It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Official Breaks Down Over Shelled Gaza School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Another dark part in U.S. history, with more evidence of a rogue U.S. government's complicit actions concerning Israel's war crimes in Gaza, and verification of Israel's violation of the U.S. Arms Export Control Act.

source: www.liveleak.com...

"Dennis Kucinich - Israel is Killing Children with Your American Tax Dollars"

edit on 1-8-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Talk is cheap.

Hamas is the elected governing body of Gaza, and they have deliberately fired thousands of missiles at Israeli civilians, used human shields, and exploited UN facilities to further their agenda, which is to eliminate the State Of Israel.

I want to see UN resolutions passed against Hamas, and action taken.

If Israel is going to be vilified for trying to defend their civilians from incessant missile attacks and terror tunnels amidst such circumstances, let the UN go in and try to clean up this mess without causing any collateral damage.

edit on 31-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So, if I understand what you and the OP are saying, there were more than 3,000 people sheltered in a UN building. The UN called up Israel 17 times to say don't bomb the building, there are children here.

Why did they call 17 times? If Israel had said, "OK, we won't bomb it," then there's be no trouble. But 17 calls? They must have been told 17 times either that it would be bombed, or it might be bombed. Yet they left the 3000 + people in the building? What in the world were they thinking?

And why did they call Israel in the first place? Perhaps they heard the building might be bombed? Time to move, isn't it? If you're concerned with protecting life and all.

Another problem. Israel shells a building with 3000+ people and 17 were killed? Seventeen? Out of over 3000? Do you really believe that?

The difficulty I'm having is that Hamas controls Gaza. Everything you hear from Gaza is approved or heavily influenced by the terrorists. Anything else coming out is either ignored by the press or shouted down by people sympathetic to Hamas. Further, they have stopped reporters from reporting on Hamas caused deaths. Have you heard anywhere that it's reported that they shoot Palestinians who protest against them? Have you heard that approximately 100 of their crude rockets have misfired, landing in Gaza and killing their own civilians?

Palestinian sources said Hamas has been killing Palestinians suspected of sparking protests amid the war with Israel. They said more than 50 people have been killed, most of them accused of spying for Israel.

Foreign journalists in the Gaza Strip have restricted their reporting to Israeli military operations. Amid fear of Hamas interrogations, the journalists have ignored Hamas rocket and other attacks in the Gaza Strip, including one that killed nine children at the Palestinian refugee camp of Shati on July 28.
“Out of Gaza far from Hamas retaliation: misfired rocket killed children [yesterday] in Shati,” Italian journalist Gabriele Barbati said in a Tweet on July 29. “Witness: militants rushed and cleared debris.”

www.worldtribune.com...

What we see coming from Gaza is staged, false, distorted, or at least misleading. The world gets shown pictures of death and destruction (real or not) to create a false picture in peoples' minds. It's bogus, but it's powerful. Think of the polar bear pictures designed to show that they were drowning. It's another PR campaign, and it's a little too bad that there are posters who just repeat it in ever louder voices, whether it's true or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Dear Swills,

Yours was a very interesting post. I wonder who you were really responding to. I don't think it was me. Or do you think that:

'The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped,' says Bar-Ilan University professor.

The reason that I'm wondering if you meant to send it to me, is that that quote doesn't provide even the slimmest bit of evidence to prove:

And to see these Zionists calling for the raping and murder of all Palestinians,

If you find the teeny tiniest bit of evidence, I'd be glad to learn about it. That would be worth knowing.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

First of all, the UN isn't going in anywhere guns blazin but you are right, UN blue helmets are most definitely needed in Gaza.

www.un.org...

Military
We work alongside UN Police and civilian colleagues to protect personnel and property; maintain close cooperation with other military entities in the mission area; and work to promote stability and security.

We work with the local community and the local military personnel to bring about greater mutual understanding and work together towards a lasting peace. Protection of civilians is very often at the heart of our mandate and it is the Blue Helmets that are key to providing this security.

Second of all, if you want to see action against Gaza then good news your wish has come true, in fact its been true for years now. The people of Gaza are occupied, their borders have been shut down and grow smaller by the day, no goods or services coming in or out, airspace and waterway is controlled by Israel, Economic Sanctions, not allowed to form a military, resorting to using mules and donkeys, airstrikes have been killing any and all Hamas leaders... and now they have no power plant along with water shortages and decimated homes/communities. Water's not a big deal in the Middle East or anything.

But hey, I'm well aware I'm wasting my time telling you this so all responses are really for the readers and those that just don't know what to think about this 1 sided so called war.

