It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well I am all for a good old fashioned freak out. My favourite kind is the Psychobilly freak out, but that is a matter of taste. All I am saying is, that there is no OUTBREAK in the States. You have one contained case, which has not seen an unregulated atmosphere since they left Africa!

Hey........youre forgetting about the one they dont know about yet.......didnt you read above.........

zombies........im telling you its coming........

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Aid worker from Africa who is being transported to America with the virus. F that dude I don’t care how cautious they are with the infected ever hear of Murphy’s law? Add in the fact that Hospitals are dirty dirty places. Quarantined or not this is a huge risk we are taking. You have way to much faith in the system to not be worried. 9 times out of 10 you go to hospitals and leave with more diseases and infections then you came with.

link   
Riiight. EVERY employee at the CDC is overworked and underpaid and (therefore) incompetent ....

Beyond that, they're FEDERAL workers y'all! ... you know that that means, secret Communist-Muslim-Nazi-Atheists out to destroy America! Now they're giving them EBOLA!!!

Please.

Emory is one of the best places in the world for this treatment. Period.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I take your point there about the breaches which have come to light. However this patient has received an awful lot of press attention so far, and as reaction on this thread shows starkly, there will no doubt be continuing interest in this, and any other case of Ebola that arrives in your nation.

I think that the level of scrutiny on this case, and any others which arrive, will be massive, and those who are actually treating this patient will be on their level best behaviour until well after the media hype goes away, especially considering the almighty dressing down certain people probably had after the last balls ups.

Also, a question, were any of the CDC snafus of recent times actually centred around Emory ?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think this is a bad decision because I feel like something is going to go wrong. Ever since I came on this thread and saw the article on another MSM site I keep seeing this future full of sick people infected with ebola everywhere in America. Things like this make me paranoid. Honestly, I'm hoping for the best and hope that both Brantly and Writebol get better but I'm expecting the worse.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well I am all for a good old fashioned freak out. My favourite kind is the Psychobilly freak out, but that is a matter of taste. All I am saying is, that there is no OUTBREAK in the States. You have one contained case, which has not seen an unregulated atmosphere since they left Africa!

There are African people using our open borders to get into the U.S. now. I've posted the data in other threads on the Border Crisis. They are paying an average of $25,000 per person for fake documents and transportation from the Cartels.

THAT has me worried as no one is being checked for anything at the borders. Plus, with Africa now closing entry and exit from infected regions, and people clamoring to get out...well...

Plus as of today...still...Africa is only making people getting on flights out of Africa, sign a piece of paper stating they have not been in contact with anyone with Ebola, and taking their temp before they get on a plane...scares the crap out of me.

They are making people sign the paper to get the airlines and Gov't off the hook in case anyone with Ebola does get on a flight.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Aqualung2012

God, I hate to say this but...

I spent 2 months in an ATL hospital....not Emory...

It was HORRIBLE. And my unit was supposed to be the best in the South for my condition. There were some great people but you can't overcome systemic issues related to the crappy/over stressed state of hospitals and healthcare in rhe U.S.

God help us.

I've worked with (not for) Emory during clinical trials and they are considered a prestigious university hospital among the clinical research industry.

Now... if they cant contain this... then we never stood a chance.
edit on 2007x6720America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yep.

Not to mention we had the Olympics...and a bombing. An ice storm...and people trapped at schools, work and on interstates for two days.

I love my people, but let's hope they do better this time around.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Aid worker from Africa who is being transported to America with the virus. F that dude I don’t care how cautious they are with the infected ever hear of Murphy’s law? Add in the fact that Hospitals are dirty dirty places. Quarantined or not this is a huge risk we are taking. You have way to much faith in the system to not be worried. 9 times out of 10 you go to hospitals and leave with more diseases and infections then you came with.

9 out of 10 people also make up statstics.

link   

See now THAT is an issue worthy of concern and fear. I noted one other poster in this thread saying words to the effect of "screw that guy, he is not worth the risk" referring to the patient being transferred. When compared to totally unchecked borders, and people from God only knows where, popping up false identities, and potential exposure to Ebola through that, this patient in bio contained environment is like a feather placed next to an automatic shotgun!

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The campuses (CDC and Emory University) are literally right next to each other TrueBrit.

There is and has been a monumental amount of interaction between the two groups for decades.

More than one treatment for serious disease has been the result of the interaction and proximity between Emory and the CDC, but ... I'm sure this time everyone involved will just wipe their Ebola-laden hands on their jeans and ride MARTA (local rapid transit) home.

Honestly, I really believe there's nothing to worry about, any more than any other day of the year.

Ebola is not the worst thing out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

average of $25,000 per person

for a country where u can get Eboli from kissing,,,,

id say the price just dropped.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I'm praying for your City Des but I'm especially praying for you and your family.

Hope things stay under control. God help us all.
edit on 31-7-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Eboli ?

What, is that Italian Ebola?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

must have mutated,,,,

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well if SHTF here in the states im buying a one way ticket to the UK then. Least you guys are an island.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I personally know two young people who were in Guinea with the Peace Corps who came home a couple of weeks ago.

They've been walking and talking among us for weeks -- no news reports there.

We don't need to be afraid of what gets posted in the MSM ... that's just fuel for the low-grade anxiety machine that we're constantly subjected to.

Patient Zero is someone no one knows or suspects.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

I'm praying for your City Des but I'm especially praying for you and your family.

Hope things stay under control. God help us all.

As another poster stated. Both CDC and Emory have great reputations. I have to have faith that everyone that is involved from treatment to housekeeping is well trained in protocol with Ebola. That there are double check everything procedures in place.

Thank you for your Prayers...much appreciated.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Yep.

Instead of haemorrhage from every gap in your flesh, you just get pizza dough, the feeling that you ought to be paying someone protection money, and you get better at swearing out of the window of your car!

In all seriousness though, every time Ebola raises its head (its a yearly issue in Western Africa, although not to this extent) it has changed, mutated since its last appearance. I am very interested as to what happens during those dormancy periods it goes through, specifically where it ends up and in what hosts. I know that it tends to do well in apes, and other mammals, but I am intrigued by its mutations.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ya know the have to put on the tin foil hat 4 a minute. Does this all seem like their plan. Overload the systems with the boarder the weak dollar and all the other events going on. i mean this all seem to be scripted i don't watch tv but seen the first episode of the strain i think it was called a new vampire series but the whole airplane virus and quarantine ect just ranting now hat off.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join