It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola - What You're Not Being Told

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I agree, it does not appear to be airborne. But the virus is changing...

Herpes can be airborne. Bodily fluids can be coughing into a fine mist in the air and if inhaled will transfer. This plain fact there is no fiction here. The Flu is airborne and we say that only because it lives on surfaces in a wax like shell for a few hours. I don't know that much about Ebola but how long does it live on a surface outside of the body?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why is there no cure for Ebola?

Because it is, or at least was, not profitable enough!

The reality of the situation is that a man's life is worth saving only if he has enough money and that I find abhorrent.

“There was no profit for them,” Fauci said. “Ebola was first recognized in 1976, and to the present time, excluding the current outbreak, there were only 2,200 total cases. With a disease burden that low, people are not interested in making a vaccine, I can assure you.”

Why is there not yet a cure for Ebola?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

Ebola is a virus.

Unless something enormous has changed and I missed it? Mankind has cured exactly 0 virus caused diseases outside of vaccination.

Would you trust an Ebola vaccine? Would you want to be in the trials to see how it worked? That % that always goes bad would redefine the word bad in that example.

I can understand the lack of widespread effort to develop the only approach.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This post is sensationalist misinformation. If ebola was contractable by air a lot more people would be infected. You do not need to to tests on monkeys and pigs.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No way is it air born.
when they have funerals,
part of it is to Touch the bodie
and have a meal in the same room!!!

the virus it most contagious IN a dead bodie!
Thats why they have it so bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It's the fact the health professionals who have been infected in this outbreak knew all of that as well that bothers me.

Something seems different. It's become an urban outbreak which is unusual at best and this one is claiming people who know better for how it's supposed to behave.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If the ebola epidemic going on in Africa right now was as bad as half the posters on here make it out to be. All of Africa would be dead. This has been going on for six months. If the origin countrys are not collapsing with 80 percent of their populations dead. Then I think we will be ok.
I will not be losing any sleep over this. Now everyone should go back to worrying about all the diseases the illegals are bringing over. That will for sure bring down the USA. Even though those illegals have been coming over with their diseases for decades already. Probably since the country began. Fear is the mind killer.
edit on 31-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

This outbreak is unusual even by African standards.

Emergency Efforts in Africa to Contain Ebola as Toll Rises

Posters at ATS aren't saying it. The experts in the nations being impacted are saying that. The people who do this for a living, day in and day out are saying this.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Then you all worry about it. Have fun. I will start to worry about it when one african country collapses due to ebola. I will leave this thread and not look back.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here is my two cents, as if it really matters. It's a virus, it's ever changing, and ever mutating. We don't know really what it's going to do next. Also, I think this could have been fabricated, I mean really, how often has something like this happened, but around the world? www.usatoday.com...

You want a crisis in our country to bring in martial law, here is a biggie!
Match this with the illegals coming across.
And all the added disease they are bringing with.
It's starting to look like it's almost checkmate.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So the only the approach is to create a vaccine. I understand, however..

''...With a disease burden that low, people are not interested in making a vaccine, I can assure you.”

My point is about the attitude, not about the method. If it meant a risk of sacrificing my own live in order to help save many lives, then yes, yes I would be in the trials.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation

So the only the approach is to create a vaccine. I understand, however..

''...With a disease burden that low, people are not interested in making a vaccine, I can assure you.”

My point is about the attitude, not about the method. If it meant a risk of sacrificing my own live in order to help save many lives, then yes, yes I would be in the trials.

Have you ever seen an Ebola patient?

If you had, I admire your courage (if it's real). If you haven't, you should. Might change your mind when you are signing that volunteering registry.

It kinda bothers me how people say "well, make a vaccine" like making an advanced form of health-care is the same physical and intellectual effort as making a cake.

Question yourself why with billions of dollars, thousands of great doctors, thousands of great scientists and virologists, AIDS has still not been cured.

And that is just an example.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The CDC has just issued an "Interim Guidance about Ebola Virus Infection for Airline Flight Crews, Cleaning Personnel, and Cargo Personnel" The guide is heavily directed at preventing Airborne Transmission within Aircraft.

Source

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
The CDC has just issued an "Interim Guidance about Ebola Virus Infection for Airline Flight Crews, Cleaning Personnel, and Cargo Personnel" The guide is heavily directed at preventing Airborne Transmission within Aircraft.

The term airborne is being used incorrectly. A person spreading a virus through coughing or sneezing is from droplets. A distance of 6 feet from the infected individual is enough to prevent breathing in the droplets.

Airborne viruses live without the presence of a liquid, so it can travel around an entire room and you would get infected unless you had the proper protective equipment. This is why patients with an airborne illness are kept in negative pressure rooms in the hospital. When the door is opened, the pressure difference causes air to rush into the room instead of out of the room to prevent the particles from escaping.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Welcome to the Right Thread Glend.lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

I have to say in all honesty, there are very few medical conditions which would cause me to consider suicide. AIDS wouldn't do it. Double amputation wouldn't do it. Degenerative mental conditions may, but the very nature of it makes sound thought a question in itself.

Ebola would. For that short time an infected person has and having seen more than I wish I had in looking at Ebola cases to learn more about this? I don't know if it would cause me to take that final step. My beliefs make the consequences almost too much to consider. Bleeding out from Ebola though?

I just don't know. I do know this though. When you are working trials for a vaccine, odds are some will end up on the wrong side of the disease itself. Trial and error wouldn't be without occasional errors. Given a 90% mortality rate? That isn't medical risk, it's murder. How would people be chosen? Infected people won't live long enough for trials to work or show anything. It's a terrible situation for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

So sorry, should have searched first.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

DID YOU EVER HEAR ABOUT THE fILM , SEE ABOVE

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: steaming

Never saw the movie, but i have the previews. I would have to say that this is "close". Person brings in foreign virus and spreads it to where it's too late to quarantine a small mass. Chaos is assured.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
My practical rational opinion from someone who is a mother.... The goberment and doctors are playing at being God. This virus is beyond our intellectual capabilities. They haven't mastered control since 1976. That's 39 years. We should not have allowed it to come into the USA. We did not even get to vote on this! I feel like Kent Brantly's family paid the CDC a Large Cash Donation to go and get him. Being humanitarian only works for the safe healthy times.

When the entire population of humanity is under attack from a virus, the rights of the mass public are more important than the individual. We are talking about a near extinction event possibility. If they shot and buried the sick quickly, the event would come to an end. Sad but true. This Is bad. Africa should be quarantined. Soap bars and fresh meat dropped by parachute. I feel sad and scared for all the children and people of this planet. This bringing the virus away from Africa was not an act of kindness but one of extreme stupidity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join