It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

elected politicians and security clearances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
did you know that congress and the president do not go through a background check before they are granted access to sensitive information?

i knew a guy in the army that needed a ts clearance, to include a polygraph and psych profile. they went out and spoke to everyone he knew for the last ten years. they spoke to one guy he knew 8 years prior but hadnt spoken to since. they do this to determine if the person has anything which might be used to "turn" him.

why arent politicians put to the same test? deep in debt, cant get a ts clearance, but you can be a politician and get the same info. womanizer, no clearance, unless youre elected to office.

why is everyone on the congresspersons staff required to have a clearance and take a drug test, but the congressperson isnt?

how many of the politicians would be disqualified if they were made to get a ts?

some of you may say "but the campaign reveals all the dirt". really? then why was there a birther movement?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No politician would pass a security check. Think of how they qualify for their jobs. They trick people into voting for them by telling campaign promises that they can rarely accomplish. If they had researched things before hand and talked to a few people, they would know these things.

So is a compulsive liar going to pass a security check? No, so they made policy so they don't need security checks. Remember, people like politicians and their owners, who aren't us, make these policies and laws. We don't.

How embarrassing would it be if no politicians could pass required security checks. They will never have to worry about that though. If I work on my own job as a builder, I do not have to follow all the OSHA rules that my employees have to follow. Think how this relates to congressmen.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Everyone knows politicians lie, they have so much practice they could pass a Russian polygraph so the needles never moved. Sheesh everybody knows that.

They would never have a top secret clearance, you have to be able to spell it before you can have one.

Just a little secret, there are many top secret levels above the president.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Because no politician would pass the vetting ..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yup too good at what they do, the needle wouldn't even move.

top topics

join