It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emory Healthcare to treat Ebola patient

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
With the creation of the IS and this ebola thing

Im begining to think someone wants to bring about the end times

Horsemen of the apocalypse perhaps?

Are you referring to ISIL being created?

Pax

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonewolf2

originally posted by: Ameilia
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Another example of government idiocy in action. No Ebola has made it to the US yet? No problem, let's FLY it in!

The Ebola Virus already has residence in the USA

The Ebola Virus is currently sitting in the Galveston University of Texas Medical Branch Lab.

There's just that small difference between Ebola in a lab dish and a live person actively infected with Ebola.

There are NO people in the US currently infected with Ebola. The US is BRINGING IN someone who is infected with Ebola.

Hopefully I've been really, super-clear in this post, since the past post wasn't clear enough, apparently.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonewolf2

Another example of government idiocy in action. No Ebola has made it to the US yet? No problem, let's FLY it in!

The Ebola Virus already has residence in the USA

The Ebola Virus is currently sitting in the Galveston University of Texas Medical Branch Lab.

There's just that small difference between Ebola in a lab dish and a live person actively infected with Ebola.

There are NO people in the US currently infected with Ebola. The US is BRINGING IN someone who is infected with Ebola.

Hopefully I've been really, super-clear in this post, since the past post wasn't clear enough, apparently.

The US is giving medical assistance to one of their own as one would expect. I have for some time believe that the Ebola Virus is the dinosaur of viruses. Meaning that it acts the same way Ebola viruses have always acted, unlike many other viruses the replicate and evolve quickly. I doubt Ebola will spread in the US because medical staff use standard precautions when dealing with bodily fluids. Unlike 3rd World countries where medical equipment is not readily available to protect medical workers plus or minus multi-use of equipment etc.

What I am concerned of is that concerning report published recently regarding Safety Violations at US bio terror labs, simple safety procedures not being undertaken in these labs where they house anthrax, smallpox and bird flu virus are concerning. Report below:

The Ebola Virus still resides in the US in Labs.

Reports reveal safety violations at many bio terror labs.
Audits obtained by USA TODAY provide a rare glimpse into the secretive world of bioterror labs where workers handle dangerous agents.
July 16, 2014

Recent glaring safety lapses involving anthrax, smallpox and a dangerous strain of bird flu are the latest violations at a half-dozen laboratories run by federal health agencies, 11 labs run by universities and eight more operated by state, local or private entities, according to government reports stamped "restricted" obtained by USA TODAY under the Freedom of Information Act.

The reports by the Office of Inspector General at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services cited inadequate security procedures, lax inventory records for germs that could be used as bioterror agents and training concerns. Auditors warned in reports issued from 2006 to 2009 that such issues could have compromised the labs' abilities "to safeguard select agents from accidental or intentional loss and to ensure the safety of individuals who worked with select agents."

Auditors also found that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is responsible for policing U.S. labs working with potential bioterror germs, largely failed during its inspections to catch serious security lapses when samples were shipped by 20 labs. CDC also didn't quickly document corrections at other labs after issues were flagged by auditors, the reports say.

Source: Read further

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
World Health Organization to convene committee on Aug. 6-7 to decide if Ebola constitutes international public health emergency - @Reuters

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
World Health Organization on Ebola: 'This outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries' - @ReutersWorld

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lonewolf2

My concern is it only takes one. If one person that comes in contact with a patient has a lapse in safety precautions that is all it takes. What if one of the individuals working with the Ebola patients in the US has had a bad day or week or is getting a divorce or has something else on the mind at the time and forgets one simple safety procedure designed to keep this from getting out and infects themselves on accident or without even realizing it? They walk right out of the facility and set off the next round of deaths in the US.

I know the US has the 4 best facilities in the world for it, but 4 facilities for a nationwide outbreak would not come close to doing anything. Imagine the numbers of people that would swarm on those places....they would be infected within days as well with nothing to keep them from it.

I just really don't like the fact that the US chose to bring it back here. I know the CDC has strains of it already in storage, but they were homegrown and ALWAYS in containment. The contained strains are not inside people. The "being inside a person" part is the real key to it spreading...you can handle a specimen however you want and it will never sneeze or cough or vomit on you. A person will, especially when they are dying from Ebola.

