It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could The black Knight be Affa and Ponnar??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is my first post and i googled to see if anyone else may have thought that these 2 are related and im very sorry if someone already did a post on this but could not find anything about it, so here it goes

First off, im sure all of you know about the Black Knight satelite, but just a few things to point out before i try to make a connection here

- 2 articles are written about it in 1954 saying there were 2 strange objects that were orbiting Earth
- The 2 objects had a polar orbit
- The 2 objects would disappear and then reappear
- The 2 objects gave off radio signals

Ok, so this is stuff we already knew and its nothing new so bear with me please

Now lets look at a woman named Francis Swan.

Mrs. Swan began receiving messages in April 1954 from a group of aliens who claimed they were orbiting the earth in two large satellites. The two main aliens in the group were AFFA who commanded ship M-4, and PONNAR who commanded ship L-11. These aliens told Mrs. Swan that they had a base on the moon, and that they were here to warn against many earthly pursuits such as the development of atomic weapons. These messages continued for decades, and drew the interest of the FBI, Navy Intelligence, and the CIA.

Mrs. Swan was the key contact Wilbert B. Smith used to communicate with AFFA. There were a series of other people who were receiving messages from AFFA in this 1950s time period. Included in the list was Smith himself, who received messages from AFFA through a couple different methods such as radio. Smith was in contact with all AFFA contactees of the time, and was comparing the information coming from the various sources. Mrs. Swan, however, was probably the primary source.

She was a neighbor of retired vice admiral Knowles and she told him about AFFA and PONNAR. Knowles then told the Director of Naval intelligence Carl Espo. This led to the FBI and CIA wanting to talk to Francis Swan.

So here is a website to be able to download declassified FBI and CIA documents regarding Francis Swan

www.presidentialufo.com...

I would love to hear other people's opinions or ideas they want to add on, thanks!
edit on 31-7-2014 by TheLawOfOne because: Edit a name

edit on 31-7-2014 by TheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The black knight satellite is an insulation blanket accidently released by an astronaut while fixing a satellite. There is a long thread about it here on ATS done by Phage and I think Jim Oberg. Do a search, you will find it.

The reflective coating on the blanket gives it a reflective shiny surface on the sun side and a black surface on the non sun lit side.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I always found the Black Knight object a cool topic. I haven't read too much on it but I like what you are sharing.

As far as theories go, why not? We don't really know what it is no matter what many on here claim. Debris? Maybe but from who? Satellite? Maybe but from who? Alien? Possibly but why and what purpose?

The little I've read about it nobody really know for sure what it is. It is intriguing and brings up all kinds of theories. I'll check these files out when I'm on my desktop. I need new material regarding aliens to read.

Nice first topic welcome.

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The black knight satellite is an insulation blanket accidently released by an astronaut while fixing a satellite. There is a long thread about it here on ATS done by Phage and I think Jim Oberg. Do a search, you will find it.

The reflective coating on the blanket gives it a reflective shiny surface on the sun side and a black surface on the non sun lit side.

It maybe possible that some of the pictures were of a blanket, but was the blanket in a polar orbit? and sending signals?

Why should Oberg and Phage be more believable than anyone else? they are just two names on forums.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why amateur astronomers have never seen this.

No orbit data, nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
I'm just wondering why amateur astronomers have never seen this.

No orbit data, nothing.

It seems they did!

The object was sighted and studied by many of the astronomers across the country. This is what Robert L. Johnson, director of the Adler Planetarium had to say about the object,
“ ‘THE OBJECT,’ JUDSON SAID, ‘DOESN’T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO MAINTAIN A REGULAR SCHEDULE,LIKE ANY OTHER HEAVENLY OR MAN MADE OBJECT HE’S EVER SEEN.’ ‘WE DON’T KNOW WHEN TO WATCH FOR IT.’ he says.” It appears some nights, and some nights it doesn’t.
It was then photographed by the Grumman Aircraft Corporation.

edit on 31-7-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLawOfOne

Congrats on your first thread. OP
Have fun!

Just marking the thread for now . Gonna look more into this and return hopefully more informed.

