It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush vs Clinton 2016?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
JUST SHOOT ME NOW!!! *FACEPALM *HEADDESK

Jeb Bush Quietly Ramps Up 2016 Presidential Bid (meets w/Big $$ Wall St. GOP, Dems, Independents)

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has been traveling to New York in the past month to quietly meet with high-flying business leaders to ramp up interest in a potential presidential bid. “He’s been meeting with groups of up to 15 people at private homes to tell them about some of his moderate points of view,” a source said. “He’s been meeting with Republicans, Democrats and Independents.”

Our source added, "It’s for people here to get to know more about him. He’s said he has not decided whether he’ll run.” We hear that Bush was in town last Thursday for a meeting at the home of one Wall Street firm’s managing director and also on June 26.

Jeb Bush Quietly Ramps Up 2016 Presidential Bid (meets w/Big $$ Wall St. GOP, Dems, Independents)

VS

Hillary Clinton hints at second presidential run in 2016

Following a discussion with her husband, Bill, and daughter, Chelsea, which was chaired by the talkshow host Jimmy Kimmel, Clinton was asked by a member of the audience: “Ms Clinton, if you won't represent women in politics in America as future president, who will?”

She replied: “Look, I am very much concerned about the direction of our country. And it's not just who runs for office but what they do when they get there and how we bring people together, and particularly empower young people.”

Pressed by Kimmel to give a clearer answer, she added: “I'm obviously thinking about all kinds of decisions.”

Hillary Clinton hints at second presidential run in 2016

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I'm personally looking forward to a Clinton Vs Bush, you couldn't pay for better entertainment, unless Joe Biden and Sarah Palin get picked as VP picks

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I seriously don't think the Bush brand can be salvaged after GWB on a national level. You wanna motivate the Democratic base go ahead and put a Bush on the ticket.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They can each pimp this all they want for fund raising purposes, I just can't see the demographics allowing this to come to fruition. Or Millennials. The idea is just utterly unexciting and campaigns need excitement. I also can't see either one being charismatic enough to overcome the baggage of their political dynasties. The only people in to this cage match would be boomer political elites.
edit on 7/31/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We need Bush v. Clinton like we needed Bush and Clinton the first time around which is to say not at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I seriously don't think the Bush brand can be salvaged after GWB on a national level. You wanna motivate the Democratic base go ahead and put a Bush on the ticket.

Don't you think pretty much the same can be said for the Clintons???

Bottom line, it is time for "New Blood" untainted by the greed of politics in Washington DC! Someone whom abides by the Constitution instead of pandering to the lobbyists and special interest money. But considering the illusion of our voting system as being having a choice, versus what it really is selecting those whom have already been chosen for us, will be the nail in the already nearly sealed coffin of the United States of America.

Bush, Clinton, whatever, all globalist puppets and we all STILL LOSE.......

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would love to see both of them run. Perhaps that would open-up the possibility of a third party candidate having some success.

Where's Ross Perot when you need him?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I agree with your comments, but Bill Clinton didn't even come close to being as bad as Bush.

Clinton's legacy is sex with an intern.

Bush's legacy is starting wars and creating the US police-state.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

She replied: “Look, I am very much concerned about the direction of our country. And it's not just who runs for office but what they do when they get there and how we bring people together, and particularly empower young people.”

despite and no matter how terrible, evil and otherwise i see people trying to 'paint' her ..... i just can't find any fault with that answer.

???

am i a shillary?

nothing could be further from the truth.

just sayin..

maybe the stone softened slightly or the mettle just enough to allow for such a display of humanity.

there. i think i covered all political bases.... can't have offended anyone.

:derp: :derp:

US politrix !?

???

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ive been calling it for a while now, its allready been decided and id be willing to bet the little i own that those are you next runners up.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
From now on, and forever more, we'll only have two names to remember when voting...Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton, Bush vs Clinton..........yawn.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Bush vs Clinton 2016?

Kill me. Kill me now.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

2020 the bush kids vs the clinton kids

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No topic on ATS.

No words ever uttered than Bush versus CLintons.

PROVES just how true Menckens words of long ago are.

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

Another dose of Mencken:

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. A Little Book in C major (1916) ; later published in A Mencken Crestomathy (1949).

edit on 31-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Barack Obama said a lot of things that sounded good, too. But see where we are now?

She's a lawyer and a politician. They all say things that sound good. It's what they do to get votes, and once they have them ... Then they forget everything they ever said for what they really meant to do all along.

That's how the game is played. It's not what she says. It's what she's done that counts.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Bush:
torture
preemptive war
wire tapping
9/11
stock market crash
depression
housing bubble
bank bailouts
gitmo
Valerie Plane
Patriot Act
Department of Homeland security
militarization of police and government agencies
freedom fries

Clinton:
Kosovo
Lewinsky
Budget surplus
massive increase in pot arrests
prosperity
NAFTA

I like Warren so far, but its too early to judge.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that people still believe who is elected president actually make much of a difference in the direction of the US. Those days are gone.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

despite and no matter how terrible, evil and otherwise i see people trying to 'paint' her ..... i just can't find any fault with that answer.

She does a fine job of that on her own

Some of Hillary's 'greatest' hits:

Of course people are free to support anyone they want.

I am choosing none of the above.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If I were Jeb Bush, I would constantly pound the Goldilocks meme: 41 was too soft 43 was too stupid 45 would be juuuuust right

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Torture did not begin under Bush.

Guess IGNORE it under Clinton eh ?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

'Premptive war'

Yo what the hell did Libya do to us ?

Nothing but 30 years of slience from them until the current guy decided to bomb the hell out of them.

'Wire taping didn't start under W'

That started long before he ever got in to office.

Then what about these ?

Fisa Act

Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995

ACA 'datahub'

'Stock market crash'

Guess pay no attention to the savings and loans, bubble bursting, and the Dotcom bubbles that preceeded it.

I Guess IGNORE that Mortagage backed securities was the cause of all that where everyone gets a home whether or not they can afford it.

Gitmo ?

Guess which one has droned more people.

Yeah putting 'terrorists' in 'prison' is evil, just better to kill them outright.

Oh and Gitmo is still OPEN.

'Militarization of the police' eh ?

Haven't been paying attention to their massive armament of the past 6 years with millions of rounds purchases, and Mraps, and drones now ?

Clinton ?

Missed opportunities to kill Bin Laden

Hank Crumpton, Former CIA Officer: Clinton Wouldn't Authorize Osama Bin Laden Kill In 1999

Budget 'surplus' ?

There was no surplus.

The CLinton Surplus LIE

Bill Clinton Legacy of Myththology and Surplus.

The government can have a surplus even if it has trillions in debt, but it cannot have a surplus if that debt increased every year. This article is about surplus/deficit, not the debt. However, it analyzes the debt to prove there wasn't a surplus under Clinton.

'NAFTA'

NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality
edit on 31-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join