It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three day ceasefire falls apart as Hamas accused of firing rockets and capturing Israeli soldier

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Yes I know this pal, it was an analogy not an absolute!!!

West Bank is safe for now...
I was just using well known areas to explain...

The "ceasefire" only exists where Israel pick and choose was my main point!!!

Peace Cynic!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet
The main thing I was noticing here is that there were a bunch of people that returned to Gaza during the cease-fire (I would presume it's to check on families and friends, retrieve belongings, and such)... the effect of ending the cease-fire early is to maximize the civilian casualties... trapping civilians who would otherwise not be there.

You knoe, if someone was trying to practice ethnic cleansing, that could be a pretty good way to go.

Hamas actually pled with people not to move out of their apartments and homes in effect asking them to be fodder and martyrs in the Hamas propaganda war. Very special people those guys there. Life is really cheep to them and they spend like drunk sailors.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually, the cease fire doesn't exist at all for how hard Hamas works to break it.

I understand, you are anti-Israel. Fair enough. I'm anti Hamas and Israeli leadership. I don't see a problem among either population but the leaders in both want this fight, it seems, and will allow nothing to interfere with it. I can understand the Israeli side of that. I don't like or agree, but it can be understood.

Why Hamas is determined to break every cease fire attempted in a fight they cannot possibly win by math and raw figures of equipment alone, is a mystery the Palestinians they watch die probably wonder about too.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm recently anti-Israeli due to their indiscriminate massacres!!!

I'm also pro-Fatah, peaceful, non violent negotiation...
I do not support Hamas, I also do not blame them for every little thing that happens in this conflict either, that'd be closed minded and easy propaganda to believe!!!

& as such it's still uncertain who broke the "truce"...
Both sides have blamed each other, but I don't trust either to be fair... They probably work together for Aid funds!!!

Peace Cynic!!!
edit on 1-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Read to-day on alternative news sites that a third UN school has been found with weapons stored in it, trouble is, no word of who found them, or what they did about it, can of gasoline and a match, would perhaps, be a solution.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Peace be unto you as well.

I see we agree on more than we disagree on. Then lets both hope for peace and an end to both Hamas and the current hawks and warmongers in the upper echelons of both Israeli Government and the IDF itself.

Maybe the innocents on both sides will have a chance to live if those two segments of people aren't a part of making the decision.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is all rather sickening. If Mother Teresa were in charge of Israle the Hamas would still attack.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The terms of the ceasefire clearly stipulated that the IDF would be allowed to continue dismantling the underground tunnel network.

Hamas blatantly violated a humanitarian ceasefire yet again. Their word is as good as garbage. This was a premeditated act. Hamas agreed to the ceasefire and used it as a window of opportunity to send a suicide bomber into a tunnel, killing IDF soldiers and reportedly capturing another to be used as a bargaining chip.

If it wasn't blatantly obvious already, this is further evidence that Hamas has absolutely no regard for the well being of the people of Gaza, and has absolutely no interest in a peaceful resolution to this conflict.

(post by Another_Nut removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Israel losses 56 soldiers 3 civilians

Palestinian losses 1372 nearly 90% civilians with well over 200 of them children.

You choose my post outta the whole thread to comment on and say that I have an agenda? What about everyone else here expressing their thoughts? Why not say something to them?

Yes I think best you leave because you added NOTHING to the conversation except pushing your agenda.
edit on 1-8-2014 by sosobad because
edit on 1-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So very troubling. Neither leadership cares both sides have to hang their heads..if Isreal was setting off any ordinance that might of been considered a breach of the ceasefire..I make no excuses for either side whatsoever..just pondering, trying to make sense of an insane situation. .There was a police shooting not long ago started by an accidental shot that ended up in about 40+ rounds being fired and civillians getting hit and even shot themselves(dumbasses) so when on edge situation change very quickly.
I just don't know.

edit on 1-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We’ll never know who broke this cease fire.

But Israel likely broke it, or never really did cease fire, since they admitted they would still close these tunnels.

What these conniving liars in Israel probably did was pretend to accept the cease fire with the willful knowledge that they would break it.

They know the US presstitute media and government will believe any lie they tell them.

They want to continue this war since they are obviously winning with their illegal murderous tactics.

Israel is just collecting KARMA in which one fine day
they will taste

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
The terms of the ceasefire clearly stipulated that the IDF would be allowed to continue dismantling the underground tunnel network.