There is good news on the horizon about Hamas losing power. Obviously the IDF has been bombing them but more importantly the Palestinians are losing support for them and support the Fatah gov't.

New Palestinian Poll Shows Hardline Views, But Some Pragmatism Too

HAMAS IS NOT GAINING POLITICAL GROUND FROM THE CRISIS
Most striking, and contrary to common misperception, Hamas is not gaining politically from the kidnapping. Asked who should be the president of Palestine in the next two years, a solid plurality in both the West Bank and Gaza named Abbas (30%) or other Fatah-affiliated leaders: Marwan Barghouti (12%), Muhammad Dahlan (10%), Rami Hamdallah (6%), Mustafa Barghouti (4%), Salam Fayyad (2%), or Mahmoud al-Aloul (1%). These findings strongly suggest that the Palestinian public as a whole has little or no desire to carry out any threats to "dissolve" the Palestinian Authority.

In stark contrast, Hamas leaders Ismail Haniyeh and Khaled Mashal rated a combined total of just 9% support in the West Bank and 15% in Gaza. Another intriguing finding is that Dahlan has significant popular support among Gazans, at 20%. Also notable is that not one of the other old-guard Fatah figures, such as Abu Ala, Nabil Shaath, or Jibril Rajoub, attracted even 1% support in either the West Bank or Gaza.

edit on 31-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Hmm, look at you turning this around on the UN and once again Israel is free from any responsibility. Worse yet, you're claiming it's all a lie because it happened in Gaza. When the UN confirms something it should hold some water.

Dear Charles,

Disappointed and not surprised.

If we're gonna make assumptions then I'm going to assume since Israel has been striking UN buildings already the UN just wanted Israel to know that this building is housing refugees so please do not bomb.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Clearly it was to you.

Sure, this latest news report isn't accusing all Israelis of wanting to rape all the Palestinians as the poster you were responding ignorantly stated but clearly there is at least one Israeli, professors no less, who thinks rape can be used as a tool of terrorism prevention. That said, many Israelis (as in the majority of the population) fully support the war on Gaza so who knows how many would support this professor's sick idea.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Dear Swills,

As hard as it is to believe, I'm not absolving Israel, or blaming the UN.

What I'm doing is looking at the pieces of the story, trying to make them fit, to form a logical picture and I can't. I'm not taking sides in this particular case because I don't know what happened. But if the US government issued a story like this, wouldn't ATSers be all over it, pointing out discrepancies?

What, I'm asking myself, required 17 calls? Wouldn't a couple have been enough? After about 6 or 7 calls didn't the UN get the feeling that the building might be bombed?

I just don't understand the story, it doesn't make sense to me. I'll be content with a coherent explanation of what happened.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

What, I'm asking myself, required 17 calls? Wouldn't a couple have been enough? After about 6 or 7 calls didn't the UN get the feeling that the building might be bombed?

I just don't understand the story, it doesn't make sense to me. I'll be content with a coherent explanation of what happened.

With respect,
Charles1952

17 calls and you still have problem to find logic in it..?

How about assuming that Israelis hitting the building and the surrounding area 17 times before the final approach to finish the massacre..? Also knowing that these refugees have nowhere to run but there.. their final slaughter house!

That’ll explain those 17 calls.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

After about 6 or 7 calls didn't the UN get the feeling that the building might be bombed?

Imagine this: The UN knew rockets had been stored in quite a few of their facilities. Perhaps the same people that shared that Intel with the Israelis turned around and shared it with the UN. Now that people are shooting at one another, there no one around to tell either side that Hamas has moved the rockets to a location that hasn't already been spotted ... and ... Hamas suckers a bunch of human shields into becoming additional propaganda fodder.

Israel thinks, "Hey, there's no sanctity in UN schools. It's simply another target. Fire!!"

You know what I've been thinking about? What makes this Israeli push different than the ones in the past? It's the tunnels, and the nearness of Iran completing a nuclear weapon. Can you imagine what would happen if one of those was carried into a tunnel under Tel Aviv?

Do you think Hamas wouldn't set it off?

Netanyahu says the operation won't be complete until all the tunnels are closed. I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what's going to happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Dear Amkia,

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate any possible explanation.

Your explanation has one drawback however, it creates more problems than it solves. Here's what I mean.

1.) The building your in gets shelled, how many times does it have to be hit before you decide to go elsewhere? At least get away for the duration of the shelling. You want a wall or ceiling to collapse on you?

