It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEARCH for 30,000 potential 'victims' of Ebola outbreak spawned by one victim.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Something that serious (Ebola) and those countries, areas are not being quarantined? Why are planes even flying out of those countries... OMG I just want to scream!

All it could take is one guy leaving and infecting a few people...the 30k turns into 200k...and then what, millions?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Greta is covering this man right now. Has his wife on as a guest. The wife just said he was on his way to America for kid's birthday when he died. The wife is upset because the Liberian Gov't won't release his remains to bring home to the U.S. for burial. She is asking U.S. Gov't to intercede to get his body home.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

These are inadequate procedures. By the time they contact the 30k, if even 2 are infected out of the 30k, then they are an additional 60k and so on and so on.

This is insanity not to limit/eliminate travel from these countries.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wonder if they will close that Boarder now?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

How about the movie Outbreak?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I feel for her, but.....

I really do hope this all goes away soon.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
sorry Howie,,

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have seen reports of health care workers coming down with ebola. This scares me. Health care workers would take precautions against contracting the virus according to what they knew about the mode of transmission of the virus. I see this a evidence that the virus is airborne now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
so from what some are saying it is time to panic when it is all too late.....why panic after the fact you are already dead...the time to panic is before the outbreak to hopefully prevent it from happening....

with that little tidbit i think i might watch "the stand"

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I see this a evidence that the virus is airborne now.

Are you a virologist? If not then STFU and don't spread panic !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

I see this a evidence that the virus is airborne now.

Are you a virologist? If not then STFU and don't spread panic !!!

Are you a virologist?
Even if you are not, I will not tell you to STFU, because I believe that you have a voice to be heard and it would be a shame to stifle it... even if you are not a virologist.

To answer your question, I am not a virologist. I will not be stifled by your internet plea.

ETA:
Some people are virologists though.
ebola....

You'll notice if you read virtually any mainstream article on the topic that they make a point of insisting that Ebola is only transferred by physical contact with bodily fluids. This is not true, at all. A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and were never placed in direct contact. Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.

edit on bu312014-08-01T11:59:18-05:0011America/ChicagoFri, 01 Aug 2014 11:59:18 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The death toll is now already 729 people

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Are you a virologist?
Even if you are not, I will not tell you to STFU, because I believe that you have a voice to be heard and it would be a shame to stifle it... even if you are not a virologist.

To answer your question, I am not a virologist. I will not be stifled by your internet plea.

You do realize what your saying, right? This is not a matter of opinion but something that requires a level of competence. If you want your voice to be heard then pick the right subject, not something that with your ignorance on the subject can fuel mass panic and disinformation.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Irishhaf

its not panic time yet. i agree whole heart-etly,,,,

panic or no panic , starts

21 days from now.

Excuse my ignorance, but why 21 days from now? I'm not 100% up to date on the whole ebola situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

Are you a virologist?

You do realize what your saying, right? This is not a matter of opinion but something that requires a level of competence. If you want your voice to be heard then pick the right subject, not something that with your ignorance on the subject can fuel mass panic and disinformation.

I didn't notice your answer to my question.....

Update:
I just checked outside my office and the streets are littered with crashed vehicles because of the mass panic caused by my opinion that I posted on this thread.

edit on b000000312014-08-01T13:10:29-05:0001America/ChicagoFri, 01 Aug 2014 13:10:29 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sozen94

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Irishhaf

its not panic time yet. i agree whole heart-etly,,,,

panic or no panic , starts

21 days from now.

Excuse my ignorance, but why 21 days from now? I'm not 100% up to date on the whole ebola situation.

21 days is the incubation period before victims start showing symptoms of infection.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

I will ask the question: Is Ebola communicable prior to showing symptoms?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

s a Person Contagious During the Ebola Incubation Period?
Even if a person exhibits no signs or symptoms of Ebola, he or she can still spread the virus during the Ebola incubation period. Once Ebola virus symptoms begin, the person can remain contagious for about three more weeks.
a reply to: bbracken677
Ebola Information

edit on 2-8-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Exactly... we may be witnessing the beginnings of the virtual extinction of man. For all we know it may already be in all the 1st world countries due to air travel. Then when the symptoms start showing, that measly 30k will become millions in no time and we are lost.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I completely agree. People would think they're getting a cold or flu, and go to work anyway (which most do). Just think of the daily contact of grocery store clerks and restaurant workers, etc.
ex]Common Ebola Symptoms
The start of Ebola symptoms is usually abrupt. Common Ebola symptoms can include:

Fever
Sore throat
Weakness
Severe headache
Joint and muscle aches
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Dehydration
Dry, hacking cough
Stomach pain.a reply to: bbracken677

new topics

top topics