Stupid decision that I hope we will not come to regret. I will never understand why they put these disease containment facilities in some of the largest populated areas in the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: Another_Nut

And so it begins...
Years from now they will say it all started in Atlanta...

Im thinking more of the bush family ranch

But

Ive been wrong before

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It takes one mistake, one accident, one idiot on a motorcycle going too fast and slamming into the containment vehicle. Or one dr who is super tired forgets to clean properly and goes home to his wife and kids and they contract it and spread it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: carewemust
sure - if you pay them......their systems are for their citizens - that's what THEIR taxpayers pay for - Yanks can pay their own damned way and use their own damned system!

What ?!?

So if hundreds of thousands of sick, starving, impoverished children from America, were illegally sneaking into your country thru your southern border, you would turn them away ? You would not house them, feed them, or provide free medical care ?

Instead you would demand, they be taken care of by their own country and their own tax payers ? That doesn't sound very progressive.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

This is a call for an immediate, thorough, and independent investigation of Tulane University researchers and their Fort Detrick associates in the US biowarfare research community, who have been operating in West Africa during the past several years.

What exactly have they been doing?

Why do we have reports that the government of Sierra Leone has recently told Tulane researchers to stop this testing?

The research program, occurring in Sierra Leone, the Republic of Guinea, and Liberia—said to be the epicenter of the 2014 Ebola outbreak—has the announced purpose, among others, of detecting the future use of fever-viruses as bioweapons.

For the last several years, researchers from Tulane University have been active in the African areas where Ebola is said to have broken out in 2014.

These researchers are working with other institutions, one of which is USAMRIID, the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, a well-known center for biowar research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

I guess this explains the US Dept of Defense's involvement.

Much more at link...

What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Exposed! George Soros Is Funding The Bioweapons Lab At The Focus of Ebola Outbreak!

*George Soros’s foundation funds the Kenema bioweapons lab at the focus of the Ebola outbreak, and which is about to be closed, apparently amid an investigation.

* WHO media coordinator Glenn Thomas was highly likely involved in fielding media and other inquiries about how WHO viewed and what it planned to do about the controversial Kenema lab.

* Was Glenn Thomas aware of hard evidence showing that the lab was faking positive diagnoses for Ebola — Tulane University? – in order to justify forcing people to undergo treatment which would give them Ebola? Did he refuse to go along with the cover up?

* The mainstream media is silent about the Kenema bioweapons lab closure as well as about the order to Tulane University to stop Ebola testing. So, what other channels are there left for this information to enter the public domain or be spread through social media networks if WHO does not release the information or take action?

* George Soros has links to Sierra Leone President Ernest Koroma

Sierra Leone: the final frontier?

George Soros, his Ebola bioweapons lab and the death of WHO spokesperson Glenn Thomas in the Ukraine

US bioweapons lab with links to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation at core of Ebola epidemic

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I understand your concerns. One error in judgement, a slip in a procedures and policy may cause a few deaths. However as I stated before the Ebola Virus kills it's host too quickly to become a major threat to US society. Third world countries the spread Ebola has occurred is through fear of Western medical treatment (in light of the reuse of needles and other medical treatment) by going underground etc.

I am more concerned about the free reign of the likes of Yoshihiro Kawaoka, at Wisconsin University who works as a virologist 'specializing' with the H1N1 influenza and Ebola viruses. Kawaoka has been audacious enough to to re-create the 1918 flu virus and increase the transmissibility of of bird flu. As in my earlier post July 16, 2014 audits revealing safety violations at many US bio terror labs are of concern to not only the US itself, but also for the world as a whole.

The 1918 - 1920 Flu epidemic killed 50 to 100 million people around the world. It has been estimated that this flu killed 25 million people in its first 7 months. Who gave the go-ahead for this Wisconsin University virologist to re-create this flu virus when it killed so many in the past??

For comparison:

2014 Ebola outbreak over 6 months:
    729 people died to date between February - July 2014

1918 Flu epidemic over 7 months:
    25,000,000 people died between January - August 1918

top topics

<< 1   >>

join