Any evidence?

Israel has continued to say that they would dismantle tunnels with or without a ceasefire. That tells me that they don't really give a # what any ceasefire (or lack thereof) states.

Hamas blatantly violated a humanitarian ceasefire yet again.

Any proof?

We have contrary statements, from both sides.

Their word is as good as garbage. This was a premeditated act. Hamas agreed to the ceasefire and used it as a window of opportunity to send a suicide bomber into a tunnel, killing IDF soldiers and reportedly capturing another to be used as a bargaining chip.

Any evidence of the suicide attack?

Hamas has stated on several occasions that they have discontinued the use of suicide bombing for many years now.

If it wasn't blatantly obvious already, this is further evidence that Hamas has absolutely no regard for the well being of the people of Gaza, and has absolutely no interest in a peaceful resolution to this conflict.

Neither does Israel, contrary to their position as an occupier.
edit on 1-8-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Sure, watch John Kerry's press conference yesterday, and read today's press releases on CNN.

I am using my phone at the moment, so I can't provide links.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
a reply to: daaskapital

Sure, watch John Kerry's press conference yesterday, and read today's press releases on CNN.

I am using my phone at the moment, so I can't provide links.

Thanks. I don't mean to sound pushy, so i do apologise if i came off that way.

I haven't seen any primary documents regarding the ceasefire, and as far as i am aware, even journalists are in the dark about it. Seems all we can do about the ceasefire, is guess as to its contents.

As for the suicide bomber, that comes from an IDF source, so i'm not immediately sure if i trust it. That said, it would definitely be a negative indicator as to the direction of which this war is taking, if true.

As for the breaking of the ceasefire, i agree with Willtell, in that we will never truly know. I don't think we will know just what happened to dissolve the ceasefire. A pity it happened though.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I do not think any statement could be any closer to the exact truth of the matter

Dead civilians is a win for Hamas, so expect them to keep pushing Israel daily regardless of agreements. Sane as always

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

The main thing I was noticing here is that there were a bunch of people that returned to Gaza during the cease-fire (I would presume it's to check on families and friends, retrieve belongings, and such)... the effect of ending the cease-fire early is to maximize the civilian casualties... trapping civilians who would otherwise not be there.

You knoe, if someone was trying to practice ethnic cleansing, that could be a pretty good way to go.

Hamas actually pled with people not to move out of their apartments and homes in effect asking them to be fodder and martyrs in the Hamas propaganda war. Very special people those guys there. Life is really cheep to them and they spend like drunk sailors.

Okay. Give me a source on that. The "in effect" wording makes me suspicious of any source, since it is superimposing an agenda on a statement that may not have had such a thing to begin with.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

From a BBC corespondent

Jeremy Bowen's Gaza notebook: I saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinians as human shields

www.newstatesman.com...

The Guardian

"In the past week, the Guardian has seen large numbers of people fleeing different neighbourhoods.. and no evidence that Hamas had compelled them to stay."

www.theguardian.com...

The Independent

"Some Gazans have admitted that they were afraid of criticizing Hamas, but none have said they had been forced by the organisation to stay in places of danger and become unwilling human-shields.

www.independent.co.uk...

On the other hand here is what is said about Israel

"A United Nations human rights body accused Israeli forces on Thursday of mistreating Palestinian children, including by torturing those in custody and using others as human shields."

www.reuters.com...

Your comment should be removed for outright lies.

edit on 1-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

If Mother Theresa were in charge with the resources of a nation like Israel? Gaza would have potable water for generations to come, good food grown in the greenhouses which still stand on that land in ruin, and education for all at a level to rival anything in the world.

Fences or not. Restricted movement or not. Mother Theresa would find ways to meet their human needs in ways that would leave them violently fighting Hamas themselves for the threat of seeing a good life destroyed by the hatred Hamas carries by charter.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So through this "ceasefire", Israel will still be bombing the # out of Palestine. If Hamas strikes Israel back for the bombings then ceasefire is over. In other words, Israel is saying; We will stop fist fighting but I will still punch you in the face but if you try and hit me back then we will start fighting again.

Psychotic behavior be Israel. When will the world take away their weapons and aid from America permanently?

The Mossad prides themselves on deception and war. So doesn't the Israeli government. If Israel told me it was raining I would have to go outside and look for myself. The 1967 borders should be reinstated immediately and THEN start a ceasefire.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join