response teams have been attacked frequently - they could use a bit of help. On the other hand, Liberia and Sierra Leone are quarantining communities and areas, and using armed soldiers and security forces to keep people confined. (Guinea is not being as Draconian.) ...At least one source said Nigeria was being heavy-handed too, but I can't verify that.

....I share your concern - imagine armed soldiers surrounding your community? Imagine being unable to go shopping? Collect firewood for cooking. Get water....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

My apologies for the quote stuff up.
Im still working out the linking/quote methods here and so far its been trial by error.

I am very aware of the serious nature of the current Ebola outbreak, the global consequences of the failure to contain it and the selflessness and bravery it would take to be in the thick of it helping the infected patients with a severe lack of sufficient medical equipment.
I would never deny the validity of this crisis, or try to downplay the seriousness of it.

I have trained myself to look at global threats from every possible angle in order to gain a better understanding of the situation.

Perhaps my delivery was flawed by my emotion and frustration of the entire situation . I have been following it since march and the more I have learned about the virus, results in more questions with very few answers.

It does concern me that this outbreak is a great opportunity for Governments and corporations to take advantage of, for example, profiteering and using the crisis to fast track in new laws.
There seems to be a definite pattern/formula for this kind of public manipulation.

I live in Australia, and I witnessed firsthand that laws can be brought into legislation over night! Laws that should have been decided by referendum and were passed in Parliament without opposition of any kind.
Its scary to watch just how quickly everything can change, and how public opinion was so blatantly ignored.

I guess none of that really matters much if we don't get a grip on the outbreak really soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I am totally onboard with what you said about blowing things out of proportion to enslave us a little bit more. They are going to do that anyway just like they have been all along. The danger with having a genie in a bottle is that it might get out.

A controlled back burn to prevent forest fires could become its own worst enemy.

In the link you provided the WHO rep said in the first sentence…

…but can be stopped with more resources and tougher measures,

Thats not a US state department spokesperson telling us this but the WHO. That the CDC isn't mirroring that statement tells us that this is an independent organizations voice calling for help with a plague in the early stages.

And thats scarY.
edit on 2-8-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
CDC

CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of an unprecedented outbreak of Ebola

Because they now deliver?

edit on 2-8-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, its very scary.

Whilst most countries are admitting concern and emphasising the utmost vigilance, Australia continues to downplay the situation with a curious amount of confidence stating that the threat is very low for us here in Australia.
Raina MacIntyre, professor of infectious diseases epidemiology at the University of NSW, said if a case of Ebola was detected in Australia, it was "very unlikely" a widespread outbreak would result.

www.smh.com.au...

The link below is the entire effort Australian Officials have put into preparing and educating its public.

www.news.com.au... 07143249

This lax approach to such a serious threat is why I keep looking at all the angles. Something is just not sitting right with this.
We were given constant preparation , support information, and financial crisis links on a daily basis for several weeks prior to the delivery of our supposed 'Emergency Budget' , yet in the case of a catastrophic global Ebola outbreak, we received a basic prep memo....

I guess all we can do is wait it out and hope that the situation takes a positive turn .

edit on 18/07/14 by caged66 because: spelling error

edit on 18/07/14 by caged66 because: broken link

edit on 18/07/14 by caged66 because: none

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
then you may need a new hobby Bob

a reply to: BobAthome

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Utmost thanks for the rundown about how the media in Australia is handling the situation. We can't depend on the mainstream to be completely honest about things like this. At least your country isn't importing living hosts to study?

Here in the states a 21 day clock is ticking down.

You seem well informed (isn't the internet wonderful?) and I notice you are a new member here. Welcoming you and leaving a link to a good book about Ebola that covers symptoms and history of Ebola.

Highly recommended

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: caged66
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, its very scary.

Whilst most countries are admitting concern and emphasising the utmost vigilance, Australia continues to downplay the situation with a curious amount of confidence stating that the threat is very low for us here in Australia.
Raina MacIntyre, professor of infectious diseases epidemiology at the University of NSW, said if a case of Ebola was detected in Australia, it was "very unlikely" a widespread outbreak would result.

www.smh.com.au...

The link below is the entire effort Australian Officials have put into preparing and educating its public.

www.news.com.au... 07143249

This lax approach to such a serious threat is why I keep looking at all the angles. Something is just not sitting right with this.
We were given constant preparation , support information, and financial crisis links on a daily basis for several weeks prior to the delivery of our supposed 'Emergency Budget' , yet in the case of a catastrophic global Ebola outbreak, we received a basic prep memo....

I guess all we can do is wait it out and hope that the situation takes a positive turn .

I totally agree our government and well even our Media here in Australia are downplaying both the seriousness and the risk of Ebola to our nation & the globe, it is the last news story to be covered on the news most nights and they aren't doing a very good job of informing everyone. I am shocked at the amount of people here in Australia that haven't even heard of it aswell! I think we are all hoping for the situation to take a positive turn, the potential outcomes for this are chilling to say the least.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Actually the bubonic plague wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been because people helped the sick and dieing. Just basic support like food, water, and simple hygiene. It's one the major reasons christianity grew so much after the plague, more Christians lived because the founding tenets state you take of your fellow brother/sister till death. Many also converted due to suspected "devine" intervention.

a reply to: johngrissom

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join