2.) OK, your suggestion is that the Israelis shell the building and the UN calls up and says "Don't do that." Israel does, and the UN calls again. Israel shells and the UN calls again. Seventeen times? That's all the UN can think of to do? Hasn't it dawned on them that the shelling won't stop and they need other plans?

3.) Seventeen separate shellings, then a final approach to finish the massacre, and only 17 Palestinians die? I'm sorry, but I have no idea how that is even remotely possible.

So, yeah, I still have problems finding the logic in it.

Maybe I misunderstood you. I'd be happy to listen to a clarification.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Dear Snarl,

Nicely done! That's some of the most original, yet reasonable thinking I've seen in a long time.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why doesn't Israel ever send in ground teams. It seams to me that if there is a high chance of civilian casualties, going in on foot would be the way to go. If Israel is truly freeing the Palestinian people from the evil oppressive Hamas, then they should no catch any resistance on their way in. Israel claims that rockets get fired first. Well, then go in and smash up who ever did it. Israel apparently gets enough intel from inside Gaza to know that the targets housing civilians are absolutely storing rockets and other weapons, then they should easily have enough intel to move men inside close enough for surprise attack.

The IDF are a bunch of cowards who couldn't bust a grape in fruit fight, sitting back with their iron dome, all but eliminating any threat from rockets. They are shelling some of the most painful targets as punishment to the Palestinians for not bowing to Israel. And FY&K what the world thinks about it.

Turks guy hit it on the head and I have said it before. Israel is using murder to extort the Palestinian people to bow to Israels demands, which will likely never end till Gaza and the west bank belong to Israel too.

edit on 1-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Ok....I have been sitting the fence and even supporting Israel to a certain degree.....This story really did change my mind. When this man broke down crying I actually cried with him.

Israel has become what they hate and want to destroy. The high road is gone. Enough is enough the minds of the world must unite against innocent people suffering no matter what race or religion they are. The people of Israel must take a stand against this war crime. And yes I really do consider this a war crime. Leaders in Israel should be put on trail in an international court.

Americans we should demand all military aid be stopped at once. We are fueling this crime against humanity.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
to extort the Palestinian people to bow to Israels demands,

Those outrageous demands are very simple - stop attacking Israel! so what is so hard about those demands that Hamas refuse to meet them?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I will cherish the day Israel burns. It's not far off, they are burning all their bridges. It won't be long now. You can't do this. I don't think Hamas is right, in fact I hate that anyone is trying to kill anyone.

How ever, the slaughter of 50 innocent palestines every time Hamas Acts against Israel it's #ing stupid.

Kill Hamas ! if they are hiding behind the civilians try something different than a bomb to get them. Go #ing get them, physically go in and get them. Why are all the innocent civilians worth it? Are they even killing Hamas? Really?

It's stupid !

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: VoidHawk

I wonder if that'll ever be pursued?

Of course the UN will charge them with war crimes but thanks to America will do nothing about it. Every time they pass a resolution against Israel how does the US vote?

Israel can't be done by the UN and the ICC for war crimes they did not ratify the Rome statute same with the USA.
Can't be done by a court they don't recognise.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The whole situation is bad real bad.
I agree with protecting your civilians but I think even Israeli supporters must be thinking they are going to far.
It is just going to make more terrorists in the long run and I do fear that Israel will be hit very hard by others for what they are doing.
They sure love vengeance over there

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I still don't understand why Israel doesn't simply take out the Hamas leadership with a few cruise missiles? There's only a couple of key leaders and they are not hiding like Osama Bin Laden was. In fact they conduct TV and radio interviews on a daily basis.

Naturally the cruise missiles would kill some innocents. But as we know, that's already happening. But at least we'd have an end to this insane ongoing conflict, and a deadly-strong message sent to all present and future haters who want to rub Israel off the map.
-cwm

It doesn't work that way. Every time you take out the leaders at the top, more people rise up the ranks.

It's a vicious cycle; Hamas fires rockets at Israel; Israel imposes blockages around Gaza and attacks the infrastructure; People support (or at least don't oppose Hamas); In return Hamas organizes food aid, smuggling, healthcare and education.

Sometimes, just doing that little something that annoys your oppressors is the only way of maintaining sanity and having some control over the situation.

Israel is sending in ground teams to try and clear the tunnels. But at that population density and area of land, Gaza isn't simply a strip of desert land, it's a three-dimensional block of swiss cheese. Tanks and helicopters aren't enough. They have to go in and blow up all those tunnels. Next time round, Hamas will have buried them even deeper.

edit on 1-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join