It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NM Detention Facility - Chicken Pox Outbreak - Halting Deportations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

A confirmed case of chicken pox has halted all deportations and arrivals to a brand new immigrant detention facility in Artesia, New Mexico.

El Paso Public Health Director Ruben Resendes told KFOX14 the odds of the virus not spreading in the shelter are very low.

“If you have chicken pox, you are infectious two days before you even start showing symptoms,” he said.

“It’s one of the most contagious viruses out there,” Resendes said. “Skin to skin, airborne, people used to have chicken pox parties and everyone in the room would get it.”

Resendes told KFOX14 while chicken pox is normally fairly mild for children, it can be very severe for adults if they get it a second time.
Chicken Pox Outbreak

-
OBSERVATION: How Many FED Employees ... Dislike Their Jobs?

( and their employer )

edit on 31-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
Just up the road (a bit)...
Shingles, anyone?
Brand new facility, there?
So - they're halting deportations on account of this?
Need to keep the disease, here, I guess.

Well - Anyway - sorry for the kids (and adults) ...but... what did we/Obama-Pelosi expect?...or...intend?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Shingles, anyone?

Actually, or ironically, I have a mild case of Shingles right now, but I had chicken pox as a young boy, and have been under a lot of stress lately. I hope that's the only reason my immune system 'weakened' enough to allow this thing to appear on me..

Btw, I live far away from there (VA).

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I get the feeling these children were never immunized, as a plan to be included in some future event, happening presently.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
I get the feeling these children were never immunized, as a plan to be included in some future event, happening presently.

... or THE-WHY?

ObamaCare/ACA-Deductibles are ... "SO HIGH".
( i.e. un-affordable )

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor
Doesn't sound pleasant.
My dad suffered with them through the last decade of his life...
Pretty painful, I'm told...though, he never complained about it/them to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Farley...they are not only Mexican and South and Central Americans coming to our borders. Increasing numbers of people from other countries are paying high fees to smugglers to get them here.

Although Mexicans remain the largest group, U.S.-bound migrants today are increasingly likely to be young Central Americans fleeing violence as well as poverty, or migrants from remote locales such as India and Africa who pay top smuggling fees. They journey through a gantlet of predators

Smuggling fees for immigrants from Asia and Africa depend on factors such as the length and risk of the trip and use of fraudulent documents. Chinese migrants pay as much as $65,000 and Indians about $25,000, according to U.S. border enforcement officials.

This ebola outbreak, and Africa using military to lock down infected areas, is putting pressure on people to get out ASAP, by any means they can find. I hate to say it, but it does worry me. If an exposed and infected person does make it to Mexico. It's not just that person, but everyone else they came in contact with along the way. Unfortunately, we live in a world where money can buy you anything. No matter the danger.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I hate to come off sounding like a bigot, but--

Those people... Do not do Inoculation's for their people the same way we do...

All those things we've spent decades on prevention of things like measles, mumps, rubella, Chicken Pox, Polio and TB. are all coming back... Brought here by these sick kids...

Normally I'm not one of those doom and gloom kind of guys... But man, letting these folks into the country is just begging for an outbreak of epic proportions!

edit on 31-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

The boys and girls arrived by jetliner — and were quickly taken away by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

We don’t know if the kids were flown first class or coach.

ICE won’t comment.
ALOHA! ... ( Illegals )

and in ... Other-News:

Britain's foreign secretary said Ebola poses a threat to his country, and he's convened an emergency meeting Wednesday to discuss the possible spread of the virus.
Canada ... ( to guard against spread of Ebola )

-
"country is just begging for an outbreak of epic proportions!"?

OPINION: "sadly ... agree."

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I should say I do feel bad for these kids....

As the crow fly's it's like 1900 miles from San Salvador to the US border, god only knows how far it is on foot or what as so bad back home that they would even dare to attempt a trip like that...

Yes I feel bad for those kids...But... I still feel it's irresponsible to bring these kids in, without doing the full bank of medical testing...

I mean do have any idea what Vaccines I'd have to get to go down there?

Routine vaccines when traveling to El Salvador
Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.

they also recommend Hep A , Typhoid and Malaria ...
Source

new topics

top topics

join