It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17, the dow drops 300 points, Russia shuts down their Stock Exchange...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
...threats of pandemics, etc...

www.globalresearch.ca... int=1

While the mainstream media casually accuses Moscow without evidence of having orchestrated the shoot down of Malaysian Airlines MH17 in liaison with the Donesk rebels, the backlash of the crisis on international financial markets and on Russia’s financial system has passed virtually unnoticed.

Moreover, the political threats and insinuations directed against the Russian Federation in the wake of the July 17 disaster, have been coupled with a renewed wave of economic sanctions directed against major Russian corporations and financial institutions.

Inside Information and Foreknowledge

The conduct of speculative operations both prior and in the wake of the July 17 crash, is also a major consideration: In the functioning of World financial markets, terror events, natural disasters as well as major tragedies such as MH17 will invariably have an impact on the short term behavior of financial markets including major stock markets, the foreign exchange market as well the energy and commodities markets.

It should be noted that foreknowledge of a terror event such as the MH17 crash of July 17 over Eastern Ukraine’s warzone, offers an opportunity to the perpetrators as well as those who have advanced knowledge of the terror event to conduct profitable speculative transactions on various financial markets. Cui bono? Wall Street or Moscow’s Financial Establishment?

In other words, those who planned the attack on MH17 (including their political and economic sponsors) had in their possession valuable and confidential information which could be used in large scale speculative undertakings, including options trade on the DJIA, the Moscow Stock exchange (MICEX), foreign exchange markets, not to mention speculative trade (e.g. put options) on airline stocks.

What is described above is routine in the frequent conduct of “risk free” speculative trade by major financial institutions.

www.blacklistednews.com...

and this on a thursday. Volatile mkts activity seems to usually be on fridays allowing things to cool and be contained while the press touts how badass justin beiber is now and whether or not miley bots can stick their fuzzy toungues out to the right, or does it have to be on the left side of the face.

probably just a glitch or something.

but tomorrow looks to be interesting none-the-less.

I guess a few more gazans, like 100k or so might lose themselves when there is no spotlight to lose as we might not be too far off from being spotted as food is becoming more dificult to provide for a majority of people in the US and worldwide.

oh, oh, we must not forget the massive influx of Hondurans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans fleeing their countries from the media hidden proxy wars down there. Is this all about profits in this preplanned crisis too?

So, yeah, all we need now is a carefully crafted and hyped global pandemic scenario and a mega global celestial type event...I dunno, like maybe blow up a bomb in the pacific where they seem to be dumping all the nuclear waste they have been wondering all these years what they are to do with...
and media blitz it was an asteroid or something... I am just trying to think big here, anyway, I am straying...

yeah the mkts. It is getting more difficult to eat....when does football season start. I dont have a tv or service, but I think I need a distraction so I might buy one, and service too...maybe...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

Isn't terrorism great for rich guys!!
If it is for profit then it's going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah. Isis is a Langely operation. And they answer to the banks. Terrorism is good business.
a reply to: EA006

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The Russian Exchange is back open... here is what they had to say about the market shutting down:

July 30 at 15:56 MSK in trading and clearing system of the stock market of the Moscow Stock Exchange in processing a transaction in the functional transfer of funds was a discrepancy between the results of the processing central to trading and clearing systems and servers access trading system. In this situation, the correct functioning of trading and clearing system became impossible and trading halted.

Trading system has become available for withdrawal requests at 17:31 MSK., Trading was resumed at 17:50 MSK.

For the convenience of trading on the stock market has been extended to 19:30 MSK. Interim settlement of trades included in the first clearing pool was also moved from 16:00 to 18:05 MSK.

Trading and settlements in foreign exchange and futures markets, the Moscow Stock Exchange held during the day in normal mode.

Moscow Exchange apologizes for any inconvenience.

Source

The claim they are making is that it was basically a glitch that prevented trades from being accurate.

The 300 point drop might be a pre-cursor of something worse to come...

~Namaste
edit on 31-7-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When it rains it pours. Even more shares will be sold off in the panic. Guess who is buying!
edit on 31-7-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
its all market corruption in my opinion.

Nothing like this happens accidentally.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Down more tomorrow is my prediction. Since I always predict wrong, that means it goes up tomorrow. Darn, that is another prediction based on my lousy predictions. Probably flat since I didn't predict that. Great, guess I covered all the directions of predictions now.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Okay, when do the plagues of locusts arrive?

We have the wars, rumors of wars, pestilence and conventional plagues. We're just missing those demented grasshoppers acting like some borg.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

To quote Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park:" Hold on to your butts."
Think we are in for a ride now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Down more tomorrow is my prediction. Since I always predict wrong, that means it goes up tomorrow. Darn, that is another prediction based on my lousy predictions. Probably flat since I didn't predict that. Great, guess I covered all the directions of predictions now.

No Rickey you failed to predict the market going sideways.........
Get ready for the crash Friday....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Gee.....never thought about sideways.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I really cannot fathom the idea that all these 'events' are either coordinated or orchestrated by a central planning cabal of elites, be they Moguls, Captains of Industry, Oligarchs, Bankers, Media Billionaires, et al (for a total of 300 ?)

stuff happens without there being a conspiracy directing the event... these are called black swans...

I myself just try to react quickly ... for instance yesterday was only the 13th time this year, in my investment book, that Gold was down by 10 points or more... and those events are the only time I buy gold/gold shares

a few days earlier, I seen that Silver was being offered by my supplier for only $2.35 over spot ... which made the total cost w/ premium under $23.... which signals It's "protracted investment time", for me.

I will keep the DRIPs I already have regardless of the market swings as the few stocks I own return better than +3% Dividend average which is more than the 10 year Treasury pays

roll with the tide
edit on st31140690286401212014 by St Udio because: blah

top topics

join