It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Flight leaves for Liberia to evacuate Americans infected with Ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
What we should do is not bring them here.

Equip a ship or island. This is too big a risk. The end.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And by the time a boat or island could be equipped with proper facilities they'll be dead and the outbreak will be over with us no closer to a potential cure. Why is this too big of a risk when we already have numerous samples of Ebola in the country? Hell there's already some right next door to Emory at the CDC. How is the transporting of these two patients to a containment unit in a hospital any different than a sample of the virus being transported to a containment unit in a research facility?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases

www.whitehouse.gov...

Signed today.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

ok time to stop and freak out!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Make a biological diseases for war fair.
test it in a out of the way place.
get a survivor and make vaccine.

use a small private plain to get them out.
sounds like a film plot!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They need to be cleared before being released into a public environment in America.

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

but they may hold a cure,, if i know by science.

opps my

not
by

u know ,, hey bye,,nevermind.

M.o.o.n. That spells science. LOL. I have a kindle that substitutes if it doesn't know a word or if I misspell a word and I've left stranger sentences behind me because of it.
LOL
Yes I believe these two are going to be used to try and develops a cure or vaccine. One, the one who didn't receive the serum received a transfusion from a boy who got it and recovered thereby transferring his antibodies to the new host. Time will tell. I still don't think this is going to become a world wide plague. It's not really spread easily and as one scientist put it it's hard to keep the bugger alive long enough to study it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the CDC knows how to contain infected people. It's what they do after all. Center for Disease Control. CDC.

Da reply to: Dimithae

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're bringing 'it' to the CDC to find out who has been spreading the sh!t around.

that limb won't hold much weight. This is known to have crossed species and the initial hosts were bats and apes. Not everything is a nefarious plot by the evil governments of the planet. LOL
edit on AM000000310000000883153312014-08-01T07:53:51-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

This just happened days ago. Mere days.

C.D.C. Details Anthrax Scare for Scientists at Facilities

Forgive us that some presently have no confidence in the CDC to contain a raffle outcome, let alone dangerous pathogens which have never had human hosts in North America before. This thing is killing top doctors in Africa. Professionals who know the containment procedures for a disease they were familiar with from regular handling of patients over the years. Many of those men in Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone are now dead. This strain killed them. They thought they knew how to be safe, but missed something.

I hope the CDC doesn't miss anything at Emory.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Chances are pretty good that nothing will happen. These guys are not the damn keystone cops after all. a reply to: butcherguy

edit on AM000000310000000883156312014-08-01T07:56:23-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have seen reports of health care workers coming down with ebola. This scares me. Health care workers would take precautions against contracting the virus according to what they knew about the mode of transmission of the virus. I see this a evidence that the virus is airborne now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Stop just stop. The disease does not spread so very easily. It's been four months and world wide only 770 deaths thereabouts. That a pretty small number in such a long time for you guys to be getting into panic mode. As an example the Spanish flu of 1918 spread very rapidly. In a fort in KAnsas one man reported sick on Mar 2 and by the 10th there were over 100 victims. Now compare that to the numbers for this disease. That should calm people down. If this truly was an airborne disease like the flu there would be hundreds of thousands already sick. a reply to: mysterioustranger

edit on AMu31u0883116312014-08-01T08:16:20-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I will copy my post from another ebola thread.

Ebola Airborne?

You'll notice if you read virtually any mainstream article on the topic that they make a point of insisting that Ebola is only transferred by physical contact with bodily fluids. This is not true, at all. A study conducted in 2012 showed that Ebola was able to travel between pigs and monkeys that were in separate cages and were never placed in direct contact. Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.

edit on bu312014-08-01T08:18:23-05:0008America/ChicagoFri, 01 Aug 2014 08:18:23 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

This is an outbreak where African officials in 3 or more nations are in full emergency mode. Announcements as recently as last night had Emergency methods being taken as statements confirmed top doctors in 2 key nations have been killed in this outbreak. Stop is an appropriate thing to say in the "nothing to see here, move along now" response some are bringing to a new and emerging crisis.

The viral illness has exacted a terrible toll, killing 729 people, including top physicians in Liberia and Sierra Leone, nations that already faced an acute shortage of doctors. The outbreak has also sickened two American aid workers, who were being rushed back to the United States for treatment.

“The whole thing has been very incompetently handled,” said Lansana Gberie, a historian from Sierra Leone. “If the government had quarantined this area” where the outbreak started, in the remote northeast, “they could have contained it. Instead they opened a treatment center in Kenema, a major population center.”

Emergency Efforts in Africa to Contain Ebola as Toll Rises

That story goes on to detail what makes this outbreak different in both behavior of the bug and the ineffective response which has let it reach this new level of concern and international threat, as they clearly call it.

This is no drill and it is the real thing. It's been building for months and is now at the international stage of concern. Why it seems a priority to downplay it is beyond me. I've never seen anyone soft peddle Ebola before.

Then again, it's never been brought into this nation by choice before either.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
However since Ebola is not a respiratory disease the cough or sneeze would be either a cold or allergen. In close proximity large droplets could spread the disease to persons nearby. The mask is a precaution. It's still not spread like the common cold or influenza. a reply to: LrdRedhawk

edit on AMu31u0883129312014-08-01T08:29:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And that is for diseases like the flu as stated within the amendment. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS OUTBREAK. a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
WOW so someone makes a mistake with a disease that is airborne and the whole organization needs to be flushed down the toilet? Sorry but that's just not enough to make me abandon common sense. Go ahead and panic if you want I'm going on with life assuming I'm going to be fine. If we could bet on this I'd put money down. hn reply to: MrCynic

edit on AM000000310000000883140312014-08-01T08:40:01-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am calm, cool and collected.

I often think that people that shout that there is nothing to worry about and giving off an air of denial are the ones that are really worried.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Large droplets suspended in the air. The remainder of that theory by Dr Kobinger stated that it could spread to someone very nearby.
Just quote the parts that support your fears. That's the way to educate people.
A true airborne disease like the flu spreads rapidly . Increasing 100 fold every ten days or so. veke reply to: butcherguy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join