As Obi Wan Kenobi said in a movie a long time ago..

That's no moon.......It's a space station!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Double post -sorry
edit on 7/31/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Very cool for a first thread !!

I'll get back to it to read the link when I get a chance but if you are interested in the Black Knight, here are two extremely interesting threads about it:

This one, from Esoterica, in 2007:

The Black Knight from Space

And this one, more recent, from Gazrok, in 2013:

The Black Knight Satellite

S&F !

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

It maybe possible that some of the pictures were of a blanket, but was the blanket in a polar orbit? and sending signals?

Why should Oberg and Phage be more believable than anyone else? they are just two names on forums.

They made a convincing argument with evidence that it is an insulation blanket. The polar orbit came from newspaper articles from the mid 1950's. Its my belief the articles were about something unrelated to the recent photos.

Their synopsis is much more believable than an extraterrestrial craft of some type.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

the blacknight has been debunked on here but some of our own members..and they did a compelling job pointing out what appeared to be the obvious...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Let me just say that Tesla was receiving signals from space....wayyyy back....
As regards Wilbert Smith....and his contactees....
(including himself)
These people he dealt with came from the results of questionaires which were answered by supposed contactees all over the country....they knew nothing of each other...Smith received identical answers from some of the contactees to the questionnaire....
This is how he knew the contact was real.....
He also arranged his own telepathic contact with Affa through these other people.....

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

They're not. imo they are called in for damage control when some threads move into forbidden territory.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Just because circumstantial evidence was presented and argued well doesn't make it fact. Maybe the posited insulation blanket is the so called Black Knight, just as the Roswell Incident really was a weather balloon. I don't know, but what better cover than an actual cover or blanket in this case?

What strikes me is that the more fantastic the claim, the more basic and simple the counter claim. Which conclusion is more likely to be accepted: disproven foreign objects falling short of plausible explanation due to obscure evidence, or proof of relatively modest man made fabrics acting and affecting profoundly? The verdicts may have been read, but the truths still remain elusive. I have no clue as to what, why, or how in these matters, but the simple dismissve conclusions bug me, even though they might prove true.

edit on 31-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Never heard of AFFA and PONNAR.
Bravo, for your first thread.

S&F.

This is something that can improve the discussion with other sources The Black Knight UFOs and the Alien satellites

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is a large body of lore from across decades of history, and studying it -- good contribution, by the way, kudos -- can teach us much about how such stories develop and evolve, often from originally independent sources [like the Arthurian legends, or Robin Hood]. Phantom satellites were being reported in the 1950s by people who had never seen an artificial satellite since there weren't any. Later, when space tracking was still hit-or-miss and orbital motion hard to predict far in advance, some stuff showed up where it wasn't expected. Nowadays there's worldwide net of well-equipped amateurs tracking even the spooky stuff [www.satobs.org].

A particular set of weird NASA photos were dragged into the pre-existing 'phantom satellite' narrative not long ago, those are the images that were from the dropped thermal blanket on STS-88. But the older legend remains fascinating, and every cultural input [such as yours, which AFAIK is original], helps assess the folklorish evolution of the tale.

AND also reminds us to watch the skies for surprises.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

May not be black on the other side here is a couple a pictures I did used on another thread.

Here is a white sheet of paper

I took the picture to expose for the paper.

Now if I expose for the background.

The paper now appears black, the pictures taken of the object were correctly exposed for the Earth in the background so a white object could appear dark grey- black the pictures shown of the object matched the shape of a piece of insulation and has been shown before on here many times.
edit on 1-8-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Yea the two most reliable to get your info from! LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Good pic demonstration.

The blanket pics are a total red herring and I am not sure why they ever got labelled "Black Knight".

The old satellite observations are the real story, and a more interesting one. I haven't yet ploughed through the old threads to find what the explanation was, if any.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

Yea the two most reliable to get your info from! LOL

I have no idea who Phage is IRL but how can you claim Jim Oberg is not a reliable source in space matters? He was writing about space before most of the members here were born. (Sorry Jim!)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join