It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Boehner's Arrogance Harming the GOP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As much as I dislike the smugness and unapproachable attitude of the president and his cronies, I have also come to have much the same reaction when I see Boehner. He also seems to exhibit an aura of arrogance so pervasive that we know he will do whatever it takes to get it his way, and forget what's right or wrong. Being a conservative myself, I worry the headlock he has on congress through his policies of non-negotiation and refusal to allow voting on major legislation will fuel anti-GOP sentiment, and perhaps rightfully so.

I worry that he single handedly could give those needed "up for grabs" mid-term election seats right back to the democrats meaning at least two more years of exactly what we have now. Of course, I know if Republicans take control of both houses then Obama will stop progress with his pen of many colors (executive orders/veto), but at least there might be some hope of something getting done.

We probably have the most impotent government in US history at the moment. Is Boehner's stance good or bad for the overall situation?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Boehner and the House is powerless with a Democrat Senate and Executive Branch.

I think it's hilarious that the Democrats are going bonkers over everything they can't have their way on.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Boehner is Obama... In white face.

I'm not sure why people still believe the two parties are actually working towards two separate end results. They are both one in the same IMO.

The two could care not possibly less about what the best thing for the people is. They care about furthering their own agendas and that's about it. I can even believe that both Obama and Boehner are working towards the same goals under different titles/affiliations.

The letters behind people's names in politics are nothing but a ruse and it's a bad one at that. They all bat for the same team and none would tear up over the destruction of the US.

So my short answer is yes. Boehner is hurting the GOP by just being Boehner. I'm sick of looking at the whole lot of them at this point.
edit on 7/31/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe Agreed and well said. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As an independent, I can say he isn't fooling anyone. He has had the brakes on the US economy with both hands since obama was elected. They have voted against jobs bills republicans have historically supported. The really obvious one was recently he denied obama's request for money to send the national guard to stem the refugee crisis down south. He wants that problem to get as big as possible to make obama look bad, heck with what's right or reasonable

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: samstone11

"Is Boehner's stance good or bad for the overall situation?"

Boehner is only as good as the votes that his party whip can muster, and it seems that the Ted Cruz caucus is making the calls. The leadership sponsored immigration bill collapsed in flames today because of, well, I guess terrorist children.
Boehner is a marionette, not a kingmaker. The suit against Obama is the leadership's attempt to forestall "IMPEACHMENT!"
Boehner is wise enough to see the disaster that impeachment would bring to the GOP.
Are there any here at ATS that think that impeachment is a great idea? (other than the Democrats)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The only difference between a republican and a democrat is the spelling. The democrats are at least out in the open, the republicans are sneaky. They complain about democrat policy while they write the check to cover it. I am pretty much conservative as it gets, but these fools have driven this country into a swamp and have been changing drivers the whole time. Neither party does what the citizens want. This the real reason the Tea Party came about, both republicans and democrats don't like the tea party, they are a threat to the status quo. Slowly, regardless of what is being said about them, they are picking seats off little by little.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I don't know what's going on...seems impossible for either side not to look ridiculous these days..I swear they must meet afterwards and laugh at how much they are able to get away with...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
The only difference between a republican and a democrat is the spelling.

Quoting this much for truthfulness.

Indeed.

new topics

top topics

join